Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Would wait to see who was on the rival ticket

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
watching the decline the of the club I have loved since I was a ten year old kid has been heart breaking, but decline is one thing, these ***** are now killing the very spirit of the club. Shame on the fucking lot of you

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
On nrl 360 last night it was poor deano the clu b is just screwing him over etc just delusional
Saw that. As if they care, in fact they're happy to see us floundering so want him to stay.

Can anyone put up the video?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. And they did something similar with the re recruitment over the off season. Offering Lewis, hoppa, zelezniak a 1 year extension on their current deals. Was a huge head scratcher. It’s like they want 6 of one half dozen of the other, and that for me screamed uncertainty and no real vision or knowledge.

You would have rather start 2020. See how some of these players perform before throwing a new deal their way. They signed in 2019 for 2021. Silly mismanagement in my books. But I’ll hold out and see what they can muster in 2021 and 2022 before I blast them. Lots of whispers that we are looking at top recruits, which if pulled off should justify their decisions to date.

What will be a kick in the guts if 2021 becomes 2024 because “knights, parra, Titans” took that long.
Totally agree. A lot of what they do seem do is a stop gap option as they either don’t have a plan or they don’t execute their plan. They have had so long to prepare with this time and to hear so much uncertainty has the alarm bells ringing for me.

There’s no patience from me getting things in place for 21 they simply have to get a competitive roster in place. Another few years of being irrelevant in the NRL just can’t be accepted. I hope they get it done for next year but with comments like that from Anderson I’m skeptical.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Saw this coming from a mile away. All they've done since coming into power is made excuse after excuse to buy time...we're now approaching the promised 2021 and they're hitting us with more excuses because they've got nothing done.

The constant whining about the salary cap was embarrassing, yes it was no where near ideal but when you make signings like Meaney on 300k, Napa on whatever the fuck he's on and all those other bit part players on overs then no wonder things only get worse. "Analysis and stats" LOL. What the fuck type of analysis and stats we're in action during our recruitment?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate lost and confused, we had a foundation

Klemmer
woods
Mbye
Morris
Morris

they let them go are paying there contracts and who did we get in return.
Couldn’t give a fuck about woods and mbye and gurantee everyone here wanted them two gone

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree. A lot of what they do seem do is a stop gap option as they either don’t have a plan or they don’t execute their plan. They have had so long to prepare with this time and to hear so much uncertainty has the alarm bells ringing for me.

There’s no patience from me getting things in place for 21 they simply have to get a competitive roster in place. Another few years of being irrelevant in the NRL just can’t be accepted. I hope they get it done for next year but with comments like that from Anderson I’m skeptical.
The other worry is like you said being irrelevant for 2-3 more years might frustrate fans, but what’s the financial ramifications.

We are lacking a major sponsor, our leagues club must be at a record low turn over. There is a fear that irrelevance might put us on the chopping block to be moved or merged. With potentially another Brisbane team being pushed hard by ch 9, it will be survival of the fittest. It’s sad to think our once power house club could be a club that financially, corporate dollar wise and results wise could be seen as a bottom 3 team. I’ll guarantee you that the membership dollars will drop too (If they haven’t already). not many want to pay $300pa to watch a team that is not competitive.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think it's hilarious that they prioritise Pay's feelings over results and truly don't give a fuck about the fans. I've never seen a club so content with making up the numbers. Even the Titans show more urgency and ambition!
How could it have gone so wrong from the wonderful commitments of improvement and the winning culture returning to our Club, that they all made leading up to the 2018 election?

All hollow election promises at this stage and sadly it's been nothing but further and further decline :(

Not angry or sad any longer; just lost all faith and hope that Andersons and Pay can do anything meaningful to right the wrongs done to our Club.

At least a couple more years of treading water waiting for someone to run the club, top to bottom, in a professional, winning way.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Saw this coming from a mile away. All they've done since coming into power is made excuse after excuse to buy time...we're now approaching the promised 2021 and they're hitting us with more excuses because they've got nothing done.

