Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Would wait to see who was on the rival ticket

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's the problem as I see it, if they win the appeal then their contracts will be reinstated and will be valid and enforceable. So we will have no choice but to accept them back. That doesn't mean they get to play (or train) but that they will get paid according to their contracts and included in our Cap and our 30 player roster.
I don’t know if the two are linked in the way you suggest. The only thing I’ve been told is we cannot replace the spots in squad until the appeal process is complete.
That's also my understanding, we are being forced into waiting because the NRL won't register contracts to replace the ones deregistered. I don't see any logical reason for that refusal other than if the NRL loses their contracts will be reinstated. That would have us over the 30 player limit and maybe even over the Cap.

Go Dogs

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets get one thing straight - Bennett and Hasler dont develop clubs for long term. If you have a top 4 roster, Bennett & Hasler will get you the results.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
you say your years ahead of me but youve got a dud five eight as your DP who left three seasons ago.... go cry in your corner that he "didnt come back home"
Our best five-eighth since 2005 (I can't judge beforehand because it's before my time). A player who inspired the whole squad (with Graham and Ennis) and could make something out of nothing. A real dud. It was a mistake not to bring Reynolds back especially when we reportedly could of got him back for ~200k (and reportedly Pay wanted him not the board - which is actually a long term decision).

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just needs a one year extension. Players will know who our coach is for next year and if Pay doesn't meet expectations it's a lot less messy to get rid of him.
That just happen to be the only year the board have before next election to show all their plans work.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That just happen to be the only year the board have before next election to show all their plans work.
Their next concern is recruitment for 2021. They have until the start of the 2022 season to get a top coach if one's available.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our best five-eighth since 2005 (I can't judge beforehand because it's before my time). A player who inspired the whole squad (with Graham and Ennis) and could make something out of nothing. A real dud. It was a mistake not to bring Reynolds back especially when we reportedly could of got him back for ~200k (and reportedly Pay wanted him not the board - which is actually a long term decision).
hahahahhahahahahhahahahah hahahahahha bye.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
sorry man, but they are were elected and havent delivered on anything.... they think small minded and arent proper business people, theyve employed their mates around them which makes it worse!!! steve price as football manager... fmd really.... andrew hill who was meant to be the commercial brains of the business is nothing but a bonafide reject whose delivered no commerical revenue, please dont blame COVID 19, if storm were able to loose a sponsor and gain one during COVID, there is no reason we shouldnt be able to do the same...

our cap is "in order" and all they have to show for it is luke fucken thompson....
Storm/RedZed deal was pre C-19. It was announced on 1 March, before the season started and then stopped. Our deal with Rashays was intended to be announced as a surprise for the team to run out on on 12 March and was blown by the breaking of the Port Mac story on 10 March. So I don’t agree Andrew Hill hasn’t delivered any revenue, they convinced Rashays to part with $2m before those two players blew it. Hill was also appointed by Dib so that’s not a case of ‘appointing mates’.

Cap wise they are compliant for 2020 and Thompson coming early would’ve largely filled salaries of CHN/JO. Anything else is for 2021 and TBC - we know they have offers out, it’s a matter of now closing some of those.

You have a position to which you’re entitled but I don’t agree with much of it, nor do necessarily think the Anderson led board are flawless nor unaccountable - I just think there’s things that haven’t played out yet and have been disrupted by events beyond the clubs control since March and hence I’m giving them the time for those things to play out.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it up already, keep him in the lower grades if they feel sorry for him, but we need a big kill and now
They're going to either be coached by Pay in 2021 and 2022 or Pay in 2021 and a top coach in 2022. If you want do a one year extension with another year in the clubs favour but it's exactly the same thing.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate i know a fair chunk of the voting members, not happy is an understatement
I remember you mentioned this a while back young Teddy... seem to have the good oil at times..

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a lot of major business decisions being made in the last 3 months let alone discretionary spends.

Leagues club effectively does sponsor the footy club - does a logo on the jumper make much difference? Perception maybe. Regardless the leagues club had zero revenue for two months while they were closed so they also have decisions to make regarding that impact.

It’s not a public company, they are not required to share information and no doubt they are addressing any questions from potential recruits as part of the negotiation process.

