News Board unrest

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The scary thing is so you want these guys in charge of the money we have to spend on players? I don’t they give me zero confidence in their ability. You gotta ask yourself, would you have these guys running your business? Would you have them in charge of your multi million dollar business? I certainly wouldn’t hire any of them.
I would of done things differently, e.g. been aggressive since last November and not penny pinched. We're stuck with them until 2022 if they F up recruitment they're gone and everyone that was left supporting them turns. I know it's too late at that point. Silver lining I guess is there's no way we can be worse in 2021 after adding 3m worth of talent (we have to spend 95% of our salary cap, so players will be brought in), it's just going to depend if we can recruit well enough to be a top eight team.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would of done things differently, e.g. been aggressive since last November and not penny pinched. We're stuck with them until 2022 if they F up recruitment they're gone and everyone that was left supporting them turns. I know it's too late at that point. Silver lining I guess is there's no way we can be worse in 2021 after adding 3m worth of talent (we have to spend 95% of our salary cap, so players will be brought in), it's just going to depend if we can recruit well enough to be a top eight team.
I think this is beyond just the recruiting. The whole club seems to be failing in all key areas. I truly believe this experiment has run its course. We need a change, it’s pretty obvious if we keep supporting the current board ceo and coach we are doomed for the long term.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knew we were F'd before the season started. By the looks of it there will be no overachieving this year and we're going to go as expected. The board really need to re-sign Pay or sign a top coach now for 2021 and start announcing some top player signings for 2021. That's the only way to stop some sort of revolt.
You are such a dickhead! No decent player is going to sign with us before they sack Pay and announce a decent coach!

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
So many people have used our club for personal gain and as a stepping stone. Rae Rae, Greenburg and now the Andersons. No one really cares about this club other than the fans. We will be supporters till the day we die. I am sick of all this shit. I don't care who is in charge. Get us in a position where we can be proud of the club again and winning way more than we lose. And get us a coach who can attract players that i want to watch play every week.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blow torch the bitch, dragging her heals while our cub goes down the f#cking tubes!!!

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
She's a stubborn old c*** no way in the world will she stand down... She will drag this club down to its lowest ever point before that's happens.
Mate if we don’t bleed we can’t get back up if it means dragging her old smelly back end out of the club so be it.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So many people have used our club for personal gain and as a stepping stone. Rae Rae, Greenburg and now the Andersons. No one really cares about this club other than the fans. We will be supporters till the day we die. I am sick of all this shit. I don't care who is in charge. Get us in a position where we can be proud of the club again and winning way more than we lose. And get us a coach who can attract players that i want to watch play every week.
If it makes you feel better I don’t think Hill, Price or the current board members including the Andersons will be able to step up in a better role elsewhere from this. They have not only damaged our club they have ruined their reputations I believe in the business world. Hill definitely will be unemployable following his legacy at our club.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree, in recent years not only Players and Coaches, but also some officials have only come to our club to milk it for all its worth.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are such a dickhead! No decent player is going to sign with us before they sack Pay and announce a decent coach!
No decent players signing is a money issue. Everyone has a price. If not knowing who the coach is is actually an issue (we signed Thompson under these conditions, personally I don't think it's a big deal) than a decision needs to be made now which is either 1: re-sign Pay or 2: a top coach (which isn't available). The only reason why Pay hasn't been re-signed yet is because the board is trying everything they can first to get a top coach (isn't one available). All I have to say next is Knights and Nathan Brown.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s shocking news about the leagues club, so not only is our whole team, football department, admin, sponsorship and recruitment shocking so is our management of the leagues club.
Take it easy mate! It’s written in a way to shock the non accountant.

In a financial balance sheet there are heaps of liabilities and debts. That doesn’t mean shit unless you look at the whole balance sheet. It’s all about the net asset position. You can have 1 billion dollars in debt but you could also have 10 billion in assets which leaves you with net assets of 9 billion for example! Liabilities are used to fund investments in assets. Don’t read into it that much.

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Take it easy mate! It’s written in a way to shock the non accountant.

In a financial balance sheet there are heaps of liabilities and debts. That doesn’t mean shit unless you look at the whole balance sheet. It’s all about the net asset position. You can have 1 billion dollars in debt but you could also have 10 billion in assets which leaves you with net assets of 9 billion for example! Liabilities are used to fund investments in assets. Don’t read into it that much.
Fair enough. Even if we eliminate that aspect, there’s more than enough that’s going wrong to demand a change.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm glad the pressure is mounting on them. They did this to themselves. They're out of excuses now and are running out of time and chances.

Lynne keeps asking for more time for a rebuild but that's what the last three years of suffering were meant to be for. 2021 is fast approaching and they still haven't made a dent in the transfer market.

I fear that the cap space will be wasted in a desperate attempt by them to save their own asses and once again just like Dib did. Hopefully it doesn't come to that because it would be a disaster if that happens.

Last edited:

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Leagues Club is $45 million in debt but the Boozehound fails to mention that it was used to fund the renovations and was always planned to be paid off in $10 million instalments for the next 5 years. The way he wrote it leaves it open to a lot of interpretation.
Classic Rothfield journalism! Covid-19 has hit the clubs industry hard. It’s obvious the powers that be in the leagues club will be obviously changing business plans over the next 2 years.
‘Buzz what’s the sharks going to do now that they have no more land to sell to bail themselves out?’

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it me, Or does Andrew Hill have the look of someone who just found out that his cat got run over By the look he has in the picture of the article?

Changes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm glad the pressure is mounting on them. They did this to themselves. They're out of excuses now and are running out of time and chances.

Lynne keeps asking for more time for a rebuild but that's what the last three years of suffering were meant to be for. 2021 is fast approaching and they still haven't made a dent in the transfer market.

I fear that the cap space will be wasted in a desperate attempt by them to save their own asses and once again just like Dib. Hopefully it doesn't come to that because it will be a disaster if that happens.
I’m just worried the current board will only get rid of Lynne to save their own arses. It’s not only Lynne, Dunn Balesty and co must be punted also. Imagine if they replaced Lynne with Dunn? or Hill with Price. That’s a reoccurring nightmare in itself.