The constant whining about the salary cap was embarrassing, yes it was no where near ideal but when you make signings like Meaney on 300k, Napa on whatever the fuck he's on and all those other bit part players on overs then no wonder things only get worse. "Analysis and stats" LOL. What the fuck type of analysis and stats we're in action during our recruitment?
It's gone way past analysis and stats...they did that when they first came in they told us.

Padding out the excuses with buzz words.

It is negligent management is all.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lyn Anderson has been married to Chris Anderson ( hopes ) tooo long.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club extended Pays contract for this year - nothing has improved - at this point there is no rational reason to continue with him in 2021. Yes the roster is weak, yes there was the CHN/JO fiasco - even forgetting about position on the ladder - the team is not improving, individuals are not developing skills n strength, recruitment is weak at this point. What would be the rationale reason to re sign Pay?

A lot will depend on Thompson - if he goes well and instills confidence in supporters and the team it will be a big plus for the current board BUT if he doesn't live up to expectations (whether realistic or not) the hole will get bigger.

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Liked what Lynne had to say.
There is a lot of pressure from the media and "fans" to sack the coach and most of the squad. I guess that's what the media is paid to do and fans are just reactionary. That's why we are on sites like this and not managing the club.
I like how the club is solid and are backing each other. Keep building, put some good people in and around the roster. No quick fixes.
After all the player loses and the Port Mac debacle we were aimed for our worst year.
Things are darkest just before the dawn, so stay strong.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told you. Garry Hughes is the answer...
How could it have gone so wrong from the wonderful commitments of improvement and the winning culture returning to our Club, that they all made leading up to the 2018 election?

All hollow election promises at this stage and sadly it's been nothing but further and further decline :(

Not angry or sad any longer; just lost all faith and hope that Andersons and Pay can do anything meaningful to right the wrongs done to our Club.

At least a couple more years of treading water waiting for someone to run the club, top to bottom, in a professional, winning way.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One man cant make that much of a difference. We thought DWZ would do the trick. Look how than panned out
The club extended Pays contract for this year - nothing has improved - at this point there is no rational reason to continue with him in 2021. Yes the roster is weak, yes there was the CHN/JO fiasco - even forgetting about position on the ladder - the team is not improving, individuals are not developing skills n strength, recruitment is weak at this point. What would be the rationale reason to re sign Pay?

A lot will depend on Thompson - if he goes well and instills confidence in supporters and the team it will be a big plus for the current board BUT if he doesn't live up to expectations (whether realistic or not) the hole will get bigger.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other worry is like you said being irrelevant for 2-3 more years might frustrate fans, but what’s the financial ramifications.

We are lacking a major sponsor, our leagues club must be at a record low turn over. There is a fear that irrelevance might put us on the chopping block to be moved or merged. With potentially another Brisbane team being pushed hard by ch 9, it will be survival of the fittest. It’s sad to think our once power house club could be a club that financially, corporate dollar wise and results wise could be seen as a bottom 3 team. I’ll guarantee you that the membership dollars will drop too (If they haven’t already). not many want to pay $300pa to watch a team that is not competitive.
Spot on! Those are some great points. We are already on the grave yard shift with Fox every Sunday night and barely get a look in with Nine so that’s hardly going to be something sponsors crave. Corona has probably saved the club from some embarrassing crowds too.

Being competitive does solve a lot of these problems though and there’s no excuses now.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fancy admitting you admire those 3 teams...last thing Bullfrog would say let alone even think it.
Coming out and saying you admire other clubs. We are the fucking bulldogs ! We are suppose to be strong and feared. Fuck pumping the tyres of others teams.
Did she publicly just say that she admires our biggest rival Parra?

Wow
1980, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1995, 2004 Premierships and 12 GF's in 40 years. That's your fucking benchmark. Admire Parra and Newcastle? And someone on here suggested the Roosters, who the fuck do you think Nick modelled them on???

