News Okunbor Appeal Date Set

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I notice you didn’t put yourself in the players’ shoes. It was poorly handled by Club management. Unfortunately we’ll never know the outcome of the incident review...would love to be a fly on the wall Thursday night!!!!!!
What makes you say it was poorly handled.
How did you come to that conclusion.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Axed Canterbury winger Jayden Okunbor finally gets his chance to appeal the NRL’s decision to deregister him, reports The Daily Telegraph.

Okunbor will have a closed hearing on Tuesday in front of NRL appeals committee chief and former High Court judge Ian Callinan to discuss his fate, although a result isn’t expected for weeks.

Okunbor’s former teammate Corey Harawira-Naera is still yet to have a date set for his appeal.

Both Okunbor and Harawira-Naera had their contracts terminated by the Bulldogs and were suspended indefinitely by the NRL for allegedly bringing back school girls to the teams hotel during pre-season that has resulted in these court cases.

Even without a return date set yet for Harawira-Naera’s return to action, he is a wanted man after it was reported that a host of clubs have lined up and enquired interest in his services

Zero Tackle
Who gives a fuckin shit , pedo prix

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I notice you didn’t put yourself in the players’ shoes. It was poorly handled by Club management. Unfortunately we’ll never know the outcome of the incident review...would love to be a fly on the wall Thursday night!!!!!!
Just trying to understand the relevance apart from it seems your want to take another pot shot at the administration.

The original question was could the players come back to the Bulldogs if the original NRL decision is overturned and they are re-registered, to which the answer is yes, it’s possible.

Why does anything else matter?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just trying to understand the relevance apart from it seems your want to take another pot shot at the administration.

The original question was could the players come back to the Bulldogs if the original NRL decision is overturned and they are re-registered, to which the answer is yes, it’s possible.

It matters, it’s another indicator of the ineptitude of this administration.
With reference to the Wisdom of Solomon:-perspective & justice.
Did they do the wrong thing? yes
Should they have been punished? Yes
Does the punishment fit the crime? Well no crime was committed. No law was broken. No criminal investigation pending nor charges laid.
Yes they breached the “Code of Conduct” (COC).The Club chose to terminate their contracts rather than hand down a financial penalty(fine) and a 4-6 match suspension (would have sufficed).This gave the NRL IU the no alternative but to put the boot in and de-register the pair. I’ll say it again if there was a breach of the COC, why haven’t questions been asked of Team Management- it’s they role & responsibility to ensure this didn’t happen. Whether you agree or not it’s yet another blight on this administration.
Yes,you’ll bring up it cost the Club the Rashay’s sponsorship. Didn’t the owner say “ it was disgusting, repulsive.....if the Club sacks them, I will stand by the Club...”a statement to that effect. Well Mr Ykmour is yet to put his money where his mouth is. The players are gone where’s the sponsorship ?
All I’m saying the punishment didn’t fit the crime- I meant misdemeanour well not even as no law was broken. They broke the rules of personal expectations & responsibilities. For that, the contract termination was excessive given the number of current contracted NRL that have been charged & convicted of crimes.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It matters, it’s another indicator of the ineptitude of this administration.
With reference to the Wisdom of Solomon:-perspective & justice.
Did they do the wrong thing? yes
Should they have been punished? Yes
Does the punishment fit the crime? Well no crime was committed. No law was broken. No criminal investigation pending nor charges laid.
Yes they breached the “Code of Conduct” (COC).The Club chose to terminate their contracts rather than hand down a financial penalty(fine) and a 4-6 match suspension (would have sufficed).This gave the NRL IU the no alternative but to put the boot in and de-register the pair. I’ll say it again if there was a breach of the COC, why haven’t questions been asked of Team Management- it’s they role & responsibility to ensure this didn’t happen. Whether you agree or not it’s yet another blight on this administration.
Yes,you’ll bring up it cost the Club the Rashay’s sponsorship. Didn’t the owner say “ it was disgusting, repulsive.....if the Club sacks them, I will stand by the Club...”a statement to that effect. Well Mr Ykmour is yet to put his money where his mouth is. The players are gone where’s the sponsorship ?
All I’m saying the punishment didn’t fit the crime- I meant misdemeanour well not even as no law was broken. They broke the rules of personal expectations & responsibilities. For that, the contract termination was excessive given the number of current contracted NRL that have been charged & convicted of crimes.
A couple of key things need correcting here.
The players were NOT terminated prior to de-registration. They were stood down pending the outcome of the investigation - conducted by the NRL, not the club.
On that basis - the NRL determined the sanction, not the club.
When the NRL de-registered them, then their contracts were terminated by the club because the club obviously cannot employ them without NRL registration.
That's also why the appeal process is directly with the NRL-IU and independent of the Bulldogs.
Yes I've heard many times 'no law broken', 'age of consent' etc. It's not that simple and there within is part of the information that will never be made public.
As for Rashay's - Ykmour said he would 'stand by the club' in terms of the decision - he never said 'if they sack them the sponsorship will proceed'.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It was on the news that hearing was today does anyone know anything.
It's expected that any outcome won't be known for some time yet irrespective of the hearing haven taken place on Tuesday.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want either of them playing for the Dogs. They knew not to do it, they did it anyway, and in so doing they spat all over their team mates and the club. 2020 wasn't looking like an easy season, it became a lot harder because of these two.

