Bulldogs hang Pay out to dry

A

Alexander the Great

Stopped reading at ‘more inept than Castle’ :-).

Im sure you read it all but chose that line because he makes very valid points and is on the ball. No like you to back down from a friendly debate DinkumDog.

A

Alexander the Great

Fair Dinkum, you’re a card!
For the record, I’ve criticised the previous board just as vehemently :-
1) Dib signed the ridiculous and embarrassing deal with Classic Sportswear.
2) Dib made the PC appointment of Castle as CEO. Her position was that of a paper tiger.
3)Dib’s biggest error was not omitting the Football Department autonomy clause when renegotiating the last contract & the premature termination.
I call it as I see it, black or white; no shades of grey.

Under this administration the Football Club degenerated in every aspect.If you can honestly say that after serving a full term and 4 months into their second tenure, that the Board in general, the Chair, CEO have and are doing a good job then
1) on denial
2) one of “them”
Bingo. Fucking nailed it.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Andrew Hill has been the most absent CEO we've ever had. Hardly ever hear a word from, or about, him.
A wanker never seen him and the board a bunch of shit weak piss ***** .

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fair Dinkum, you’re a card!
For the record, I’ve criticised the previous board just as vehemently :-
1) Dib signed the ridiculous and embarrassing deal with Classic Sportswear.
2) Dib made the PC appointment of Castle as CEO. Her position was that of a paper tiger.
3)Dib’s biggest error was not omitting the Football Department autonomy clause when renegotiating the last contract & the premature termination.
I call it as I see it, black or white; no shades of grey.

Under this administration the Football Club degenerated in every aspect.If you can honestly say that after serving a full term and 4 months into their second tenure, that the Board in general, the Chair, CEO have and are doing a good job then

1) in denial
2) one of “them”
3) both 1 &2
Why thank you for calling me Ace! I must admit, I don't think I've heard the term since the 80's, but it's appreciated nonetheless :-).

Fantastic - so you criticised the previous board (as did everyone).
And you've pointed out 3 specific examples.

1) Classic - yeah it's far from our greatest kit but not a cardinal sin.
2) Castle - paper tiger is generous. Utterly unqualified and unsuitable is closer. She repeated her Bulldogs performance at RA and I'd be shocked if she ever works in sports administration again. PC? Maybe/not - ridiculous if so, it was 2013 after all.
3) Autonomy - We agree that this was colossal. You may recall the events of October 2016 - it should've happened then and decisively and not played out over the course of nearly a year until Hasler was fired - to which Dib also said 'would cost the club nothing' - how wrong he was.

So - Mr 'call it as I see it' - what specific charges do you have against the current admin apart from generic terms like 'degenerated'?

I have not said anything about a 'good job' being done. What I have said several times is that it remains a work in progress and this year / the second term in particular has been disrupted by a couple of key unforeseen and unwanted events, now made worse by growing factional warfare and unwanted media leaking.

So your closing assumptions are irrelevant.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure you read it all but chose that line because he makes very valid points and is on the ball. No like you to back down from a friendly debate DinkumDog.
Who said I was backing down just because I wasn't available last night?
Seriously, I didn’t read the rest of that post. When someone says anyone is worse than Castle there’s not a lot of credibility left...

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why thank you for calling me Ace! I must admit, I don't think I've heard the term since the 80's, but it's appreciated nonetheless :-).

Fantastic - so you criticised the previous board (as did everyone).
And you've pointed out 3 specific examples.

1) Classic - yeah it's far from our greatest kit but not a cardinal sin.
2) Castle - paper tiger is generous. Utterly unqualified and unsuitable is closer. She repeated her Bulldogs performance at RA and I'd be shocked if she ever works in sports administration again. PC? Maybe/not - ridiculous if so, it was 2013 after all.
3) Autonomy - We agree that this was colossal. You may recall the events of October 2016 - it should've happened then and decisively and not played out over the course of nearly a year until Hasler was fired - to which Dib also said 'would cost the club nothing' - how wrong he was.

So - Mr 'call it as I see it' - what specific charges do you have against the current admin apart from generic terms like 'degenerated'?

I have not said anything about a 'good job' being done. What I have said several times is that it remains a work in progress and this year / the second term in particular has been disrupted by a couple of key unforeseen and unwanted events, now made worse by growing factional warfare and unwanted media leaking.

