Jackson

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last season I suggested Jackson was on his last legs and shouldn't be re-signed. Most people scoffed at the suggestion and got defensive as he's a stalwart of the club.

Well this season he's been worse and they re-signed him for another three years on decent money.

He's not been leading by example with his performance... He lacks any skill... He makes no impact in attack or defence and he isn't vocal as a captain to his teammates or the refs...

This is the definition of bad cap management and signing someone based on emotion and loyalty rather than logic and foresight. Good luck trying to move him on that deal!

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like how we have a fundamental issue with the team and we target the one guy busting his arse.

Jackson has never lost us a game before. He's the only true Bulldog we have left in this shit scrap of a squad.

Typical of us. Blaming our older guys instead of the bigger issues. We kicked off with Ennis, Graham, Reynolds and the Morris boys... and look where we are today.

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First of all nobody knows his price, stop making up numbers.

Second of all I may be in the minority but I thought he played decent today, his play the ball speed is underrated

I agree he hasn’t been at his best this season but he was trying today and is the least of our worries.

Britt and Napa have been terrible and don’t get me started on the backs. That’s for another time

Reactions: DT

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like how we have a fundamental issue with the team and we target the one guy busting his arse.

Jackson has never lost us a game before. He's the only true Bulldog we have left in this shit scrap of a squad.

Typical of us. Blaming our older guys instead of the bigger issues. We kicked off with Ennis, Graham, Reynolds and the Morris boys... and look where we are today.
100% bro people don’t realise this

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I heard he has a back injury but wont rest it for the team.

Must admit he isnt playing as well as we've seen in the past.

There's plenty of players worse than him atm.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First of all nobody knows his price, stop making up numbers.

Second of all I may be in the minority but I thought he played decent today, his play the ball speed is underrated

I agree he hasn’t been at his best this season but he was trying today and is the least of our worries.

Britt and Napa have been terrible and don’t get me started on the backs. That’s for another time
I don't know his price but there's no way it's less than 500k. He's not providing value for money whatever the case.

And he's not providing the leadership you'd want from a captain.

My problem is Jackson is as one dimensional as it comes and kills momentum in attack constantly.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He does his job an has a go, not the best but other players are worse... !!

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson and Tolman, without being brilliant have been consistently solid...again! Completely agree, that getting rid of these types who give their all week in and week out (eg. Ennis, Finucane, Graham) has not worked for us. They must be remain. I’m sick of seeing these types of players wearing other team shirts. Both should be there in 2021 for mine.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

When was the last time he did anything in attack to help us win a game? Five seasons ago? We need more than these safety first players that offer nothing with the ball.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson has always been insanely overrated by our fans and the recent contract the board offered him was an absolute joke.

He is supposedly playing injured and really if true he should just pack it away and get ready for the next season. Right now he is a liability and looks to be one of the worst captain's we've ever had.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last season I suggested Jackson was on his last legs and shouldn't be re-signed. Most people scoffed at the suggestion and got defensive as he's a stalwart of the club.

Well this season he's been worse and they re-signed him for another three years on decent money.

He's not been leading by example with his performance... He lacks any skill... He makes no impact in attack or defence and he isn't vocal as a captain to his teammates or the refs...

This is the definition of bad cap management and signing someone based on emotion and loyalty rather than logic and foresight. Good luck trying to move him on that deal!
Try 18 months ago and I’m with u 100%

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is not the worst player in the team but he just doesn't pose a threat on the edge. He's Nathan Hindmarsh all over again in the back end of his career....works hard and you never question his effort but is he worth keeping over a young dynamic second rower?

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know his price but there's no way it's less than 500k. He's not providing value for money whatever the case.

And he's not providing the leadership you'd want from a captain.

My problem is Jackson is as one dimensional as it comes and kills momentum in attack constantly.
That’s fair but he has also got the long service discount of a 100k, but he is definitely not the biggest problem and wasn’t bad today

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is just burnt out. No more kms in his motor. Even toleman has more impact.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He was always a hard runner of the football and nothing else. He doesn’t do much of that anymore and has failed to evolve.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s fair but he has also got the long service discount of a 100k, but he is definitely not the biggest problem and wasn’t bad today
Yeah true. I just don't see him as an 80 minute player anymore. And we need a new captain. He never wanted the role and it doesn't suit him.

It's the three years they gave him that is a worry. Two years would have been better.

I don't agree with moving him to lock as Thompson might end up playing there and would offer a lot more in attack.

Ideally Jackson would play 45 minutes in the middle off the bench.

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jackson has always been insanely overrated by our fans and the recent contract the board offered him was an absolute joke.

He is supposedly playing injured and really if true he should just pack it away and get ready for the next season. Right now he is a liability and looks to be one of the worst captain's we've ever had.
No he doesn’t look like the worst captain ever, don’t insult him like that, him and Tolman are the only ones who remained loyal while the other fucktards jumped ship.

Just a general question if Jackson was out who would your second row and lock and bench be, especially considering Elliot may be out?

We don’t seem to have the cattle in our forwards to cover injuries, that’s just the recruitment problem, which is why Jackson is playing injured

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
the Warriors need a hard nosed Aussie in there pack.. and we need a couple of young forwards in exchange

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is an honest workhorse who compliments a talented team his game is not going to go any new level, not sure he is a leader more a good team player I would punt him as captain if we had a better option