Other clubs are welcome to them. I feel for any future team mates who are trying to do the right thing, with either of these two on your team you'd have to have a nagging sense of doubt, you can work your guts out and they could do something stupid and selfish and render all your hard selfless work for the team pointless.
And Mitchell and Ado Carr?...breaking lockdown?...jeopardising ALL players right to earn income. Our guys did nothing that isn't normal behaviour at other Clubs. Wake up. The Dogs holier than thou attitude made a big thing of this. They broke no laws, there was no complaint, but the Family Club didn't like it so informed the NRL. THE MISMANAGEMENT of this issue is an abomination. Both players needed to be sanctioned and forced to attend relationship counselling classes, not had their contracts cancelled.
However, Mitchell and Ado Carr should of been fined $100k each and forced to sit out 10 weeks but alas if that happened the NRL would of been called racist. So instead nothing happened to Mitchell and Ado Carr.
I have no idea of Okkys defence. Id love to be a fly on the wall as he described what happened and why it was no big deal. Maybe he was helping the girl with her homework?If neither Okky or the girl say they had sex what right do the Dogs or NRL have to say they did?
Case dismissed!!!!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bring chn back I say. He still likes all the dogs posts on Instagram, hopefully he gets his ban lifted and comes back to us!

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of key things need correcting here.
The players were NOT terminated prior to de-registration. They were stood down pending the outcome of the investigation - conducted by the NRL, not the club.
On that basis - the NRL determined the sanction, not the club.
When the NRL de-registered them, then their contracts were terminated by the club because the club obviously cannot employ them without NRL registration.
That's also why the appeal process is directly with the NRL-IU and independent of the Bulldogs.
Yes I've heard many times 'no law broken', 'age of consent' etc. It's not that simple and there within is part of the information that will never be made public.
As for Rashay's - Ykmour said he would 'stand by the club' in terms of the decision - he never said 'if they sack them the sponsorship will proceed'.
The lengths you go to to defend this administration’s incompetence is breathtaking.
In reference the to NRL de- registering the players, you do realise that the determination/verdict was based on the Bulldogs investigations & report including recommendations the Club provided to the NRL IU.
As for Rashay’s Ymkour supporting the Club’s decision to sack the players? You’re kidding right, is he a Football Club member? In what capacity does his opinion hold any water? He used the incident to pull out of the sponsorship plain & simple. Given that the players has been sacked, if anyone within the administration had an ounce of commercial nous they would have used the opportunity to get Rashay’s over the line.

The only incident I can closely recall resembling this is Mitchell Pearce in 2016 Australia Day dog incident.He was fined $75k with a further $50k suspended for 2years. Can you see difference between the Roosters negotiating with the NRL & the Bulldogs negotiating with the NRL. Oh & yes Pearce was on an Roosters players & officials Australia Day celebrations cruise.Given he had a prior incident in 2014, the Australia Day incident led to a suspension and financial penalty not deregisteration.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The lengths you go to to defend this administration’s incompetence is breathtaking.
In reference the to NRL de- registering the players, you do realise that the determination/verdict was based on the Bulldogs investigations & report including recommendations the Club provided to the NRL IU.
As for Rashay’s Ymkour supporting the Club’s decision to sack the players? You’re kidding right, is he a Football Club member? In what capacity does his opinion hold any water? He used the incident to pull out of the sponsorship plain & simple. Given that the players has been sacked, if anyone within the administration had an ounce of commercial nous they would have used the opportunity to get Rashay’s over the line.

