• No

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Would wait to see who was on the rival ticket

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Graeme Hughes needs to be put in charge. No filter on him, tells it like it is and will make the tough calls for the good of the club.
Always have liked Hughes, and he should be involved in the club anyway..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Graeme Hughes needs to be put in charge. No filter on him, tells it like it is and will make the tough calls for the good of the club.
Hughes isn't the answer he's a dinosaur in the Anderson mould. I listen to his radio show pretty regularly and I like a few of the things he says about the Dogs but the majority of what he says belongs in the 70's and 80's.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hughes isn't the answer he's a dinosaur in the Anderson mould. I listen to his radio show pretty regularly and I like a few of the things he says about the Dogs but the majority of what he says belongs in the 70's and 80's.
Maybe so but I just want someone who has the balls to make a call. No sitting in limbo like we are now, just take the plunge and fall on your sword if you fuck up

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, actually everything I wrote is true. Copy paste one sentence and try and give me a logical reasoning to why it isn't true.

Also I don't know if you know how the world works, but usually the masses are collectively wrong.
U got schooled boy. Stop making up bullshit excuses to support mediocracy u loser.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe so but I just want someone who has the balls to make a call. No sitting in limbo like we are now, just take the plunge and fall on your sword if you fuck up
I agree I think it’s easier to sit on the sideline and make the calls though. I think this is what Anderson is finding out now that’s it’s a lot harder once you’re in the hot seat.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Without doubt. But I just cant understand the decisions around

Sue
Britt
Stimpson
Holland renewed contract at the time
Jmk
The major fuck up with Api
Meaney - at the time Chris Anderson was boasting about his involvement in this signing
Cogger
Crichton -at the time we should've swooped in for to'o. I remember seeing promise in him at the time

The recruitment and retention has been shit and I fear our "war chest" is going to be wasted
Wasted ?? They are all off contract in 2021 even if they fuck it up it’s very short term which is smart.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, actually everything I wrote is true. Copy paste one sentence and try and give me a logical reasoning to why it isn't true.

Also I don't know if you know how the world works, but usually the masses are collectively wrong.
It's true because you say it's true?

Bradyk lecturing everyone on how the world works. Now I've heard it all.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: we need to remember the team and salary cap DEANO inherited was a shamble. He has been able to show his ability we have seen glimpses but the young guys haven’t kicked on. Sign him for 2 years with first year clauses round 8. Needs to be 4 wins

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's true because you say it's true?

Bradyk lecturing everyone on how the world works. Now I've heard it all.
Even more so when the other person can't take one sentence from what I wrote and give me a logical reason why it's wrong. It's funny because all he could think of is my DP (also nothing wrong with having).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: we need to remember the team and salary cap DEANO inherited was a shamble. He has been able to show his ability we have seen glimpses but the young guys haven’t kicked on. Sign him for 2 years with first year clauses round 8. Needs to be 4 wins
He just needs a one year extension. Players will know who our coach is for next year and if Pay doesn't meet expectations it's a lot less messy to get rid of him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even more so when the other person can't take one sentence from what I wrote and give me a logical reason why it's wrong. It's funny because all he could think of is my DP (also nothing wrong with having).
You said no one will sponsor a team at the bottom of the table. If that's the case, why do teams like the Titans have no problems with a major sponsor when they've been cellar dwellars for three seasons?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He just needs a one year extension. Players will know who our coach is for next year and if Pay doesn't meet expectations it's a lot less messy to get rid of him.
A one year extension does absolutely nothing to show potential players that they are coming into a stable situation coaching wise. It’s the worst possible option the club could take.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You said no one will sponsor a team at the bottom of the table. If that's the case, why do teams like the Titans have no problems with a major sponsor when they've been cellar dwellars for three seasons?
We were expected to come basically last for three seasons in a row until our cap was sorted. There was no light at the end of the tunnel until next year. Maybe there's a small chance we could of got a major sponsor but the situation we were left in made it almost impossible. I don't know the go with Rashay's but if that was a major sponsor than you have CHN and Okunbor to blame. We're also one of many Sydney clubs which make us less appealing than the Titans. We've also lost membership numbers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
A one year extension does absolutely nothing to show potential players that they are coming into a stable situation coaching wise. It’s the worst possible option the club could take.
They're going to either be coached by Pay in 2021 and 2022 or Pay in 2021 and a top coach in 2022. If you want do a one year extension with another year in the clubs favour but it's exactly the same thing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're going to either be coached by Pay in 2021 and 2022 or Pay in 2021 and a top coach in 2022. If you want do a one year extension with another year in the clubs favour but it's exactly the same thing.
Spin it anyway you want but signing Pay for a year isn’t going to lead to any sort of stability and won’t do us any favours attracting playing talent.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spin it anyway you want but signing Pay for a year isn’t going to lead to any sort of stability and won’t do us any favours attracting playing talent.
It doesn't matter who our coach is. We have to accept we have to pay overs. Even if we had Bellamy or Bennett we'd have to pay overs. We'd maybe save a small amount but at the end of the day that isn't the reason why we're not signing players. All I have to keep repeating is Knight and Nathan Brown and you can't argue that point.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple of things:

- We had a sponsor. Port Mac ruined that.

- Small thing called a pandemic makes it pretty damn difficult to get anyone to sponsor. I’d love to see ‘3 Kennel members’ extract $2m from anyone :-).

- The two deregistered players cannot be replaced until the appeal process is completed.

Mate there’s no evidence of ‘sitting on hands’ just because there’s no running commentary. Let it play out...
This was prior to kick off prior to covid 19. Along time since then? Why not even a leagues club sponsor , despite the appeals why no big signings ? It’s half way through the year. We never hear from her except here and there , she needs to get her shut together cause fans aren’t happy , performances are mimicking our old results. They need to hurry the fuck up cause all Small cracks look like canyons to other potential recruits .. ask yirwelf this .. would you want to join a club if there was no prediction on the coach, the board and a major sponsor with potential tpas ?