So your closing assumptions are irrelevant.
It’s a sad reflection & lack of scope.If this administration were doing what it should:strong leadership,clear direction & a plan well executed,there would be no perceived “factional warfare” and unwanted media leaks.
What a copout “blaming key unforeseen & unwanted events” another glaring example of just how unskilled & unqualified they are at dealing with difficult & challenging circumstances.
Within there first term this administration should have identified problems, formulated solutions & executed a process for improvement.
Work in progress” please! Giving a coach a 12 mth extension in March ‘19 & potentially a further 12mth extension now
translates to “we have no long term goal and right now we have no other candidate or succession plan.”
As it stands we have a coach in limbo. No quality player will entertain the thought of signing with the Club in a holding pattern regardless of the $$$$ you offer.
Even the most ardent Reform supporters should be honest enough and admit their disappointment.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a sad reflection & lack of scope. If this administration were doing what it should:strong leadership,clear direction & a plan well executed,there would be no perceived “factional warfare” and unwanted media leaks.
What a copout “blaming key unforeseen & unwanted events” another glaring example of just how unskilled & unqualified they are at dealing with difficult & challenging circumstances.
Within there first term this administration should have identified problems, formulated solutions & executed a process for improvement.
Work in progress” please! Giving a coach a 12 mth extension in March ‘19 & potentially a further 12mth extension now
translates to “we have no long term goal and right now we have no other candidate or succession plan.”
As it stands we have a coach in limbo. No quality player will entertain the thought of signing with the Club in a holding pattern regardless of the $$$$ you offer.
Even the most ardent Reform supporters should be honest enough and admit their disappointment.
Ha ha, speaking of cop-outs, how many more generic terms can you throw around?
'Strong Leadership', 'Clear Direction' - do you write political party slogans in your spare time? :-)

Personally I think the 12 month extension was absolutely the right call at the time - timing into the end of this season and having money to spend on the squad for next season - so I do call that good management.
You have no idea about the plans for coaching ('potential further 12 month extension') nor which players would and wouldn't sign with the club because of the coach - it's 100% media speculation and nothing else.

Frankly, I think your ongoing rants contribute, dare I say it, SweetFA.
How about we leave it there and agree to disagree as I've said before. Maybe we'll chat again in 6 months time.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha ha, speaking of cop-outs, how many more generic terms can you throw around?
'Strong Leadership', 'Clear Direction' - do you write political party slogans in your spare time? :-)

Personally I think the 12 month extension was absolutely the right call at the time - timing into the end of this season and having money to spend on the squad for next season - so I do call that good management.
You have no idea about the plans for coaching ('potential further 12 month extension') nor which players would and wouldn't sign with the club because of the coach - it's 100% media speculation and nothing else.

Frankly, I think your ongoing rants contribute, dare I say it, SweetFA.
How about we leave it there and agree to disagree as I've said before. Maybe we'll chat again in 6 months time.
The problem is nobody within the administration has any idea on the coaching!!!! As you know, Like it or not players & their managers factor in the coach, roster, the organisation & the prospect of improving as well as success when making decisions; it’s not all about the money. Right now you know this is only one of many reasons the Club is struggling to land a quality signing.
Deny it all you like.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Considering how slow the process has been up until this point things would really have to move very quickly to get a decision before August 3.
So if Ok or CH or both are successful with their day in appeal court, will we have to pay them while they were de-registered?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has #Payout been #HungOut to dry yet??? Had the board started a clean out?.. oh wait, still no action, still the same old shit fest.!!!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is nobody within the administration has any idea on the coaching!!!! As you know, Like it or not players & their managers factor in the coach, roster, the organisation & the prospect of improving as well as success when making decisions; it’s not all about the money. Right now you know this is only one of many reasons the Club is struggling to land a quality signing.
Deny it all you like.
Steve Price is "in the Administration" and having been coached by Chris Anderson, Steve Folkes, Ivan Cleary, Michael Hagan, Wayne Bennett, Ricky Stuart and Tim Sheens I'd suggest he knows a lot about coaching.

There is no need to deny anything, just state the facts.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So if Ok or CH or both are successful with their day in appeal court, will we have to pay them while they were de-registered?
It's a real grey area. I could be wrong but the way I see it is if their appeal is successful they are free agents and can sign a new deal where ever they want.

Their Dogs contracts have been torn up so they would have to take the club to court for unfair dismissal to get reinstated or more likely a payment for damages.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What are they going to come out and say? That they support Pay and are working to get things fixed? Unless there’s actually something to say they will just say the same old stuff anyway.
We need Nasheed as our positive CEO.