Daily Telegraph/Rothfield New Zealand Warriors target Jackson Hastings with Wigan’s John Bateman deal close

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just go direct to Bateman and go around the manager and that's a pay rise right there.

why can't we bring little Millie to Sydney halfway through? In between primary school to high school.

We don't necessarily have to tell John that every Lebo and Islander Teenager is going to try and be putting it on her every chance they get during class. By the time they feel the horrors of Bankstown the deal would have been sealed.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If, if we are re signing Foran on the cheap then so be it. Our priorities then need to be

9. Grant or B Smith. I can’t see Storm letting Grant go now. They’ll work something so he stays there at hooker. We must put pressure on B Smith!!
6. Burton

from there, I’d be seeing if CHN is any chance for a return.
Having a sneaky look at Coates or Saab
Asking Rona or Koroibete the question
A solid prop.
fast tracking Averillo at FB.
Bringing through Topine Doorey Tass Katoa Biondi schoupp

a team of

Averillo
DWZ
Hoppa
Cotric
Smith (or Rona, Coates, Koroibete, Saab)
Burton
Foran
Welch Or Tolman
B Smith
To’Omaga
CHN
Jackson
Thompson

Wakeham
Napa
RFM
Elliot

Stimson
Britt
Ogden
Smith
Sue
Katoa
Katoa x 2
Tass
Schoupp
Biondi
Topine
Doorey
JMK
Lewis

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If, if we are re signing Foran on the cheap then so be it. Our priorities then need to be

9. Grant or B Smith. I can’t see Storm letting Grant go now. They’ll work something so he stays there at hooker. We must put pressure on B Smith!!
6. Burton

from there, I’d be seeing if CHN is any chance for a return.
Having a sneaky look at Coates or Saab
Asking Rona or Koroibete the question
A solid prop.
fast tracking Averillo at FB.
Bringing through Topine Doorey Tass Katoa Biondi schoupp

a team of

Averillo
DWZ
Hoppa
Cotric
Smith (or Rona, Coates, Koroibete, Saab)
Burton
Foran
Welch Or Tolman
B Smith
To’Omaga
CHN
Jackson
Thompson

Wakeham
Napa
RFM
Elliot

Stimson
Britt
Ogden
Smith
Sue
Katoa
Katoa x 2
Tass
Schoupp
Biondi
Topine
Doorey
JMK
Lewis
That's a good looking team. I would be stoked with that - except for Foran. I'd replace him with Hastings or Wakeham if he develops. Whats the point of Foran? He'll be injured soon or he'll be doing what he's doing now, playing scared so he doesn't get injured. I'd rather have 2 young inexperienced halves who actually have a go than waste it on Foran.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is going to be a minimum 10
Year rebuild at best :(
It’s bullshit, that’s what it is, they’ve shat in their own nest and not willing to clean it up.!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Bateman accepts 500k a year for four years than he was genuine about wanting to return home. Hard to hold that against him if he's home sick. From the way Bateman acted I thought he was the ultimate competitor that would do anything to compete at the highest level, but I guess not.

When you think about it logically, we have Jackson and Elliott who's locks (shoe ins) for the back row. We also have Topine coming through so maybe it's not the best idea to splash 800k on Bateman anyways. I love him as a player tho and wouldn't say no. There also isn't much available off contract which is half the problem.

Cotric 600k yes please!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
600k per year for Cotric is overs. He can't even get a run at centre over Michael Oldfield.
That's Ricky's issue not cotrics. I'm pretty sure last season in R17 Cotric was playing centre but he got injured and that when Oldfield played centre for a few weeks. I'd expect it to change before kick off. Could be wrong though

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we should be sweating on Cameron Smith playing on next year and playing in the 7..
Storm won’t want to lose Grant,and with B.Smith in front of him,they likely would..
But if C.Smith plays at 7, then we should go all in and offer Hughes the 7 spot at the Dogs..
Paps is the 1
B.Smith is the 9
C.Smith is the 7
Where does that leave Hughes?
Could play in our favour,and I would take Hughes at 7 over Hastings
Thoughts guys

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think we should be sweating on Cameron Smith playing on next year and playing in the 7..
Storm won’t want to lose Grant,and with B.Smith in front of him,they likely would..
But if C.Smith plays at 7, then we should go all in and offer Hughes the 7 spot at the Dogs..
Paps is the 1
B.Smith is the 9
C.Smith is the 7
Where does that leave Hughes?
Could play in our favour,and I would take Hughes at 7 over Hastings
Thoughts guys
Mentioned Hughes recently. I'd like him at fullback and Averillo at 6 if we did sign him. He's built a nice little short kicking game over the last season. Also his issues at 7 are masked due to storms good system... He would struggle to be a 7 and lead a side like ours

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No way Hughes.
Also if we don't land Cotric, we should look at the guy in front of him oldfield.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran's done fuck all and if he's re-signed and get's injured what will the board say then, piss him off and let another club worry about his constant injuries, fuck this board are useless, anyone thinking were going to make the 8 next season better think again, we've signed one top quality forward big fucking deal!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canberra star John Bateman is ready to quit Australian rugby league in a move that could trigger a flurry of player movement across three countries.

