Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gotta love this period. We’re currently World , European and English Club champions, whilst others are needing extra time to knock out the last placed relegated team of premier league to progress in F.A ( FUCK ALL )cup . :laughing:

30 year without a league title , yet next year if we lift it again we become undoubtedly the most successful English club . No wonder some are butt hurt and worried about the near future . The dysnasty has arrived. This decade will belong to LFC .

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
To be fair the premier league is the hardest domestic comp to win in Europe. The other top leagues are dominated by 2-3 teams. Barcelona only have to beat one team to win a title generally
Legitimately I can say they could have done it too, if they don't have no legitimate opponents like Barcelona does :tearsofjoy:
Hahaha, you’re comparing the two comps. Barcelona only have to beat one team every year. Good try but
Ok well I seeing as enough people asked, I'll answer...

1. Everyone says Barcelona only have to compete against Real Madrid, and that's because they are the two richest clubs in Spain, however they do not control the media exposure that they're given
  2. The majority of people who do not follow the La Liga do not know that there are plenty of other very competitive teams in the competition that often trouble Barca and Real, namely, Atlético Madrid, Sevilla, Getafe, Valencia, and even Osasuna. There have even been more times than we can count, that both teams have lost to nuffy teams well below them on the ladder which often has an impact on where they will finish on the ladder
  3. Liverpool have a total of 13 English players in their top tiers teams and also those out on loan, whereas Barcelona have 22 players in their tops tier teams as well as those out on loan who actually are Spanish, signalling that they develop more local talent and don't simply sign players like those teams in the EPL.
  4. Yes, Liverpool have won more UEFA Champions League titles than Barcelona, however Liverpool have won 6 in 43 years (until present), whereas Barcelona have won 5 in 28 years (until present)
  5. If we add the UEFA Cup titles to that UCL, Barcelona have 4, to Liverpool, 0

2. Who gives a fuck what titles they have as they don't compete against Liverpool to win those titles.
Dude, that is such a ridiculous comment, that I can't believe that you even made it. Are you suggesting that if Liverpool and Barcelona played in the same competition that Liverpool would have more titles than Barca?

Overall, I'm glad that Liverpool have won, at least the same teams aren't winning it every year and they can stick it to them.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ok well I seeing as enough people asked, I'll answer...

1. Everyone says Barcelona only have to compete against Real Madrid, and that's because they are the two richest clubs in Spain, however they do not control the media exposure that they're given
  2. The majority of people who do not follow the La Liga do not know that there are plenty of other very competitive teams in the competition that often trouble Barca and Real, namely, Atlético Madrid, Sevilla, Getafe, Valencia, and even Osasuna. There have even been more times than we can count, that both teams have lost to nuffy teams well below them on the ladder which often has an impact on where they will finish on the ladder
  3. Liverpool have a total of 13 English players in their top tiers teams and also those out on loan, whereas Barcelona have 22 players in their tops tier teams as well as those out on loan who actually are Spanish, signalling that they develop more local talent and don't simply sign players like those teams in the EPL.
  4. Yes, Liverpool have won more UEFA Champions League titles than Barcelona, however Liverpool have won 6 in 43 years (until present), whereas Barcelona have won 5 in 28 years (until present)
  5. If we add the UEFA Cup titles to that UCL, Barcelona have 4, to Liverpool, 0

Dude, that is such a ridiculous comment, that I can't believe that you even made it. Are you suggesting that if Liverpool and Barcelona played in the same competition that Liverpool would have more titles than Barca?

Overall, I'm glad that Liverpool have won, at least the same teams aren't winning it every year and they can stick it to them.
Liverpool and Barcelona do play in the same competition. It's called the UCL and Liverpool have won it 6 times and Barcelona 5. That's your evidence. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand it. It's the one wehere Liverpool beat them 4-0 last year in or did you forget?

