News NRL rivals circle Adam Elliott after Bulldogs’ ‘low-ball’ contract offer

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But, but, but...who will lead the song???

Seriously, feet-for-hands is not the player to blow the budget on. For his manager to advertise him otherwise is delusional.

Not for a second do I believe anyone has actually made him any sort of offer. If his manager thinks he’s a replacement for Frizell, then he’s not helping his client.

He’ll never be origin or an international, so why pay him like one?

He’s shown himself to be a contract year player...yeah Lichaa was one of them too.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised as I read that him and Holland are on big coin. I wouldn’t be too fussed if he left but he shouldn’t be paid more than the figure you quoted.
Holland's only on 550. 500 last year and 450 year before.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just throw Elliott 500k/4years and say 'take it or leave it'.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh good idea, go to the dragqueens
How did that work out for jammer, Ben hunt and corey Norman???

we have enough second rowers to fill 2 teams
Even matty johns and Alexander said on Fox we should invest In the spine and creative players
Where do you find them? That's the problem not money. They need to be top experienced players.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What do you mean he's "only on 550"? He's not even FG standard let alone that sort of cash. No wonder we're fuked. Same with your suggestion of 500k/4 years for Elliott, crazy money! I wouldn't pay 500k for the both of them.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine & Doorey are supposed to be gun juniors. We should sign Bateman and be looking at integrating them into the first team off the bench next season.
Jackson should go to lock so Elliott can get a pay day elsewhere.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
elliot has improved a lot recently, he contributes a lot more in games lately, is he worth an upgrade in pay yes he is, is he worth a big upgrade to elite level money not a fkn chance
hes no superstar, he a player who looks better than what he is, a player who at the moment stands out more in a shit team, if he can get big dollars elsewhere let him go

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been told he already on over 600k a year has been paid overs for the last 3 years.

His manager probably using the rumours of Bateman offer and try up his price.

I personally think he is only worth 500k Max when playing to potential even that is a stretch.
He's worth 350 but only just, if he want's top dollar then maybe he needs to look around, we need some top quality player's, there is already too many average player's in this team.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t get the haters...he is one of our shining lights and you don’t want him. He rejected bigger offers previously, has the smarts and courage to attack a line and create opportunities (how many of our forwards can do that?), plays tough and above his weight, gives and tries 100% I just don’t understand....

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I like Elliott, I would keep him but not at all costs. We have 2 or young edge forwards that need to start getting a taste of 1st grade. Should have been done already before you decide if your recruit or retain anyone in the positions . We need edge forwards. Elliot is a better edge than Jackson . Mariner looks to big for edge now. 10 to 15 min a game for a young bloke . Dont want to lose any if they are future starts cause Elliott or Bateman hare holding them back.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don’t get the haters...he is one of our shining lights and you don’t want him. He rejected bigger offers previously, has the smarts and courage to attack a line and create opportunities (how many of our forwards can do that?), plays tough and above his weight, gives and tries 100% I just don’t understand....
I don't think I hate him but some of the amounts that people on here think he's worth makes me want to hate him. Crazy amounts.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
reminds me of a Seinfeld episode about Jerrys jacket and George wanting to know the price ...
"i'm going to say a $1000 and if you dont say anything then i'm going to assume you paid a thousand dollars for that jacket!"

Elliot is a tough, hard working bulldog.

People are throwing around $500k - $600 grand like candy, how do we know he isnt just asking for $350,000? Until we know the right number then we cant just slam the bloke. Whether you like him as a player or not, name 5 players who defend, run and tackle harder than him in our team, then put the dollars you reckon they are paid and then judge Elliot.

ps we aint signing jurbo/bateman for $500k
That’s in my top 3 Seinfeld episodes man, hilarious! Elaine’s dad in that episode also :tearsofjoy:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$550K for Holland??????? No wonder we're screwed.
Cotric wants $600K and were currently paying 550K for a park footballer. For an extra $50K we can get Cotric. Yes please

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott has improved every year for the last 3 years, limiting mistakes whilst still providing variety in attack that our other forwards don’t. The team trainers report he is the fittest player in the team on many on their benchmarks. Forwards in general come into their prime in their mid 20’s (Elliott is 25), they learn their craft and harden their bodies and minds to the impacts and the effort required to play NRL week in week out. Add a couple of decent forwards around him and the opposition won’t be able to concentrate on him like they do now. As a result he will make more metres, bust more tackles and get away more offloads.

The NRL average for the 30 players is $330k, for the top 25 it’s obviously higher. For the top 17 it’s obviously higher again and yet some idiots want to pay our second best player most weeks less than the average. Wakie, wakie comparing a limited career professional sportsperson with the average wage earner is ridiculous.

Go Dogs

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
elliot has improved a lot recently, he contributes a lot more in games lately, is he worth an upgrade in pay yes he is, is he worth a big upgrade to elite level money not a fkn chance
hes no superstar, he a player who looks better than what he is, a player who at the moment stands out more in a shit team, if he can get big dollars elsewhere let him go
In a team like the Roosters or Storm he would probably be a star player, because they know how to use players' abilities, and have the troops to support them.
I've lost count of the "ordinary" players we were happy to let go, turn out to be the type of player we are screaming for when the clubs they go to get the best out of them.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t really think anyone in our current squad is in a position to negotiate a large contract given how we are going .

Large contracts are for players who provide the difference between winning and losing . We ain’t winning

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot has improved of late. I say of late i mean the past six games. Good on him. But, this does not put him up with the good forwards out there where he can command and dictate what he thinks or what his manager thinks he deserves. Sure give him an upgrade but not anything considered as overs. He needs to prove himself over the next two or three years before he can ask for bigger dollars.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe twin dicks can pay him in red x's and we will be sweet