Jackson

Malla

Reaction score
Jackson is not the problem. He busts his ass week in, week out.

Issue is what is around him.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson is not the problem. He busts his ass week in, week out.

Issue is what is around him.

I don’t agree
His game has gone backwards.
He isn’t the SOLE problem yes, but he is a part of the problem.

Malla

Reaction score
I don’t agree
His game has gone backwards.
He isn’t the SOLE problem yes, but he is a part of the problem.
How has it gone backwards?

I think you are expecting more from Jackson because the team is so shit. But what Jackson puts out there is no different that what he was doing when we had better pack around him.

Now, to answer your next question - yes, this could be part of the problem. Why are we investing this much money into a player that isn't going to give us what we need?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How has it gone backwards?

I think you are expecting more from Jackson because the team is so shit. But what Jackson puts out there is no different that what he was doing when we had better pack around him.

Now, to answer your next question - yes, this could be part of the problem. Why are we investing this much money into a player that isn't going to give us what we need?
Lol get off it. Jackson gets absolutely dominated at contact both in attack and defence and looks the least mobile he's ever been. His performances are rubbish.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's the Bulldogs captain curse. Since Price left, the players that took his place go on the decline.

Ryan, Graham and now Jackson.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I might have to change my name from captain Jackson to captain wakeham

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he should be played in the middle. He's not dangerous on the edge. Elliot would be more dangerous on the edge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he should be played in the middle. He's not dangerous on the edge. Elliot would be more dangerous on the edge.
He wouldn't be copping anywhere near as much criticism if he moved to the middle, unfortunately he should've made the move ages ago and with our lack of edge forwards it probably won't happen again this season.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
No he doesn’t look like the worst captain ever, don’t insult him like that, him and Tolman are the only ones who remained loyal while the other fucktards jumped ship.

Just a general question if Jackson was out who would your second row and lock and bench be, especially considering Elliot may be out?

We don’t seem to have the cattle in our forwards to cover injuries, that’s just the recruitment problem, which is why Jackson is playing injured
The cattles coming for jacko and all of us lets pray

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's not a middle in today's game, locks these days are either pseudo props like Carrigan, Finucane, Ese'ese, Twal, Horsbraugh, Brown etc or dynamic/skillful forwards like Taumalolo, Murray, Radley, Trbojevic, Arrow. Jackson is neither of those, he's never been a big yardage guy nor does he have the offensive skillset of something like Murray or Radley.

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
The biggest problem is that Tolman and Jackson are the exact type of no frills forward, and the good teams don't even have 1 of those. Plus these 2 guys take up so much of our cap

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's not a middle in today's game, locks these days are either pseudo props like Carrigan, Finucane, Ese'ese, Twal, Horsbraugh, Brown etc or dynamic/skillful forwards like Taumalolo, Murray, Radley, Trbojevic, Arrow. Jackson is neither of those, he's never been a big yardage guy nor does he have the offensive skillset of something like Murray or Radley.
I agree he's not any of those players, but we currently don't have anyone who fits this PD, unless Thompson can fire.

Every time Jackson has played in the middle he has been way better than on the edge. State of Origin was a great example.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Jackson as a club player, but dang, he has always been highly overrated.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always thought Jackson whilst good was never as elite as some people believed he was.
When we had a pack with guys like Graham, Klemmer, Pritchard, Kasiano, Eastwood, etc Jackson wasn't asked to lead the pack. I've always felt that Jackson could be just another cog in a good pack but he's never inspired me as someone who's a top 3 player in a good team.
Agree Jacko was never elite but he was excellent there for a couple of years. He had a couple of great SOO series in that period - NSW player of the series twice.

He’s now a shadow of that player. Should be concentrating on his own game for 50 mins at lock and giving the C to someone else. Problem is we’ve got no one else I’d want to give it to.