News Wakeham’s bold call

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Fact- we win more with Lewis
Piggy here...fact if we win when Lewis is in the team its not because of Lewis......stop spinning your bullshit...

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am a supporter of Lewis but you would need to be his mother to think he has more attacking skills than ? Wakeham Although I am not sold on Wakeham as yet. I see a lot of flare which Lewis doesn't have but very little actual results. Happy for him to get more game time. I just don't like all the hate Lewis has received much is not deserved. As we are seeing with Wakeham the forwards are not making it easy for him.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, want to see what he has when/if our forwards can find some momentum

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
IMO, the only 2 guns we have in the halves are Avo and BBO. I think Avo has shown enough to prove he has what it takes. BBO has speed and footwork and just looks the goods.
From what I've seen of him, Wakeham is a potential gun. He does have wraps on him from Fittler so the kid obviously has something but so far in first grade he hasn't produced yet but in this team it's hard to tell when he's constantly getting the ball at 2nd and 3rd receiver. FMD, Pay promised to overhaul our attack and yet 3 years later we're still playing fucking Desballl. That's one of the many reasons Pay has to go
This is the whole point of giving Wahemam game time now. If he doesn't impress in the next 8-10 games, go hard for Burton
We should be going hard for Burton no matter what. I'd prefer to just let Foran go, he has done his time here. Burton and Wakeham could be a great halves pairing.

THen hopefully we find a hooker.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be going hard for Burton no matter what. I'd prefer to just let Foran go, he has done his time here. Burton and Wakeham could be a great halves pairing.

THen hopefully we find a hooker.
Definitely. That's why I like the idea of hiring Barrett as an assistant. He improved DCE's game and now Clearly so he could do the same for Burton. Also may help attract Crichton over too (the good one)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury rookie halfback Brandon Wakeham has boldly declared he doesn’t like any rival NRL team and he won’t be bullied, starting with Sunday’s blockbuster match-up against South Sydney veterans Adam Reynolds and Cody Walker.

Wakeham has only played seven NRL games compared with Reynolds and Walker’s combined total of 291 matches, but the Chester Hill junior isn’t daunted.

Instead, he has vowed to go punch for punch with his more experienced Rabbitohs rivals.

“Personally, I’ll have a rivalry with any team – I don’t like any team,” Wakeham said.

“I never want to take a backwards step because that means that I’ve already lost the game if I do that.

“I haven’t played against them (Walker and Reynolds), but I’ve seen plenty of their footy and I love the way they play.

“It will be a really good opportunity to test myself against those two.

“They have both played Origin, so it is going to be a challenging task for me to get one over them, but I’m looking forward to it.

“If I can just bring that energy and talk, hopefully I can inspire the team.”

Wakeham hasn’t won since returning to the Canterbury side in the past two weeks, but he has shown strong signs through his effort and talk.

He is particularly impressive when he runs the ball, although he is a hard maker on his form.

“In the last couple of weeks, I probably haven’t been doing the best, so I’m looking forward to getting another opportunity this week,” he said.

“Hopefully, I can do better for the team.”

Wakeham revealed his halves partner Kieran Foran has played a vital role in instilling confidence.

Foran has won a premiership at Manly and played on the Test stage for New Zealand, so when he speaks any young playmaker should listen.

“Kieran has told the whole team that if you see an opportunity, don’t be scared to take it,” Wakeham said.

“He said that even if it doesn’t come off, the guys will still be there to back each other.

“I watch him at training and how he gets around the boys and the kind of talk that he brings to the team in training and the games.”

Bulldogs prop Aiden Tolman has faith in Wakeham to steer the side around the park despite his inexperience.

“He is only a young guy coming into the squad, and he has got to know that he has our full support,” Tolman said.

“He has just got to play the way that he needs to. He is in the side for a reason and he deserves his spot, so he has got to make sure that he plays with plenty of enthusiasm and demand from us forwards what he wants.”

Meanwhile, Tolman wouldn’t be surprised if British recruit Luke Thompson make his NRL debut for the club against Souths after he trained strongly on Wednesday.

“I think he (Luke) wants to play this weekend and most of the squad want him to,” Tolman said.

“I guess it depends on what our high-performance guys come up with and if he is ready.

“But if he feels like he is physically ready to play, then I’m sure he will get the chance to play this weekend.”
High performance team? Wait, what???

