• No

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Would wait to see who was on the rival ticket

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On nrl 360 last night it was poor deano the clu b is just screwing him over etc just delusional
I think there was a bit of bad feeling cos Lynne spoke to SMH and not the Telecrap. The story was posted about 7:30pm so they thought they’d get a dig in just before.

Crawley just can’t get over the club not signing Reynolds and keeps saying they could’ve got him “for a song”. From the bits I’ve heard elsewhere the club wanted to get him for a song but the Tiggers didn’t want to play along (so to speak).

I’m sure Pay knew the shit sandwich he was getting, and he’s big enough and ugly enough to cope if he gets the arse.

It’s a Nike moment...Just Do It!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What scares me is that it might take us just as long to get our shit together now, because of dumb ass decisions this board has put into place
100% my bro. I don't think we will even get close to a premiership until 2025-27.

Also even if a new board gets elected, they will blame their failings on the previous board, just like the current board are doing now.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasnt her best speech to mention those clubs and 5 years. But the point is as expected. She wasnt going to say the coach is under pressure.

If im not mistaken, election is after next year. Either they sell the idea of we need more time or show some improvement next year. Dont think buying more time is possible considering it was a big job just to get ppl to wait till the 4th year to see some results. My opinion is they know we have to improve next year. I believe the stories from last week were correct, unless pay can win next few games, they wont take risk with him next year. That my opinion.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i can understand where she is coming from, Arthur and Ricky were in the same situation as Pay, their clubs stood by them and they are now in the top 4 teams in the comp. The $100 question is Pay as good as Arthur and Ricky, from what i am seeing in our game plan at the moment, the answer is no. Pay has been handed a raw deal and they are conscious of that, Des and Dib fucked up our roster and he has had to inherit that.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can understand where she is coming from, Arthur and Ricky were in the same situation as Pay, their clubs stood by them and they are now in the top 4 teams in the comp. The $100 question is Pay as good as Arthur and Ricky, from what i am seeing in our game plan at the moment, the answer is no. Pay has been handed a raw deal and they are conscious of that, Des and Dib fucked up our roster and he has had to inherit that.
‘difference is other than the odd bad year , their teams we’re improving year on year , whether play style , individual players or team performances and results

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% my bro. I don't think we will even get close to a premiership until 2025-27.

Also even if a new board gets elected, they will blame their failings on the previous board, just like the current board are doing now.
that is the problem of board factions , parra only improved thanks to the government booting them all and now they have independents and going forward their shouldn’t be board factions .
This about blaming previous board etc is factionalism at its worst and it’s all about power and not the club

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
‘difference is other than the odd bad year , their teams we’re improving year on year , whether play style , individual players or team performances and results
yeh cant argue with that, lets hope with thompson now in the team we play a faster up tempo game instead of the structured out the back crap which clearly isnt working.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate lost and confused, we had a foundation

Klemmer
woods
Mbye
Morris
Morris

they let them go are paying there contracts and who did we get in return.
If Des had not been sacked I think we would have kept Klemmer & Woods. Not sure about the others, I was very happy to see the back oh Mybe.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest mistake this board has done is giving Pay a one year extension last year.

They should of nipped it in the bud an had a new coach to start this year. I don't care who that coach would have been, they sure would of been better than Pay at least.

They should of signed Holbrook when they had the chance and given him a 3 year deal.

That way there would have been stability in our camp and would of been much easier to sell a rebuild plan to potential star players being recruited.

Big Big stuff up. This board isn't a proactive board that is willing to make the hard decisions. They have no clue.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We could be like manly after northern eagles took them 4-5 years till they came good again I.e 2007 from 2002 they were kinda shit.
Feel embarrassed for thomson, hope the boys dig in and make his first game worthwhile. We always play good against the rabbitohs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The biggest mistake this board has done is giving Pay a one year extension last year.

They should of nipped it in the bud an had a new coach to start this year. I don't care who that coach would have been, they sure would of been better than Pay at least.

They should of signed Holbrook when they had the chance and given him a 3 year deal.

That way there would have been stability in our camp and would of been much easier to sell a rebuild plan to potential star players being recruited.

