News NRL rivals circle Adam Elliott after Bulldogs’ ‘low-ball’ contract offer

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a fuckwit we carry him for years he finally plays ok and i mean just ok and he basically says fuck the dogs im going to the highest bidder ,get chn back and fuck him off

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly wouldn’t pay more than 350k

If we had a system and coach like the Roosters n Storm we should be able to get a junior on minimum wage playing better than this bozo in a year.

Ps- he misses a lot of crucial tackles. Seems The Kennel doesn’t pick up on this.

Anyway wasting big bucks on average forwards is stupid.

Unless your as good as Jurbo I wouldn’t be investing too much money. Train and breed your own. Only buy the best or pay overs for the best in their position. Makes our team more superior and the team that lost the best more inferior.

Imagine if we took out a Munster, Tedesco, Jurbo, Cook from their teams. They would be hard to replace and turn us into an instant contender.

Anyway fuck Elliot.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In all seriousness, his worst football is behind him. He plays with a passion that the rest of our pack should emulate. For the right price he is a keeper. With Thompson in the pack and the possibility of Bateman or similar, he deserves to be part of that growth considering being here through tough times.
I'd jump in front of a train......but.
I'd also strip for you and you and you.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Now is the time to fuck off

Tolman
Elliott
Holland
Montoya
Sue
Cogger and more all fkn shit
I agree mostly but I would keep Holland and Elliott personally and make a late call on Tolm later in the year.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Won't be losing any sleep if he goes to another club.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Elliot for Bateman and Cotric, its a good deal Canberra should take it.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
reminds me of a Seinfeld episode about Jerrys jacket and George wanting to know the price ...
"i'm going to say a $1000 and if you dont say anything then i'm going to assume you paid a thousand dollars for that jacket!"

Elliot is a tough, hard working bulldog.

People are throwing around $500k - $600 grand like candy, how do we know he isnt just asking for $350,000? Until we know the right number then we cant just slam the bloke. Whether you like him as a player or not, name 5 players who defend, run and tackle harder than him in our team, then put the dollars you reckon they are paid and then judge Elliot.

ps we aint signing jurbo/bateman for $500k

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all saw what he dished up last season and the season before. He only started playing well now he’s due for a new contract.

Only offer him one year extensions at a time otherwise he can go. Thompson to lock

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yet we will pay 800k for Bateman who is injured...and similar for Thompson.Elliot took a serious pay cut to stay loyal and gets thanked by a lowball offer of around 400k...Anybody thinks this is a family club etc still then I have some land to sell you.This is his last year of a back ended deal and it is not over 450k,remember that players have taken a pay cut this year to.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Elliott leaves it will be sweeter than Caroline.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive been told he already on over 600k a year has been paid overs for the last 3 years.

His manager probably using the rumours of Bateman offer and try up his price.

I personally think he is only worth 500k Max when playing to potential even that is a stretch.
I wouldn’t be surprised as I read that him and Holland are on big coin. I wouldn’t be too fussed if he left but he shouldn’t be paid more than the figure you quoted.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he’s the first of many junk players we start to offload he can fuck off bye bye and please take most of the rest of the junk with you please .

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We all saw what he dished up last season and the season before. He only started playing well now he’s due for a new contract.

Only offer him one year extensions at a time otherwise he can go. Thompson to lock
Watching Thompson’s highlights On YouTube indicates he is better suited to lock than front row. He is quick and agile for his size. Elliot has improved this season but has been frustrating since he debuted with us. He is a poor man’s Finucane

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I think he is worth keeping and persevering BUT if that story has come out from his management then they should stay strong and if bump up the price it should be minimal , otherwise it will send signal to the market that they are soft but more importantly if they cave and give him $x future targets will, be saying I was prepared to come at overs at $xy but since that quality is getting x I should the xyz .

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lock is becoming a key position for serious teams.
Taumalolo, Murray, Radley etc...

elliot not in that category and never will be.
Thompson potentially looks like he could be.

take 350k. That’s fair for your ability. If you can get much better elsewhere, good luck to you and thanks.