News Tigers show interest in injured Bulldog

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Wests Tigers become the latest club to show interest in injured Bulldogs lock forward Adam Elliott.

While it remains to be seen if Marshall plays on beyond this season, the Tigers have made early inquiries about Elliott for 2021.

Elliott dislocated his shoulder in the final five minutes against Souths on Sunday night, and scans on Monday have indicated he will now likely need surgery.
There remains a good chance he has played his last game for the Bulldogs.

Elliott was hoping to avoid going under the knife and returning in six to eight weeks. He was also keen to give himself a shot at a NSW Origin bench spot, especially with Victor Radley's season-ending knee injury opening up an opportunity for a middle forward.
The Herald can reveal Elliott injured the same shoulder six weeks ago when he heard a 'pop' as he slipped on a mat during a wrestling session.
Yet the off-contract Elliott wanted to give his all to help the Dogs climb up the NRL ladder while also putting himself in the shop window with rival clubs.

Having watched Josh Jackson and Kieran Foran and former top Dog James Graham all defy pain only inspired Elliott to keep going.

Canberra have discussed Elliott internally and briefly flirted with the idea of trying to sign him before the August 3 transfer deadline because of the amount of injuries to their forwards.

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has long been a fan of Elliott who grew up on the south coast.

St George Illawarra have also been linked to Elliott with Tyson Frizell to depart for Newcastle and the uncertainty surrounding the future of Jack de Belin.
Elliott's preference is so stay in Sydney where he has settled down with partner Robyn and their newborn son, Lennex.

Maguire loves players who are tough and are not afraid of hard work and Elliott falls into that category.

-----------—-------------------
It's from smh I cut some of the article out as it was about Marshall not playing for wt so I left that part out

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can see a big problem coming. The constant decline in everything associated with the club is going not only cause problems recruiting players but cause problems retaining our better players.

How long are these guys willing to be cellar dwellers with fuck all development in their games.

We will be left with the scraps from other clubs and only able to keep the scraps from our own club.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see a big problem coming. The constant decline in everything associated with the club is going not only cause problems recruiting players but cause problems retaining our better players.

How long are these guys willing to be cellar dwellers with fuck all development in their games.

We will be left with the scraps from other clubs and only able to keep the scraps from our own club.
But we have an ace up our sleeves

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott's manager leaking stories.
Elliott is looking for 3 years @ $600k a season.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was always good to Happen.. the stories I mean.!! And if truth, then that was always going to happen also..!!

May as well cover both bases.!!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Tigers want Elliot and Foran. Considering the Tigers have been good to us in the past when they purchased the 2 duds in Reynolds and Mybe, I think we should throw them a freebie. Buy 2 get 1 free deal - Buy Foran and Elliot and get Lewis for free.
OMG, any chance they want Pay too.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$600K a season or $600K for a total of 3yrs being $200k for each year more like it!! ... and a NSW bench spot, does he mean for NSW Cup? HAHA must be April fools day again!!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
$600K a season or $600K for a total of 3yrs being $200k for each year more like it!! ... and a NSW bench spot, does he mean for NSW Cup? HAHA must be April fools day again!!!
Elliot I am sure he injured his shoulders but seems more like a concussion cause this dude is dreamin if he thinks he will earn this money!!!

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is not asking anywhere near that, his manager may use that as a starting price,which I think is highly unlikely but only wanted 450k.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Re-sign him Pay.... what are you waiting for?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is not asking anywhere near that, his manager may use that as a starting price,which I think is highly unlikely but only wanted 450k.
400-450k is a fair price. Be good for our cap position if we could get him for 350k.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And Canberra were thinking of getting him before August 3 too to bolster their stocks for this year lol. Just like that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
450 is where it's at for Elliott imo.