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a great attitude, I’m happy for him to be given chance to prove his ability.

Just hope he can get his twin brother Kikau over to the dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no problem giving Wakeham the rest of the season at halfback and then making a call.

I think he will find his feet with more football but if he doesn't at least we know none of the halves we currently have are going to cut it.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Canterbury rookie halfback Brandon Wakeham has boldly declared he doesn’t like any rival NRL team and he won’t be bullied, starting with Sunday’s blockbuster match-up against South Sydney veterans Adam Reynolds and Cody Walker.

Wakeham has only played seven NRL games compared with Reynolds and Walker’s combined total of 291 matches, but the Chester Hill junior isn’t daunted.

Instead, he has vowed to go punch for punch with his more experienced Rabbitohs rivals.

“Personally, I’ll have a rivalry with any team – I don’t like any team,” Wakeham said.

“I never want to take a backwards step because that means that I’ve already lost the game if I do that.

“I haven’t played against them (Walker and Reynolds), but I’ve seen plenty of their footy and I love the way they play.

“It will be a really good opportunity to test myself against those two.

“They have both played Origin, so it is going to be a challenging task for me to get one over them, but I’m looking forward to it.

“If I can just bring that energy and talk, hopefully I can inspire the team.”

Wakeham hasn’t won since returning to the Canterbury side in the past two weeks, but he has shown strong signs through his effort and talk.

He is particularly impressive when he runs the ball, although he is a hard maker on his form.

“In the last couple of weeks, I probably haven’t been doing the best, so I’m looking forward to getting another opportunity this week,” he said.

“Hopefully, I can do better for the team.”

Wakeham revealed his halves partner Kieran Foran has played a vital role in instilling confidence.

Foran has won a premiership at Manly and played on the Test stage for New Zealand, so when he speaks any young playmaker should listen.

“Kieran has told the whole team that if you see an opportunity, don’t be scared to take it,” Wakeham said.

“He said that even if it doesn’t come off, the guys will still be there to back each other.

“I watch him at training and how he gets around the boys and the kind of talk that he brings to the team in training and the games.”

Bulldogs prop Aiden Tolman has faith in Wakeham to steer the side around the park despite his inexperience.

“He is only a young guy coming into the squad, and he has got to know that he has our full support,” Tolman said.

“He has just got to play the way that he needs to. He is in the side for a reason and he deserves his spot, so he has got to make sure that he plays with plenty of enthusiasm and demand from us forwards what he wants.”

Meanwhile, Tolman wouldn’t be surprised if British recruit Luke Thompson make his NRL debut for the club against Souths after he trained strongly on Wednesday.

“I think he (Luke) wants to play this weekend and most of the squad want him to,” Tolman said.

“I guess it depends on what our high-performance guys come up with and if he is ready.

“But if he feels like he is physically ready to play, then I’m sure he will get the chance to play this weekend.”
I have always believed "You walk the walk then You talk the talk" !!!
But...For fans of Prince Lewis I will tell you this...
You are not supporting Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs !
You are supporting individuals that suits your way of thinking and beliefs !
Lewis was given ample of time, more than should've been given to prove himself !
Wakeham a local junior, he deserves at least a portion of that time to settle in and prove himself !!!
Do we agree ???

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lets hope Wakeham gets to play some footy this weekend and not be so structure by pay's game plan.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on him for being confident and not letting last week get the better of him.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd prefer the young fella gets some runs on the board before gobbing off. I hope he backs it up and not like Napa last week did.
Made me realise ive never seen a player have a big game after talking like this in the media. Its always a let down.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s a bit harsh to put the blame on any player when you lose by 30. People blaming Wakeman are acting like we win if Lewis plays :p

Kid deserves atleast the rest of the year to develop. Let’s not forget Thurston left us after 30 or so games and he wasn’t a consistent mainstay in the first grade squad. For the smaller players it’s as much about experience as ability. And I may be alone but I’m comfortable in losing with wakeman for the short term to see if he is worth persisting with.
Totally agree with you! For all those on here who are given Wakeman a hard time and expecting him to shine after only 7 NRL games, that’s just absurd! Pays has had over 2 years to prove himself and he still gets support from some on here... ummm I will say no more!

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I just want someone following the ball carrier through space, think the last time I saw it was JMK last year and he fell over his own feet

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Wakeham hype is built off beating some Lebanese tradies and PNG farmers