Foran

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For the short term (1-2 years), which experienced halve do you propose?

Looking at experienced off contract players this year, there is only;
Foran
Benji Marshall
Blake Green
Not sure, all terrible options. Club should've been onto this a year ago and always known they were letting Foz go at the end of the season. Hastings is the other option, supposedly very good in England...

Malla

Reaction score
People hammer Wakeham and Lewis etc but let's address the Elephant in the room.. Foran has been a passenger in most games he's played this year and is not playing like a star half or a million dollar player.

He's deffering to Wakeham and Lewis like he's the inexperienced half, not them... He doesn't cop the blame from the media or fanbase whereas lesser players do.

We're going to come bottom three this season regardless of whether we have Foran in the team or not.

He's not helping the team out and looks like he doesn't want to be there. The Tigers and several other teams would take him off our hands in a mid season move by paying a small portion of his deal.

Do you think they should move him on this season and try and get a player swap with another club or would you rather keep him til the end of the season?

Either way, surely he's proven beyond any doubt that he's not deserving of another deal next season. Even when he plays he doesn't have an impact on the game anymore.
Valid. All it shows us is his body is just not up to first grade standard anymore.

His effort in rehab and training is admirable, but you'll find after a few weeks his body just starts slowly breaking down before the next big injury.

Foran would be great to have playing alongside another good experienced half that can take complete control. Foran would actually be good for the Tigers next to Brooks, he just doesn't do it for us - unless we manage to sign someone like James Maloney (heard he is on the market) - otherwise having Foran here is a waste of space.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The more I see of Matt Burton the more impressed I am - I am of the view that a quality spine can be made up of only three players - the dummy half, one dominant half and the fb.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody wanting to re sign the duds we already have. Cmon people wake up, they all need to go. There reserve graders and foran is busted for life. Move on, go shopping.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is an injury waiting to happen, time to show him the door, the C*** has sponged of us for long enough!!!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I see of Matt Burton the more impressed I am - I am of the view that a quality spine can be made up of only three players - the dummy half, one dominant half and the fb.
Burton should be the number 1 priority but considering how the board are we don't have a chance of getting any marquee player.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valid. All it shows us is his body is just not up to first grade standard anymore.

His effort in rehab and training is admirable, but you'll find after a few weeks his body just starts slowly breaking down before the next big injury.

Foran would be great to have playing alongside another good experienced half that can take complete control. Foran would actually be good for the Tigers next to Brooks, he just doesn't do it for us - unless we manage to sign someone like James Maloney (heard he is on the market) - otherwise having Foran here is a waste of space.
I actually read a few weeks ago that the tigers were interested in Foran

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thompson is Tolman's replacement. Tolman will not be re-signed and he will retire unless he finds a gig in the English Super League.

In regards to Foran, there is a lot going on in the back office. We need an experienced halve and the back office is at war with each other over Foran and Reynolds. Half the mob wants Reynolds for 1 year only, while the other mob are against bringing Reynolds back and want Foran for an additional year.

All these "prospective coaches", there is truth to them, BUT they have extinguished the club on the spot. They do not want the job, if they dont have a competitive spine. The thing is, the cattle that is required just isn't there, and these coaches will not place there legacy and egos on the line.

The mob in the back office do not wish to extend Pay, but the problem is they cannot lure the coaches they want to the club. They are "waiting and hoping" that a "class" player falls out with their current clubs so they can try and pounce on them which could entice an experienced coach at the club. I personally cannot see this happening.

No cards are falling into place, and it could be very likely that the club will have no other choice than to extend Pay for another year
Yes that sounds the most likely scenario.

This problem with coaches could, and should, have been dealt with when they went over and signed Thompson.

If they were sharp operators they would have recognised that Holbrook was the best available option for this year and the foreseeable future.

Mismanagement, naivety, lack of urgency and lack of foresight and planning has us in this predicament.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's been a fucking pussy dodging responsibility the last 2 weeks ... We are shit with him and will be shit without him anyways so we may aswell cut our losses and move on.
If he is re-signed that will be a telling indictment on the boards ability to recruit.

