Wait for 2021....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I’m with you mate. I don’t get the issue. When we had sponsors no one cared, said they were shit cars, logo wrong colour etc but now it’s the end of the world we don’t have one like it’s coming out of their pockets or something. Confusing
I only add sponsor for financial security in an uncertain world, which we have seen lately. Also people paying us money is a sign that they want to be involved with us and we are going in a good direction.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My lack of understanding...seriously, you want me to remove graham and reynolds from that list?
I’ll take the short term pain ahead of financial negligence in overpaying slugs and hacks to deliver long term mediocrity. I’ll also take the short term pain ahead of long term cap constraints and inability to recruit quality established first grade talent.

It’s an interesting cross section of players you’ve included there under the one banner too teddy, really shows your lack of understanding of the situation.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I only add sponsor for financial security in an uncertain world, which we have seen lately. Also people paying us money is a sign that they want to be involved with us and we are going in a good direction.
Yep I agree but we are lucky in the sense we are well backed. We didn’t fold during the middle of this virus so we never will

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait .. seems to be all we are doing for anything to happen.!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m with you mate. I don’t get the issue. When we had sponsors no one cared, said they were shit cars, logo wrong colour etc but now it’s the end of the world we don’t have one like it’s coming out of their pockets or something. Confusing
No, I'm not saying that and I'm resigned to us not having one this season. Bradyk said sponsors aren't important or are simply a bonus. They're very important. $1 million is nothing to sneeze at.

I agree, not having one the rest of the season isn't going to bankrupt the club. But moving forward one is essential as you can only ask for more money from the Leagues Club before they start tightening the screws. They would have lost a tonne of money with the lockdown laws and won't want to write a blank cheque forever.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No, I'm not saying that and I'm resigned to us not having one this season. Bradyk said sponsors aren't important or are simply a bonus. They're very important. $1 million is nothing to sneeze at.

I agree, not having one the rest of the season isn't going to bankrupt the club. But moving forward one is essential as you can only ask for more money from the Leagues Club before they start tightening the screws. They would have lost a tonne of money with the lockdown laws and won't want to write a blank cheque forever.
This is what I said:

We don't need a major sponsor, that doesn't do anything regards to the salary cap, obviously it's nice to have for other reasons (not really a big deal for me).

Again, it really isn't a big deal for me, if the team is "successful" on the field that stuff will sort itself out. That's more a bonus for the club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is what I said:

We don't need a major sponsor, that doesn't do anything regards to the salary cap, obviously it's nice to have for other reasons (not really a big deal for me).

Again, it really isn't a big deal for me, if the team is "successful" on the field that stuff will sort itself out. That's more a bonus for the club.
So just as I thought, you're saying that the club doesn't need a sponsor next year and beyond.. Which is absurd.

If the leagues club has to cover the loss of revenue from a sponsor year after year, that's $1 million less that can be used in the football department or training facilities etc..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I understand your point mate but can you understand mine that no one cared about our sponsors but when the board are on everyone’s radar suddenly it’s a massive deal? I don’t remember this uproar when we had no major sponsor in the past. The same people then criticise the club for not defending the players who literally lost us a major sponsor?!?!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I’m glad Rashays is not sponsoring us... I think certain things happen for a reason. Rashays to me is always a sleeve type sponsor anyway.
I hear you mate in terms of prestige but never look a gift horse in the mouth - especially one holding $2m and doubly so during what turned out to be a pandemic. Even if that was negotiated down for the season suspension, any additional revenue would’ve been welcome to get through a tough financial period for the club, doubly so with the leagues club closed.

Anyway what’s done is done and hopefully as we enter a more prosperous period we’re able to attract that prestige sponsor as we emerge from a pretty grim time.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hear you mate in terms of prestige but never look a gift horse in the mouth - especially one holding $2m and doubly so during what turned out to be a pandemic. Even if that was negotiated down for the season suspension, any additional revenue would’ve been welcome to get through a tough financial period for the club, doubly so with the leagues club closed.