Bateman is set to move to Wigan in a huge coup for the club, which could lose star halfback Jackson Hastings back to the NRL.

Sources say St George Illawarra has formally withdrawn from negotiations with Bateman while his second suitor, Canterbury, is focusing its attentions elsewhere.

It can be revealed:
*Bateman’s likely move is to take up a $2 million four-year offer from Wigan;

*Wigan may lose enigmatic Hastings to the New Zealand Warriors, whose halves combination could undergo major changes;

*Canterbury is heavily focused on luring State of Origin winger Nick Cotric from Canberra; and

*The Bulldogs have also spoken about re-signing halfback Kieran Foran – in stellar form for a struggling side – on a reduced contract.

It can be confirmed the Warriors made Hastings a firm offer when he toured with Great Britain late last year. While the former Roosters, Dragons and Sea Eagles halfback rejected that initial offer, New Zealand’s interest has not waned.

Rival clubs believe Canterbury may have also discussed Hastings but the Bulldogs want to throw $600,000 a year at Cotric and use him as a centre.

Still only 24, Hastings has played some tremendous football in England but has always held a private desire to one day return home after leaving Manly in contentious circumstances.

Hastings is a strong supporter of Wigan coach Adrian Lam, whose position at DW Stadium remains uncertain, according to well-placed UK sources.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the New Zealand Warriors want to give rising halfback Chanel Harris-Tavita some quality time at halfback over the next four to six weeks.

If Harris-Tavita struggles to nail down a spot, the Warriors will revisit their interest in Hastings.

It is uncertain how interim Warriors coach Todd Payten would use halfback Blake Green, 33, should Harris-Tavita be chosen to start in coming weeks.

Harris-Tavita, 21, has been selected on the interchange bench for Saturday’s match against Brisbane in Gosford.

Bateman – told he could leave the Raiders on Tuesday – was hoping to secure an NRL deal worth $800,000 a year yet that figure hasn’t quite materialised.

It is understood Bateman’s management would now accept less than $800,000 a season but only if the deal stretched over four years.

The Wigan deal is worth $500,000 a season but Bateman is seeking a slightly increased offer given veteran Sean O Loughlin will retire after this season and the Super League club could also offload backrower Joe Greenwood – a former Gold Coast player – to Leeds.

Saints have officially withdrawn from the chase for Bateman, who still owns property in Wigan. He could also reunite with 10-year-old daughter Millie by returning to Lancashire.

The Dragons had shown interest but wanted to lodge a three-year deal – Bateman’s management was adamant he wanted four seasons.

Canterbury – with a $3m war chest to spend – has not publicly stated whether it is still hunting Bateman but it now appears highly likely the Englishman will return home.

Given he has only endured one full season of the physical NRL, some clubs were reluctant to offer Bateman a four-year contract.

While all this happens, Gold Coast continues their hot pursuit of injured Brisbane star, David Fifita. Brisbane fears their horrid season may influence Fifita to quit and head south to Robina.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/a1cd6b79fc13d3333adcc5490fc88d99
Foran in stellar form???

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great manager, tells him hes worth 800k, knocks back 750 to stay at the Raiders and is now taking 500....genius.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven’t even noticed him on the field since his return.
Me too. You'd think a bloke on $1M a year would be the most dominant player in the team but nah
If we only offer Foran a 1 year contract that means this time next year he'll be doing the same thing - playing not to get injured because he's looking for a new contract again. Foran has been a massive disappointment since coming back from injury. Needs to piss off along with Pay
#freshstart

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me too. You'd think a bloke on $1M a year would be the most dominant player in the team but nah
If we only offer Foran a 1 year contract that means this time next year he'll be doing the same thing - playing not to get injured because he's looking for a new contract again. Foran has been a massive disappointment since coming back from injury. Needs to piss off along with Pay
#freshstart
Before he came back this year I wouldn’t have been against offering him a low deal because I think we need a experienced half but since his return I think we need to cut bait. He’s been so disappointing that he’s just not worth the hassle when you factor in his injury history.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hastings is staying in England, he just moved houses in Manchester.