Also you're a fuckwit for even trying to bring us down from our high. Fuck you're pathetic.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Liverpool and Barcelona do play in the same competition. It's called the UCL and Liverpool have won it 6 times and Barcelona 5. That's your evidence. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand it. It's the one wehere Liverpool beat them 4-0 last year in or did you forget?

Also you're a fuckwit for even trying to bring us down from our high. Fuck you're pathetic.
  1. I'm talking about Domestic competition - I thought you would've known that - clearly, I was wrong
  2. Yes Liverpool have won it 6 times to Barca's 5, however if you look at the more recent history since both teams started winning it, Barcelona have a higher percentage
  3. Yes, Liverpool beat Barcelona 4 - 0 - thank you for telling the story of one half... it has 2 halves, you know the one where Barca beat Liverpool 3-0 in the first half? The final scoreline of the tie was 4-3
  4. I'm not trying to bring you down from your high. We both support an NRL team doing very poorly, so goodness knows supporting a team that achieves something like this is good - and you seem to have missed the last point I made, so I'll highlight it for you:
Overall, I'm glad that Liverpool have won
You have clearly indicated to me that you are incapable of discussing this without referring to petty insults, therefore I will not be discussing it with you anymore, nor will I read any reply you may make to this post.

Rychi

New Pup
Reaction score
Long time lurker on this forum but wanted to give a shout out to all my fellow Reds supporters. 30 year wait with a little pandemic delay on top for this glorious title. An astonishing EPL record covering the last two seasons to date (W58, D9, L2). Add in the UCL and the other titles has made for a hell of a ride. Klopp is simply the best. YNWA

A shame about the other sport love but hoping Thompson brings some sort of impact like Graham had in 2012. I actually hung up my 2004 playing cards on the wall last night so cheered me up concerning the Dogs. When I get one Liverpool EPL champions frame next up :grinning:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Piss poor performance more than likely attributed to winning title celebration hangover

OR

Juergen to players before game ... “ Go out there and play like the 2nd best team in Manchester”

Players ..... “ no problem Boss, we can do that”

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
  1. I'm talking about Domestic competition - I thought you would've known that - clearly, I was wrong
  2. Yes Liverpool have won it 6 times to Barca's 5, however if you look at the more recent history since both teams started winning it, Barcelona have a higher percentage
  3. Yes, Liverpool beat Barcelona 4 - 0 - thank you for telling the story of one half... it has 2 halves, you know the one where Barca beat Liverpool 3-0 in the first half? The final scoreline of the tie was 4-3
also Barcelona won most of their titles when it was harder to do so, Liverpool fans should be embarrassed by only winning 6 times and not bring it up ever

they won the tournament because they were able to beat shit teams sometimes, here is a sample of 2 of their wins to see what im talking about

1976/77: 1st Round vs Crusaders (Northern Ireland), Home 2-0, Away 5-0 (punished the side from Northern Ireland)
2nd Round vs Trabzonspur (Turkey), Away 0-1, Home 3-0 (blew away the Turkish side inside 10 minutes, so all you need to do to make QF is beat a Turkish team)
QF vs Saint Etienne (France), Away 0-1, Home 3-1 (need an 84th minute goal but ok they were 9 times French champions by this point)
SF vs Zurich (Switzerland), Away 3-1, Home 3-0 (beat a swiss team in the semi final)
Final vs Gladbach (Germany), Win 3-1 (yay, they won the tournament, level of difficulty 2/10)

1977/78: 1st Round vs Bye (Bye Bye Land) Home 0-0, Away 0-0, (Liverpool advance by forfeit because opposition didn't show up to play)
2nd Round vs Dresden (East Germany) Home 5-1, Away 1-2 (Liverpool beat East German team)
QF vs Benfica (Portugal) Away 2-1, Home 4-1 (Liverpool beat the non Eusebio version of Benfica)
SF vs Gladbach (Germany) Away 1-2, Home 3-0 (Liverpool defeat Gladbach again)
Final vs Club Brugge (Belgium) Win 1-0 (Dalglish wins the game against Belgium at Wembley, Level of difficulty 4/10)

so they won 2 of the titles because they managed to beat gladbach a couple of times basically, my theory is if anyone like aston villa or nottinham forrest were able to play in this version of the tournament then they could also do this

now here are some of their failures

1973/74: 1st Round vs Jeunesse Esch (Luxembourg) Away 1-1, Home 2-0 (beat a nothing team)
2nd Round vs Red Star Belgrade (Yugoslavia) Away 1-2, Home 1-2 (embarrassing to lose against a team that were only playing for an extra sandwich allocation)

