Tolman

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Another thread.

I see a lot of commments hatin on my boi Aiden.
I'm just curious if people here genuinely don't want him in the team next year or are just angry at him being on 700 this year?

meh has no speak or attack but does a lot and put in. He's both our problem and a hero of the club.

If we resigned him at 359 a year for two years, what would you think ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He's the first picked after week after Elliott. But is he too similar to Bateman, Jackson and Thompson?

Reaction score
A big fat no. Reaching 30 years of age and very one dimensional. If you want more of Tolman on the 4th then resign him

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m done with Tolman. He was a good no frills player for us. We have plenty of players like him. I bumped into him in Tasmania last year and was surprised how small he was for a prop. Hopefully he secures a gig in the nrl with another club.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Another thread.

I see a lot of commments hatin on my boi Aiden.
I'm just curious if people here genuinely don't want him in the team next year or are just angry at him being on 700 this year?

meh has no speak or attack but does a lot and put in. He's both our problem and a hero of the club.

If we resigned him at 359 a year for two years, what would you think ?
I will never doubt his commitment and work ethic for our team. When he doesn’t play we see the impact it has on our defensive structures. He only has good stats because he can play for long minutes. He offers nothing in attack and always gets dominated in tackles.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
A big fat no. Reaching 30 years of age and very one dimensional. If you want more of Tolman on the 4th then resign him
Isn't that a coaching thang?

surely it's not hard t I have a sit down and say.
'Aiden, I'mma be real with u right now. You are one of the best forwards in d game. But we can't have u white ass be taking these fourth tackle hit ups u dig? It ain't u. You're the kinda brother who will bust his ass tackling and not stop for 80. But the attacking play is for these playas like Foran, Elliott, Reimis and these cats. Just tackle, hit up in the first 3 and we got no beef. You was never that dawg. If it were u, we would has seen it 2009-2019, and if u honest. U know I'm right. When u getting two more years of big cheese and in retirement u sitting in the Baltics with a corona in your hand u gonna know Dean Pay was right. You tight with that marinade bro?' And see what he says.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Would definitely take him at a cut price on a 1 year extension.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tolman's been a good servant of the club. I just personally think and see that he's finished as a football player in the NRL (similar to Graham). My biggest problem with him is he's ineffective in the final third and I believe everyone needs to be a threat. The reason the Tolman on the fourth is a meme is because of this (every team passes it to their prop close to the line). I do think we need another prop in Tolman's mould (metre eater, e.g. someone like Welch), just a bit younger and can at least score when the try line is open (or one on one with a small man). Saying that I still rate Tolman over Napa so I'm not sure what that says.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolmans days are also numbered.!!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
700k? Fuk me!
That’d be one of the last of Des n Dibs backended contracts, yeah?

You know, one where we would’ve traded him to another club and covered $300k of his last years contract, and use the freed up $400k for Bateman on a $500k-$700k-$1M 3 yr contract?

Except of course no other club in their right mind would throw good money at a plodder that stifles the attack, thus his backended contract contributes to the shit sandwich we are presently working through.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'd be happy to let him go. The club needs a shake up. And it's those sorts of players who are past there prime that need to go. Especially with the new rule changes which don't suit the style of game he plays.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Nappa doesnt even have the workrate of Tolmam so is a bigger dud imo..
THere is still a place for that sort of player though. And if you have someone else carving up (Thompson) then that might bring him to bigger and better things. Some players are just like that. It wasn't like he wasn't though of in the same vein as Klemmer at one point.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry 32 in November,was a very good player,and clubman,but he’s useby date has expired,brings nothing

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Tolman was resigned on an avg deal of $330,000 I’d have no issues with it. He’s one of the guys who puts in 110% each week and you need some experience in the team. And he can play long mins if required. I’d personally have him off the bench and Renouf to start and would get the more mins but I’m not coach.

Napa on 650 is a bigger mystery he should be getting renouf money and mins coming from the bench.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
THere is still a place for that sort of player though. And if you have someone else carving up (Thompson) then that might bring him to bigger and better things. Some players are just like that. It wasn't like he wasn't though of in the same vein as Klemmer at one point.
Onky position for Nappa would be a bench forward.. i dont know what he does every week.. no impact & no workrate

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Isn't that a coaching thang?

surely it's not hard t I have a sit down and say.
'Aiden, I'mma be real with u right now. You are one of the best forwards in d game. But we can't have u white ass be taking these fourth tackle hit ups u dig? It ain't u. You're the kinda brother who will bust his ass tackling and not stop for 80. But the attacking play is for these playas like Foran, Elliott, Reimis and these cats. Just tackle, hit up in the first 3 and we got no beef. You was never that dawg. If it were u, we would has seen it 2009-2019, and if u honest. U know I'm right. When u getting two more years of big cheese and in retirement u sitting in the Baltics with a corona in your hand u gonna know Dean Pay was right. You tight with that marinade bro?' And see what he says.
tolman getting the ball on the 5th tackle is a coaching problem. We set up a play for the last tackle instead of the using the ball and playing what is in front of them like roosters and eels.
tolman puts himself in the correct position every time, the dummy half needs to use him as a block play, again coaching issue. He is very underrated, as a coach, you love these types of players as they do all the 1% plays, the scrappy stuff the attacking players wont do. in saying that, you need a balanced forward back of workers and ball players and runners. He can play a role for us but he is no where near worth the money you are quoting, id be happy to re sign him on $300k.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
$700k for Tolman is ridiculous. Let him go and use that money to get Harry Grant.