Big Big stuff up. This board isn't a proactive board that is willing to make the hard decisions. They have no clue.
Now there is talk they are thinking about doubling down with another 1 year deal for Pay!

I don't think Pay is the coach we need but I would rather the club re-sign him for 3 years then what they are doing now. At least it would show us they have a plan that they believe in and they back themselves.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She invoked Gus’s “5 yr plan” mantra, and said we’re 2 1/2 yrs in.

Up until now is been she needs 2yrs of pain before we see an uplift. She’s now shifting the goalposts to save her job.

She admires Newcastle’s rebuild...they were spooners for 3 fucking years!

Is she seriously saying she is planning for us to be perennial losers for at least 2 more years?

If so, I can guarantee she’ll be out on her ear before that’s finished.
I think you're spot on actually. I went back and read her earlier statement from January https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/a-message-from-the-boss.115131/ and it talked about 2 years everywhere, now this one is mentioning 5 year plans so yeah, I think she's fishing for more time imo.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep the biggest annoyance to me is our jersey , how anyone would buy one is beyond me. No sponsor ? Fuck!!! Get your shit together they are dinosaurs you need to adapt to the new era! Even the sharks are now the sucessful club and were the new eels or west tigers.. 3 kennel members could get this team firing . Never hear from the board .. where the fuck is the replacement for chn and okunbir? If this was any other team Bateman would be lining up for us right now. SITTING ON YOUR HANDS DOES FUCK ALL EXCEPT GIVE YOU A ITCHY ANNOYING TINGLING SENSATION and this is all the board do just make us edgy and annoyed. Got until 2021 to get shit done, were nearly halfway through the year and have no big signings with this so called war chest . As I have said before we will pay overs for average players then 3 years of the same stuff. Just beyond frustrated we haven’t had excitement for ages. End of year was great last year but this year Would be worse then 2018.2019.. this is worse then 2008

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score

We have been very lucky to have good people on and off the field since the 80's
The other strong teams like Parra, Balmain, Manly and Canberra have all gone through the long rebuilding stages, that we had been able to avoid for so so many years.
Now because of these poor choices by this present board, we will be on the bottom for awhile I fear

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
whats next? admiring the gold coast titans or Warriors?

Lynn in 2028: look at the stats, it took 15 years for the titans to not be shit, that's what we need to do here because that's the only way

maybe Parramatta and Canberra are just better because they don't have pay as an assistant coach anymore?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I would have you fucking moron. What's the worse that can happen if we are over cap? We get the wooden spoon? Wow it's not like we are running last now is It you fucking idoit. At least Dib has business contacts. At least we always had a major sponsor.

Wake up moron and anyone that supports this inept board. No major sponsor and running last wtf. You can't get any worse then that if you tried.

What credentials did Lyn have before getting voted in. She sat on the titans board lol. The fucking titans serioulsy. And she gets voted in. Vote of no confidence please. The club is shambles. Way worse then anytime Dib was in charge. Who signed Pay you ask. Will who the fuck resigned him?
Would you have kept Dib you fucking idiot?

We would’ve been massively over the salary cap and who do you think axed Des and signed Pay?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now there is talk they are thinking about doubling down with another 1 year deal for Pay!

I don't think Pay is the coach we need but I would rather the club re-sign him for 3 years then what they are doing now. At least it would show us they have a plan that they believe in and they back themselves.
Stressful times for the minority on the board/in the club that have the same views as us the supporters.

There are people inside the club who are truly batting for us and know what needs to be done, the problem is they are the minority.

I smell an EGM happening....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Holbrook is 2 and 5
Pay is 1 and 6.
Hardly much better.
Can you imagine if Holbrook was 2 and 5 at the Dogs? TK would be up in arms saying ‘it was a mistake to sign Holbrook!’ :-).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stressful times for the minority on the board/in the club that have the same views as us the supporters.

There are people inside the club who are truly batting for us and know what needs to be done, the problem is they are the minority.

I smell an EGM happening....
Hopefully the minority can get themselves heard and if they can't they might have to find other people to run with.

If things don't start happening soon I'd put my signature down to force a EGM.