Wait for 2021....

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so we heard the war cry from the board and their lackeys for the past few years but let's put it into perspective as the 2021 season starts in 8 months.

So what are we exactly waiting for?

we have a war chest

a new coach
player signings
a major sponsor

expectations?
top 4 / 8 finish
premiership
admin that knows what they are doing

or a combination of none of the above

thoughts?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They haven't done anything to give us confidence in them but let's see what they can pull out of their arses for 2021.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well there's 3 key things for me that need answering within the next couple of months that will tell me everything I need to know.

Timeframes:

Immediately: Coach needs to be sorted out either way,
ASAP: Major sponsor,
Between November last year and end of this season: Considerable player signings for 2021 season.

These are my key performance criteria and regardless of what anyone says if they are not achieved by and for 2021 then the Board have failed upon their own timelines and should be held accountable.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
so we heard the war cry from the board and their lackeys for the past few years but let's put it into perspective as the 2021 season starts in 8 months.

So what are we exactly waiting for?

we have a war chest

a new coach
player signings
a major sponsor

expectations?
top 4 / 8 finish
premiership
admin that knows what they are doing

or a combination of none of the above

thoughts?
Need to make the finals with or without pay as coach. That will take some solid recruiting but we can’t miss the finals for a 5th straight year... finals should be a minimum next year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now it's wait for 2023 remember? Lynne just thought she could add two years to the timeline on the sly like when they add extra minutes on the screen for the next train at the station

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We don't need a new coach, top coach if available.

We need another three to five top players (depending on calibre, ~3m worth of players).

We don't need a major sponsor, that doesn't do anything regards to the salary cap, obviously it's nice to have for other reasons (not really a big deal for me).

The expectations, depends on recruitment, if it goes how I hope it goes, top eight, definitely not top four (that doesn't mean it isn't possible, anything is possible). I'm not expecting a premiership until ~2024.

So far the board have done a good job, the next and hardest step is recruitment, if they don't nail this I think they'll be voted out in 2022.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I’m expecting, and am confident they will deliver the following;

• 2-3 additional key players to go with Thompson
  • Major sponsor
  • Top 8 finish
  • Improved brand of football
If they achieve the above then they will have well and truly delivered on the promises laid out in 2018.

Onwards and upwards from 2021.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't need a new coach, top coach if available.

We need another three to five top players (depending on calibre, ~3m worth of players).

We don't need a major sponsor, that doesn't do anything regards to the salary cap, obviously it's nice to have for other reasons (not really a big deal for me).

The expectations, depends on recruitment, if it goes how I hope it goes, top eight, definitely not top four (that doesn't mean it isn't possible, anything is possible). I'm not expecting a premiership until ~2024.

So far the board have done a good job, the next and hardest step is recruitment, if they don't nail this I think they'll be voted out in 2022.
Don't need a major sponsor? It's over a million dollars a year that clubs desperately need... It's kind of important considering all but one or two clubs in the league lose significant amounts of money each year as a business.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't need a major sponsor? It's over a million dollars a year that clubs desperately need... It's kind of important considering all but one or two clubs in the league lose significant amounts of money each year as a business.
Again, it really isn't a big deal for me, if the team is "successful" on the field that stuff will sort itself out. That's more a bonus for the club.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Champ, we have lost James Graham, Josh reynolds, David klemmer, Aaron Woods,moses mybe, chn, Morris bros, .all this pain to buy 2 or 3 players...
Cmon mate

• Major sponsor
  • Top 8 finish
If they achieve the above then they will have well and truly delivered on the promises laid out in 2018.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Champ, we have lost James Graham, Josh reynolds, David klemmer, Aaron Woods,moses mybe, chn, Morris bros, .all this pain to buy 2 or 3 players...
Cmon mate
It depends what "key" players means. Also they could be ~1m+ players (e.g. contracted spine players).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Again, it really isn't a big deal for me, if the team is "successful" on the field that stuff will sort itself out. That's more a bonus for the club.
Not a big deal? A bonus? Clubs bleed money every year and $1 million from a sponsor isn't important? It's not a bonus, it's a requirement.

It has nothing to do with ladder position. Every other club in the league has a sponsor because they need them.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not a big deal? A bonus? Clubs bleed money every year and $1 million from a sponsor isn't important?

It has nothing to do with ladder position. Every other club in the league has a sponsor because they need them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wish there was a delusional button right now. Optimistic, funny or disagree just don't cut it.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
have to agree , would people want major sponsor and spoon , or no sponsor and top 8 finish
And yes I know it’s not a situation of one or the other but was just an example how no sponsor is not our as in fans real concern at the moment

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we let go 7 international players and 2 state of origin players, total 9 players to sign 3 or 3, thanks for the pain and putting our club at the bottom of the ladder, all phukin worth it,screwing our club over
It depends what "key" players means. Also they could be ~1m+ players (e.g. contracted spine players).

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cmon mate
I’ll take the short term pain ahead of financial negligence in overpaying slugs and hacks to deliver long term mediocrity. I’ll also take the short term pain ahead of long term cap constraints and inability to recruit quality established first grade talent.

It’s an interesting cross section of players you’ve included there under the one banner too teddy, really shows your lack of understanding of the situation.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

• Major sponsor
  • Top 8 finish

Lol we need at least 12 signings

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m with you mate. I don’t get the issue. When we had sponsors no one cared, said they were shit cars, logo wrong colour etc but now it’s the end of the world we don’t have one like it’s coming out of their pockets or something. Confusing

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are the frickin bulldogs, we want it all, the sponsors,the minor premierships, the premierships, all the fanfare bells and whistles
The whole 9 yards
have to agree , would people want major sponsor and spoon , or no sponsor and top 8 finish
And yes I know it’s not a situation of one or the other but was just an example how no sponsor is not our as in fans real concern at the moment