Anyway what’s done is done and hopefully as we enter a more prosperous period we’re able to attract that prestige sponsor as we emerge from a pretty grim time.
I like your last comment old mate... hopefully as we enter a more prosperous period ;) and that’s my hope and the brand gets back to where it needs to be and we have those prestigious sponsors... we are probably more lucky than most that we could survive this season without a major sponsor.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I understand your point mate but can you understand mine that no one cared about our sponsors but when the board are on everyone’s radar suddenly it’s a massive deal? I don’t remember this uproar when we had no major sponsor in the past. The same people then criticise the club for not defending the players who literally lost us a major sponsor?!?!
I understand your point but when there's so much uncertainty around the club and so many issues that need addressing, it compounds the problem.

Hopefully that sorts itself out soon and I agree that securing signings is more important short term as you'd like to think a sponsor would be found by the start of next season at the latest.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not a big deal? A bonus? Clubs bleed money every year and $1 million from a sponsor isn't important? It's not a bonus, it's a requirement.

It has nothing to do with ladder position. Every other club in the league has a sponsor because they need them.
I think the club is after 2 million for the front of jersey sponsor :p

They wanted 500k for the short sponsor. I think it’s them trying to get a bigger better deal from the old board which doesn’t help with bad performances on and off the field.

But I agree with you. It will be a huge embarrassment to play 1 season without a sponsor let alone start a second that way. Put a charity on there if you have to. We seem like that povo park football team where half the team has one jersey and the other half has another.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the club is after 2 million for the front of jersey sponsor :p

They wanted 500k for the short sponsor. I think it’s them trying to get a bigger better deal from the old board which doesn’t help with bad performances on and off the field.

But I agree with you. It will be a huge embarrassment to play 1 season without a sponsor let alone start a second that way. Put a charity on there if you have to. We seem like that povo park football team where half the team has one jersey and the other half has another.
Yeah I don't understand why the leagues club or another charity hasn't been on there short term to fill the space like they've done in the past.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I understand your point but when there's so much uncertainty around the club and so many issues that need addressing, it compounds the problem.

Hopefully that sorts itself out soon and I agree that securing signings is more important short term as you'd like to think a sponsor would be found by the start of next season at the latest.
I think getting a major sponsor would be top priority for the club even though the timing is literally the worst in the clubs history. From a fans perspective I personally rank it pretty low

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They haven't done anything to give us confidence in them but let's see what they can pull out of their arses for 2021.
Depending on the Fibre in their diet i see them giving us a few pellets of turd..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
how do we have a "war chest" when its apparently only around $3mil and take into account there's 80% of the squad whos is off-contract. Wests Tigers and the Dragons have the near same amount apparently so like I said in a earlier post, this is going to be a 10 year rebuild LOL

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
how do we have a "war chest" when its apparently only around $3mil and take into account there's 80% of the squad whos is off-contract. Wests Tigers and the Dragons have the near same amount apparently so like I said in a earlier post, this is going to be a 10 year rebuild LOL
Both Dragons and Tigers don't have anywhere near ~3m.
The ~3m you hear is an estimate. Only the people at the club actually know the exact figure.
I personally believe we'll have ~3m even after re-signing Elliott, Foran, Wakeham and RFM. Even more if we don't.
The rebuild started in 2018, we're not going to be expected to win a premiership until ~2024 and that's assuming we get a lot of things right. The term rebuild is used very loosely, it depends what you mean by it. If you mean a competitive roster that's next year, so it took three to four years.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In no particular order I want

- Certainty around the coach
- 4-5 genuine NRL players added to the squad
- Up to our eye balls in the hunt for the top 8 all season
- To score some points I'm so sick of us scoring the lowest amount of points in the comp and the media finding some obscure stat around the amount of points we have scored.
- Getting some of the juniors blooded into the NRL and turning them into NRL players or higher. Topine,Doorey and Schoupp in particular.
- Build up our junior stocks
- Project a much more professional image. Things like Port and the Terry Lamb corona stuff is just sloppy and can be avoided or not make it's way into the media.