What is Anderson and the board waiting to see from Pay? What is another month or two of games going to show them that they don’t already know? I sincerely hope this is a delaying tactic and they have already made a call on Pay one way or another.

If they haven’t decided on Pay we are in for a world of hurt. Being so indecisive at such a critical phase in the recruitment is a recipe for disaster. They won’t be signing much while the coaching position has so much doubt surrounding it. 2021 is heading for another wasted year at the point unless someone at the club starts leading and making decisions and making them now.
Spoonman, this has been my major concern since last year. Good leaders lead and they make decisions, not always the right ones but they make them. I said a couple of weeks ago that the rhetoric appeared to change and now it was in 2021 things would start to get better and not by 2021.

We cannot wait to find out that our bucket of money didn't magically attract 4 or 5 superstar players or even if we did, that Dean is still not up to it.

Sadly this current situation brings out the utterley stupid suggestion by some of Dib 2.0.

Somebody in there needs to be making decisions and not excuses.

Sign Shaun Wane, or sign Bennett or Griffin as football manager. But do it now and rebuild the club on our history not some other crap club.

NOW.. Not tomorrow, not by November, not by June 30 2021 and not a month before the next board elections as they will all be too late.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Liked what Lynne had to say.
There is a lot of pressure from the media and "fans" to sack the coach and most of the squad. I guess that's what the media is paid to do and fans are just reactionary. That's why we are on sites like this and not managing the club.
I like how the club is solid and are backing each other. Keep building, put some good people in and around the roster. No quick fixes.
After all the player loses and the Port Mac debacle we were aimed for our worst year.
Things are darkest just before the dawn, so stay strong.
They aren’t backing each other if they backed Pay they would have signed him by now. They are just treading water and wasting valuable time that should be used building next years roster.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On nrl 360 last night it was poor deano the clu b is just screwing him over etc just delusional
I didn't watch NRL360 last night, but to me it proves the hatred much of the media have for our club, you always find excuses for the individual (he/she can go work for another club anyway) but the club cannot, so if you hate it, do it as much as possible by blaming it and not the incompetent individuals working for it.
Spoke to a very senior person at the club prior to the 2018 elections, and I mentioned the hatred against our club by pointing out a number of examples. The answer I received was that it was Dib who had alienated the media, the NRL and much of the RL public by his actions, implying that their team would change all that, well they won and for what ever reason we have not earned respect from anyone involved with the game.
I believe that Dib wanted, and the Andersons want the club to succeed, and felt that they had to bend over backwards in order to earn the club respect, yet the hate accumulated since the SL war has IMHO not waned one little bit, and this has a lot to do with our club's current problems.
I could write a book on the derogatory comments made against our club by very high profile RL personalities, not to mention the pleasure displayed by most game commentators when our club loses a game.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spoonman, this has been my major concern since last year. Good leaders lead and they make decisions, not always the right ones but they make them. I said a couple of weeks ago that the rhetoric appeared to change and now it was in 2021 things would start to get better and not by 2021.

We cannot wait to find out that our bucket of money didn't magically attract 4 or 5 superstar players or even if we did, that Dean is still not up to it.

Sadly this current situation brings out the utterley stupid suggestion by some of Dib 2.0.

Somebody in there needs to be making decisions and not excuses.

Sign Shaun Wane, or sign Bennett or Griffin as football manager. But do it now and rebuild the club on our history not some other crap club.

NOW.. Not tomorrow, not by November, not by June 30 2021 and not a month before the next board elections as they will all be too late.
I have nothing to add Baz you nailed it. Decisions have to made and made now.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why doesnt Lynn look at our own club for inspiration, like 2008/2009?
Wooden spooners to finishing 2nd the following year!!!
As for Deano, stop with this sad clown routine, no one had a gun to your head to sign up for the head coaching role. No wonder the look from the players looks of hopelessness.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are the old Parra.

Putrid, unfunny joke of a club.
What scares me is that it might take us just as long to get our shit together now, because of dumb ass decisions this board has put into place