We can predict that he will miss at least 50% of games and cause complete disruption to the spine in 2021. Not worth it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They're also not helping the team. And both won't be re-signed next season. So I don't see the value in keeping them when they have more value to another club that will compensate us with a player swap.
We cant get anyone else apparently so dont be surprised if they are extended with much hoopla and fanfare by Hilly.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
No joke Tigers are interested in Foran.. I was suprised to hear that from a current player manager today..
Take our past it players. Wouldn't mind grabbing Reynolds even for depth at the moment. I'm happy for Foran to go. He will teach our young guys this season, but fresh blood is required.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No joke Tigers are interested in Foran.. I was suprised to hear that from a current player manager today..
Then they should absolutely see what they can get in a player swap this season. We can't rely on Foran moving forward. Three seasons of missing dozens of games and being a passenger many times in others should give the club all the evidence they need to not extend him. He's not getting younger and his body is broken down so it should be an easy decision.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson is Tolman's replacement. Tolman will not be re-signed and he will retire unless he finds a gig in the English Super League.

In regards to Foran, there is a lot going on in the back office. We need an experienced halve and the back office is at war with each other over Foran and Reynolds. Half the mob wants Reynolds for 1 year only, while the other mob are against bringing Reynolds back and want Foran for an additional year.

All these "prospective coaches", there is truth to them, BUT they have extinguished the club on the spot. They do not want the job, if they dont have a competitive spine. The thing is, the cattle that is required just isn't there, and these coaches will not place there legacy and egos on the line.

The mob in the back office do not wish to extend Pay, but the problem is they cannot lure the coaches they want to the club. They are "waiting and hoping" that a "class" player falls out with their current clubs so they can try and pounce on them which could entice an experienced coach at the club. I personally cannot see this happening.

No cards are falling into place, and it could be very likely that the club will have no other choice than to extend Pay for another year
My god what a shit fest. I don't remember the previous mob being split before.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

This isn’t directed at you Dexter but just my opinion on the matters.

I’d keep Foran on for a small contract. If he doesn’t want to repay our faith in him and the fact we have paid his super then good riddance.
On Pay, if no one more suitable is available I’d either not re-sign him or sign him up for 2 years. For many players to sign with us they need to know who the coach will be for more than a year.
Worst case scenario we pay him out but something has to give and no coach can work with reserve graders.

I know people will bring up the “No one wants to play under Pay” but where is the truth to that? It’s just an opinion.
Look who Newcastle signed with a multiple winning spoon winning coach most famous for bitch slapping one of his players. Modern day footballers will chase the money

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

and this was the issue with their plan , instead of refreshing the squad over the past 2 and a bit years and building via players and coach , they put all their eggs in 2021 basket assuming they will magically be able to buy an entire squad and obtain coach of choice . This is not 2008 where they were able to buy 5 odd top line players for 2009, now the salary cap of 10m approx and many more clubs are able to remain in the market to obtain top line talent (for ffs roosters reportedly have $400k available for this year , don’t know how but do) and the club has been performing poorly for 3 years rather than once off 2008. Add to the mix, tigers , titans , dragons all have “war chests” and it will be a shit fight . I also see the issue of club able to obtain TPA’s considering no major sponsor held which will also disadvantage the club trying to get top players

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This isn’t directed at you Dexter but just my opinion on the matters.

I’d keep Foran on for a small contract. If he doesn’t want to repay our faith in him and the fact we have paid his super then good riddance.
On Pay, if no one more suitable is available I’d either not re-sign him or sign him up for 2 years. For many players to sign with us they need to know who the coach will be for more than a year.
Worst case scenario we pay him out but something has to give and no coach can work with reserve graders.

I know people will bring up the “No one wants to play under Pay” but where is the truth to that? It’s just an opinion.
Look who Newcastle signed with a multiple winning spoon winning coach most famous for bitch slapping one of his players. Modern day footballers will chase the money
Hopefully Bateman and cotric sign with us man. I am not Pay's biggest fan but I felt for him when was pleading for some quality players to come. It's like a big cry for help and seems like no one is answering the call.