The only incident I can closely recall resembling this is Mitchell Pearce in 2016 Australia Day dog incident.He was fined $75k with a further $50k suspended for 2years. Can you see difference between the Roosters negotiating with the NRL & the Bulldogs negotiating with the NRL. Oh & yes Pearce was on an Roosters players & officials Australia Day celebrations cruise.Given he had a prior incident in 2014, the Australia Day incident led to a suspension and financial penalty not deregisteration.
That’ll do me SFA. Nowhere in my post did I ‘defend’ anyone. What I did was correct your errors in how it played out. So instead of me ‘defending’ what it’s really about is your disgruntlement and looking for any reason to ‘attack’. I’m happy to leave it there. Cheers.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’ll do me SFA. Nowhere in my post did I ‘defend’ anyone. What I did was correct your errors in how it played out. So instead of me ‘defending’ what it’s really about is your disgruntlement and looking for any reason to ‘attack’. I’m happy to leave it there. Cheers.
Nothing personal DD,
Yes I am disgruntled! I’m also very concerned at the lack of leadership & direction of this administration. I hope that at the very least a decision on the coaching position is made tomorrow evening.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing personal DD,
Yes I am disgruntled! I’m also very concerned at the lack of leadership & direction of this administration. I hope that at the very least a decision on the coaching position is made tomorrow evening.
I know it’s not personal and I don’t take it that way. For me it’s only that for some because there’s no running commentary on the various activities the assumption is incompetence around everything and I don’t think that’s the case, nor do I think everything is perfect. Mistakes are made, there is still work is to be done. We’ll see what emerges by the end of this week.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree there.

I stated I did not agree with what the players did. My suggestion in replying to you was to find a better way to deal with these issues so that the club was not disadvantaged and another club gain by our misfortune...and point out all the different anomolies with player misdemeanours as seen on that list I linked. All good with your view. Thanks.
So Anderson admits their decision was an emotional one and not rational.

They are the kinds of rational decisions required, where we take the heat out of the moment and say ‘should we be further ahead of where we are now?’ Yes, because we shouldn’t have shot ourselves in the foot with Port Macquarie [an incident that led to the sacking of Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera].

"They are the things we need to be stepping back [to consider] a rational decision rather than an emotional one."

A

Alexander the Great

CHN wont return. Alot of polly players also

He has to back them. He is in bed with them.
See what he has to say when shit really hits the roof in the next few weeks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So Anderson admits their decision was an emotional one and not rational.

They are the kinds of rational decisions required, where we take the heat out of the moment and say ‘should we be further ahead of where we are now?’ Yes, because we shouldn’t have shot ourselves in the foot with Port Macquarie [an incident that led to the sacking of Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera].

"They are the things we need to be stepping back [to consider] a rational decision rather than an emotional one."
I didn't interpret her response in that way but yes you have a point.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CONTRACT CAPERS: AXED STAR IN DEMAND

Take it as read several NRL clubs are waiting anxiously to see if dumped Canterbury Bulldogs backrower Corey Harawira-Naera is allowed to return this year.​
Harawira-Naera had his contract deregistered along with former teammate Jayden Okunbor for off-field behaviour while on a pre-season trip to Port Macquarie.​
While the Bulldogs took a hard-line stance, others were not so disgusted with their alleged behaviour, including the NRL’s chief gender adviser Catharine Lumby.​
Lumby said at the time “they have done nothing criminal as far as we know”.​
Harawira-Naera’s appeal is set to be heard in the very near future.​
Clubs have until August 3 to register players. If Harawira-Naera is allowed to return expect the chase to be immediate and frantic.​

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
CONTRACT CAPERS: AXED STAR IN DEMAND

Take it as read several NRL clubs are waiting anxiously to see if dumped Canterbury Bulldogs backrower Corey Harawira-Naera is allowed to return this year.

Harawira-Naera had his contract deregistered along with former teammate Jayden Okunbor for off-field behaviour while on a pre-season trip to Port Macquarie.
While the Bulldogs took a hard-line stance, others were not so disgusted with their alleged behaviour, including the NRL’s chief gender adviser Catharine Lumby.
Lumby said at the time “they have done nothing criminal as far as we know”.
Harawira-Naera’s appeal is set to be heard in the very near future.
Clubs have until August 3 to register players. If Harawira-Naera is allowed to return expect the chase to be immediate and frantic.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/0673a23ce594a32a894b10c2999b3901
CHN will have no problem finding a new club. Apart from this poor judgment on his part in the recent incident he is a team player, well liked by the boys and a bloody threat in attack on the field. He’ll get snapped up in no time I’m hoping this is why we haven’t bowed down to Elliots request for huge $$ cause we may still be keen on CHN.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN will have no problem finding a new club. Apart from this poor judgment on his part in the recent incident he is a team player, well liked by the boys and a bloody threat in attack on the field. He’ll get snapped up in no time I’m hoping this is why we haven’t bowed down to Elliots request for huge $$ cause we may still be keen on CHN.
Not only will he get snapped up but I can assure you it will be for more money then he was on at the Bulldogs. He was a shining light in a poor team week in week out.