Votes: 22 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Would wait to see who was on the rival ticket

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
A

Alexander the Great

Stressful times for the minority on the board/in the club that have the same views as us the supporters.

There are people inside the club who are truly batting for us and know what needs to be done, the problem is they are the minority.

I smell an EGM happening....

upload_2020-7-1_10-45-14.png

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Losing Harawira Naera and Okinbor has hurt us too, Pay has been forced to make radical changes nearly every week with injuries and suspension to top it off.
This weeks side doesn't look too bad, just gotta get the basics right.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad analogy by Lynn aspiring us to teams like parra or knights.
Have they won anything of late that I've missed.
We bought into the idea of being great again. Let's set the roosters or storm as our benchmark.
Imagine Australia trying to be a global power and after years of belt tightening we look at an African third world country as our progress report.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook is 2 and 5
Pay is 1 and 6.
Hardly much better.
Can you imagine if Holbrook was 2 and 5 at the Dogs? TK would be up in arms saying ‘it was a mistake to sign Holbrook!’ :-).
Dont remember ppl unleashing on pay in his first year. Ppl were actually protective towards him here.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep the biggest annoyance to me is our jersey , how anyone would buy one is beyond me. No sponsor ? Fuck!!! Get your shit together they are dinosaurs you need to adapt to the new era! Even the sharks are now the sucessful club and were the new eels or west tigers.. 3 kennel members could get this team firing . Never hear from the board .. where the fuck is the replacement for chn and okunbir? If this was any other team Bateman would be lining up for us right now. SITTING ON YOUR HANDS DOES FUCK ALL EXCEPT GIVE YOU A ITCHY ANNOYING TINGLING SENSATION and this is all the board do just make us edgy and annoyed. Got until 2021 to get shit done, were nearly halfway through the year and have no big signings with this so called war chest . As I have said before we will pay overs for average players then 3 years of the same stuff. Just beyond frustrated we haven’t had excitement for ages. End of year was great last year but this year Would be worse then 2018.2019.. this is worse then 2008
Couple of things:

- We had a sponsor. Port Mac ruined that.

- Small thing called a pandemic makes it pretty damn difficult to get anyone to sponsor. I’d love to see ‘3 Kennel members’ extract $2m from anyone :-).

- The two deregistered players cannot be replaced until the appeal process is completed.

Mate there’s no evidence of ‘sitting on hands’ just because there’s no running commentary. Let it play out...

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think she is quoting that to defend Pay, by giving him an excuse that he lost two players unexpectedly and that needs to be taken into consideration when judging his performance. They the board should have had more balls with CHN or at least replaced both players quicker than what they did but this lot seem to prefer the comfort that excuses provide
Then why is she saying we shouldn't of shot ourselves in the foot by reacting emotionally

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Holbrook has been at the titans for 5mins. Pay has had 3 years.
OK, so another assumption that a different coach would’ve had a different result with the same squad. Fair enough but no evidence either way.

A

Alexander the Great

Hopefully the minority can get themselves heard and if they can't they might have to find other people to run with.

If things don't start happening soon I'd put my signature down to force a EGM.

They only need a 100 for a the Rival ticket and id say they have more than enough at the moment.
Lets hope it doesn't get to that stage and they work magic in the next few weeks.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is this an assumption or has it been published somewhere?
It’s what I’ve been told by someone whose input I respect and have no reason to believe they have any reason to fabricate. I can’t answer whether it’s been ‘published’ - I don’t know and haven’t looked.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me guess that someone is Lyn Anderson. If you speak to her again tell her to sack herself and bring someone in who knows what there doing.
It’s what I’ve been told by someone who’s opinion I respect and have no reason to believe they would have any reason to fabricate. I can’t answer whether it’s been ‘published’ - I don’t know and haven’t looked.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The biggest mistake this board has done is giving Pay a one year extension last year.

They should of nipped it in the bud an had a new coach to start this year. I don't care who that coach would have been, they sure would of been better than Pay at least.

They should of signed Holbrook when they had the chance and given him a 3 year deal.

That way there would have been stability in our camp and would of been much easier to sell a rebuild plan to potential star players being recruited.

Big Big stuff up. This board isn't a proactive board that is willing to make the hard decisions. They have no clue.
Most supporters, without agendas, called for that last year. We knew by mid 2019 that ties to an ineffective coach must be cut to be ready to recruit by Nov 1 2019 for 2021 roster. It takes that long in planning with the roster we have.

But others wanted to hang on to Pay.

We do that again....we will be in exactly the same sheet fight next year.

It really should be obvious to everyone by now surely.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Let me guess that someone is Lyn Anderson. If you speak to her again tell her to sack herself and bring someone in who knows what there doing.
No and highly unlikely.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They only need a 100 for a the Rival ticket and id say they have more than enough at the moment.
Lets hope it doesn't get to that stage and they work magic in the next few weeks.
I always thought it is 25% of the voting members needed to force a EGM.

I think there's around 1500 members so they would need somewhere between 350-400 depending on the actual number of members.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s what I’ve been told by someone whose input I respect and have no reason to believe they have any reason to fabricate. I can’t answer whether it’s been ‘published’ - I don’t know and haven’t looked.
Fair enough. Considering they have been sacked it doesn't add up to me they are only appealing the de-registration.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
that is the problem of board factions , parra only improved thanks to the government booting them all and now they have independents and going forward their shouldn’t be board factions .
This about blaming previous board etc is factionalism at its worst and it’s all about power and not the club
But all the footy board are part of the Anderson faction arent they so they dont need to worry about factions affecting their decisions. Its a totally bizarre situation.

Must be these so called "power brokers" on the edges who are fed up, like us, of idle and ineffective management.

Unfortunately be prepared for yet more fracturing within, and with out, the club :(