I’m sure once they have a clearer picture of things post C-19 (perhaps even after this weeks footy/leagues club joint meeting) and discussion outcomes with potential recruits they will speak to members and publicly.

I get than many are emotional about things but reacting that way isn’t going to help anyone, the processes have to be worked through.
Perception is everything , it’s marketing . We don’t play for fun . It’s a professional sports team in a highly competitive competition. Looking good and having good results is like any business. It sells. When successful you attract eyes, fans , sponsorship, good press = a club a player wants to play for.

can go through my post I have never come on here and said things like fucn that ***** shit or blared our club with bad language but I can call it for what it is, right now we are not attractive and I applaud Thompson for coming, I do like pay, but things aren’t improving and we need to improve fast

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you fucking kidding me? Should we be further along than we are, rationally, fuck yes we should.
If this board was more about results than excuses they'd navigate the shortest line thru this shit show, we'd have players signing for us and the supporters would have some hope for 2021.
To still be considering the coach for 2021 at this stage is negligence.
To still be considering Pay as a viable coach is ludicrous.
With the ineptitude that this organisation as a whole is showing we might as well pack up and go home because this 'rebuild' will now drag out for another 3 to 4 years.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
if you think we are less appealing then a gold coast team that folded twice and up until a year ago was about to fold again until being bought out, you got rocks in your head.
The Titans front of jumper jumper sponsor/advertiser is Neds, they have been a sponsor/advertiser of the Titans for a number of years, gradually upgrading each year. They are also sponsor/advertisers of the Brisbane Lions, Tigers, Panthers and several horse racing clubs/courses. What they are paying the Titans is less than what M&J Chickens is paying us, something around what Ultimate Security pays. BTW Neds is owned by Ladbrokes which are also one of our sponsors.

The fact that the Titans sell their advertising space so cheaply may just be one of the reasons why they "folded twice".

Go Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not happy myself with a fair bit of what has happened to date but I think there is an opportunity in the next month or so (not much longer) for the board, coach etc to execute on their plan for 2021.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually why don't we do a poll on the kennel and gauge what the appetite is like?

Who wants an EGM yes or no?

No idea how to start a poll, anyone know how to organise.. spoonman??
I remember you mentioned this a while back young Teddy... seem to have the good oil at times..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Perception is everything , it’s marketing . We don’t play for fun . It’s a professional sports team in a highly competitive competition. Looking good and having good results is like any business. It sells. When successful you attract eyes, fans , sponsorship, good press = a club a player wants to play for.

can go through my post I have never come on here and said things like fucn that c*** shit or blared our club with bad language but I can call it for what it is, right now we are not attractive and I applaud Thompson for coming, I do like pay, but things aren’t improving and we need to improve fast
All good mate I wasn’t specifically referring to you that’s why I said ‘many’ regarding emotional reactions.

Yes, of course some of your points are valid but it’s a step by step process in my view: fix the cap (almost done), improve the squad (in play), determine the coaching future (likely in play), on field results begin to improve and crowds, memberships and sponsorships follow.

To me, swinging the axe in the middle of the current situation delivers very little. There has to be a plan and a strategy to execute that plan. That’s the bit that’s currently likely causing the noise - some believe there’s no plan/strategy while others believe the plan/strategy is flawed - all because there’s no visibility of it. I just don’t buy that there’s no plan but no doubt that plan has been disrupted by the events of this year. The execs and directors know that their jobs are on the line if they don’t deliver so let’s see what they do deliver before we bay for blood.

That’s my view anyway - I appreciate that you may have a different one.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually why don't we do a poll on the kennel and gauge what the appetite is like?

Not a bad idea will be interesting.. but then again who is actually a voting member? Nothing against anyone who’s not but we need voting members for an EGM right?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Ha ha - a TK poll. Hugely influential :-).
Of course it will be 90% yes. And utterly meaningless when it comes to the possibility of an ACTUAL EGM...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time will tell my friend,and as I see it your mates on the board are running out of time
Ha ha - a TK poll. Hugely influential :-).
Of course it will be 90% yes. And utterly meaningless when it comes to the possibility of an ACTUAL EGM...