Bulldogs hang Pay out to dry

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it speculation? there clearly is an appeal as it has been lodged.
The article is talking about how a bunch of clubs will be keen to snap him up, and we don't even have an appeal date let alone having a clue how it will go.

If not "speculation", how about "hypothetical"? :grinning:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN is all speculation really. Do we even have a date for his appeal?
JO has already had his appeal hearing, on 23rd June, before the "NRL appeals committee chief and former High Court judge Ian Callinan" and "a result isn’t expected for weeks". I suspect CHN and his legal team are waiting for the result of JO appeal. If JO's is successful then CHN may not even have to appeal or, with the precedent set, it could be very quick.

Go Dogs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The article is talking about how a bunch of clubs will be keen to snap him up, and we don't even have an appeal date let alone having a clue how it will go.

If not "speculation", how about "hypothetical"? :grinning:
but us ut speculation or even hypothetical IF clubs have made contact with his management. He will win his appeal and that's a dead given. Okenbur on the other hand shouldn't waste his time lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
JO has already had his appeal hearing, on 23rd June, before the "NRL appeals committee chief and former High Court judge Ian Callinan" and "a result isn’t expected for weeks". I suspect CHN and his legal team are waiting for the result of JO appeal. If JO's is successful then CHN may not even have to appeal or with the precedent set it could be very quick.

Go Dogs
Considering how slow the process has been up until this point things would really have to move very quickly to get a decision before August 3.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Shows how much he can analyse , which is same for most of the journos. Poor quality journos in leagues.. and some people use the expectations of these people as gospel . * facepalm *
How is it a experience issue , it’s a quality issue .

look at first choice spine
DWZ/hoppa
Foran
Lewis/Wakeham ‘Cogger
Jmk

Only hooker and halfback you could say is inexperienced and that’s a stretch as it’s jmk third season in first grade

the “experience “ is equal to or greater than the following
Cowboys
Titans
Storm
Eels
Tigers
Penrith

If he was a quality journo he would talk about quality of spine , quality of tactics and quality of forwards. Why isn’t there any hole runners or support players etc to give the spine options
Wouldn’t say the storms spine is equal experienced as ours. Cam smith has more experience than our whole spine put together.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck man imagine him in the Parra system with that squad right now LOL ....
Yep it's crazy... I saw something about him hanging out with D.Brown so possible. But I think he just slots straight in for Bateman and we lose on both fronts. Just a weak club we are

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everything about our club is fucking soft now. What a fall from grace.

Should have kept Des. At least we'd be winning some games and not being pumped every week.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN wont return. He will sign a bigger $$$ contract with one of several clubs waiting on the outcome of his appeal
Might be hard to do that, i heard we had him on major top dollar for his experience

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say the storms spine is equal experienced as ours. Cam smith has more experience than our whole spine put together.
In total games yes, but 10 years experience to 17 years experience in scheme of things you would classfiy against those 2 numbers as highly experienced which I think Foran falls in that category .

Munster been around as long as DWZ/hoppa and papa hasn’t played a full season and Hughes not much more which I think is comparable to jmk and whatever half you want to use

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Paul Crawley is a total space cadet. I love how this narrative continues about Grub being offered to the Dogs for some bargain basement price and his huge Tigers deal just disappeared
Bang on. Beat me to it.
Don’t you love the ‘even for just this year’ when he’s signed at Concord until the end of 2021 - and like the Tigers would let him go for this year and take him back next.

Not hard to read between the lines on this one - another Terrorgraph special.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Andrew Hill has been the most absent CEO we've ever had. Hardly ever hear a word from, or about, him.
Really? I’ve seen him in the press enough to know he’s around and not too much where it’s not relevant. How many other club CEO’s pop up regularly? Not many that I can name.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
CHN is all speculation really. Do we even have a date for his appeal?
Not even speculation its only people like myself on here saying we should nab him guaranteed our brains trust will be doing nothing

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the nrls chief gender advisor said they've done nothing illegal but the nrl still deregisters them

Now compare that to the burgess brothers dick pic

Fuck you nrl
The NRL deregistered them and the article is having a go at the club. Yet they seem proud others in league didn’t view it as bad. It’s a fucking joke

One in all in the NRL should be not double standards all the time.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep it's crazy... I saw something about him hanging out with D.Brown so possible. But I think he just slots straight in for Bateman and we lose on both fronts. Just a weak club we are
yeah bro, a few times now on his Instagram account he's been partying and hanging out with Brown so ... i can definitely see this happening

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Might be hard to do that, i heard we had him on major top dollar for his experience
NAH bro. I heard on tripleM and the league boys on there once upon a time talk about how it was around $400k to get him away from Penrith.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can’t understand this guys love fest with Pay, has he watched our team and players who have regressed under his watch, or how players recruited or retained in his time there have continually come up short. Pays not taking responsibility, he’s blaming the lack of quality and inexperience in the roster, something he’s now partly responsible for. How on earth anyone could make a case for Pay to be given an extension is beyond me.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing the article and NRL360 hosts all got right was that Lyn and Andrew have been nowhere to be seen and Pay is left to front the media, press conferences and the fans on his own like a lamb to the slaughter. It's spinless and shows no leadership from those who keep spruking "we are the family club". Look at the Broncos and Titans, their CEO's are always beside the coaches to take the heat and shoulder the burden and accept responsibility.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing the article and NRL360 hosts all got right was that Lyn and Andrew have been nowhere to be seen and Pay is left to front the media, press conferences and the fans on his own like a lamb to the slaughter. It's spinless and shows no leadership from those who keep spruking "we are the family club". Look at the Broncos and Titans, their CEO's are always beside the coaches to take the heat and shoulder the burden and accept responsibility.
Not necessarily.

I think they're playing the media right. If they were to front up with pay that would suggest there's a storm going on behind the scenes and the media won't let up

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering how slow the process has been up until this point things would really have to move very quickly to get a decision before August 3.
No sure that matters as it's not a "new contract" that requires registration. It is reinstating an existing contract that was erroneously deregistered. If the verdict goes their way of course.

Go Dogs