Daily Telegraph/Rothfield New Zealand Warriors target Jackson Hastings with Wigan’s John Bateman deal close

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After seeing Bateman‘s tweet calling Don furner a dickhead I am happy for him to fuck off back to England with the rest of the unwashed

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After seeing Bateman‘s tweet calling Don furner a dickhead I am happy for him to fuck off back to England with the rest of the unwashed
Well squeaky clean boys aren't doing the dogs justice mate. We need to expand our horizons.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm happy to just let Foran go and let some other club sign him for a high price and hopefully it pushes someone out. That's one less club out of the market for a half.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well squeaky clean boys aren't doing the dogs justice mate. We need to expand our horizons.
BiG difference to being a bit of a grub on the field To being a disrespectful cocksucker to a bloke that gave you a start in the nrl and is one of the games legends

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I stopped reading at Foran in sparkling form.

No way Bateman takes $2 million for 4 years when he probably earns 500k at Canberra now.

If they're legitimately considering re-signing Foran they are far more incompetent than I ever thought. Hopefully it's just more Buzz bullshit.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The lack of quality players on the market is alarming. We really need some of these young pups to progress and quickly. I still can’t see us competing for many years to come
It's pretty bad. Especially when the Roosters and Melbourne hoard the best players and have better reserve players and youngsters than some teams best players. It's an indictment on the league.

Still, contracts are broken all of the time in footy and an aggressive club that has an eye for talent who knows how to negotiate should be able to lure several exciting players with $3-4 million.

It's just too bad our club is so incompetent.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He does seem very mixed up tbh
Don furner and the raiders spent half a mil to bring him out here,paid him a good wage and gave him an opportunity to play in the Nrl in a very competitive team. I get he wants more money and the raiders made him a fair offer and knocked it back again fair enough but you don’t shit on people who have done nothing but the right thing by you, IMO

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don furner and the raiders spent half a mil to bring him out here,paid him a good wage and gave him an opportunity to play in the Nrl in a very competitive team. I get he wants more money and the raiders made him a fair offer and knocked it back again fair enough but you don’t shit on people who have done nothing but the right thing by you, IMO
What did he say? He seems to be a bit of a loose cannon on social media. I agree, he shouldn't attack anyone from Canberra. They brought him over and let him leave his contract early. If anything he should be grateful and thankful.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
600k per year for Cotric is overs. He can't even get a run at centre over Michael Oldfield.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will have the most expensive second rowers in the league, about 7 of them lol. All part of lyns plan i suppose lol.
I still cant see how bateman and cotric are neeeded when we donf have a fullback, hooker or decent half. They will get no clean ball. Just a quick grab by the board to save there arse. Luke brooks is on only 500 thou and bring in burton. Alex mckinnon, and just one melbourne hooker for fuck sake. Without that spine its a waste of time sighning anybody else.
It wouldnt take much to put together, but im sure our board is busy spending another 600 thousand on another winger. To go along with our other 3, 600 thousand dollar wingers. Disgrace of a football department. No fucking idea.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also, Canberra paid a transfer fee of 358,000 for Bateman and it was a fake Twitter account that called Furner a dickhead. Paul Kent is a moron.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also, Canberra paid a transfer fee of 358,000 for Bateman and it was a fake Twitter account that called Furner a dickhead. Paul Kent is a moron.
What loser would create a fake twitter account of Bateman of all people?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
600k per year for Cotric is overs. He can't even get a run at centre over Michael Oldfield.
Yeah it seems bizarre that they refuse to play him there. I still think he's a better winger. And I agree as much as I'd like Cotric, anything more than 550k max is too much for a winger/centre.