1978/79: 1st Round vs Nottingham Forrest (England) Away 0-2, Home 0-0 (cant pass the first test, maybe they would prefer to play a team from Luxembourg again)

1979/80: 1st Round vs Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgia) Home 2-1, Away 0-3 (wtf, the great Liverpool 80's team got pumped in Georgia)

1981/82: 1st Round vs QPS (Finland) Away 1-0, Home 7-0 (beat QPS from finland)
2nd Round vs AZ (Netherlands) Away 2-2, Home 3-2 (needed 85th minute winner)
QF: vs CSKA Sofia (Bulgaria) Home 1-0, Away 0-2 (fucked up again against low opposition)

1982/83: 1st Round vs Dundalk (Ireland) Away 4-1, Home 1-0 (crushed the mighty Dundalk)
2nd Round vs HJK Helsinki (Finland) Away 0-1, Home 5-0 (at least they know how to always beat fin teams)
QF vs Widzew Lodz (Poland) Away 0-2, Home 3-2 (lolz they got beaten by Lodz, this is terrible stuff)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw Barcelona and Liverpool fans should be arguing about which team the referees favour more, both would have a great case

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Trent and Robbo tonight be like "what's a defender" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hmmmm is Thiago happening or??!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thiago looking more and more likely by the hour, would love him but £31m for a 29 year old doesn't seem like something we would do, not to mention his wages would be pretty decent unless he's willing to take a pay cut as he's reportedly keen to come join us. Maybe Gini is on the way out? Or maybe it's all bs..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thiago looking more and more likely by the hour, would love him but £31m for a 29 year old doesn't seem like something we would do, not to mention his wages would be pretty decent unless he's willing to take a pay cut as he's reportedly keen to come join us. Maybe Gini is on the way out? Or maybe it's all bs..
Surprised by this. Surely it isn't true. Lallana is off so maybe as a replacement for him? Strange. Really don't think we need this signings. Need another wide forward but who am I to argue with your team

Wahesh

Reaction score
btw Barcelona and Liverpool fans should be arguing about which team the referees favour more, both would have a great case
Most football referees I find are becoming frustratingly similar to the NRL refs. At least now the NRL has a captains challenge.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No thanks. I'd rather Curtis Jones get more game time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No thanks. I'd rather Curtis Jones get more game time.
Doubt he would impact Jones' minutes, Klopp looks to be tweaking things for next season and they'd both be utilised in different roles.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doubt he would impact Jones' minutes, Klopp looks to be tweaking things for next season and they'd both be utilised in different roles.
He would 100% impact Jones' minutes. In our midfield 3 we already have Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Ox, Milner & Jones. Jones would be pushed even further back in line. We don't need a 29 year old midfielder unless we're getting someone like KDB.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He would 100% impact Jones' minutes. In our midfield 3 we already have Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Ox, Milner & Jones. Jones would be pushed even further back in line. We don't need a 29 year old midfielder unless we're getting someone like KDB.
Thiago walks into our midfield 3. Anyway like I said I don't see this happening unless someone is going.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thiago walks into our midfield 3. Anyway like I said I don't see this happening unless someone is going.
So if he walks into our midfield 3 then that means less minutes for Curtis Jones... You made my point.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So if he walks into our midfield 3 then that means less minutes for Curtis Jones... You made my point.
Yes he walks in and like I said I don't see this happening unless someone leaves. It's a straight swap so the exact same opportunity is there for Curtis.