News Thompson will make final call on Bulldogs debut, says Pay

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Pay forgotten he is coach? Thompson plays if you say he's playing, that's what a coach does ffs.
It looks like Pay wants him to play, but left it up to Thompson to have the final say whether he feels match fit.

I’m pretty sure that’s what most coaches would do.

Then again, he keeps letting Reimis take up a centre spot, so it could be either way.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't let Thompson have the final say, he may look at the team lineup & put himself back into Quarantine

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In my unprofessional opinion I’d say he shouldn’t play him this week. I feel what is it 4 months since his last game? And he did 2 months or so of isolation followed by locked in a hotel for 2 weeks.

Talk about being under done. Let the guy acclimatise to the club. Let him get some contact and running. Let him get some km into his legs. And let him wrestle and defend and talk to humans face to face before we rush him into the team. Still have 10-12 games to go this season? We are no chance of making the finals. No point to rush him on a sub par surface and risk injury.

I know I have mentioned this already. But I am starting to hate the field at bank west. And to make it worse we are the last gams after another 2-3 games this weekend. Hope they are relaying some turf this week as Peter Moore field looks much better then it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A week in our centre of "excellence" should fix him up lol

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it won’t surprise me if Averillo follows suit at this rate.!!
The incredible part of all this is the Roosters will have space in their salary cap to buy Thompson & Averillo plus some spare cash just in case Sunny Bill Williams wants to return.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
In my unprofessional opinion I’d say he shouldn’t play him this week. I feel what is it 4 months since his last game? And he did 2 months or so of isolation followed by locked in a hotel for 2 weeks.

Talk about being under done. Let the guy acclimatise to the club. Let him get some contact and running. Let him get some km into his legs. And let him wrestle and defend and talk to humans face to face before we rush him into the team. Still have 10-12 games to go this season? We are no chance of making the finals. No point to rush him on a sub par surface and risk injury.

I know I have mentioned this already. But I am starting to hate the field at bank west. And to make it worse we are the last gams after another 2-3 games this weekend. Hope they are relaying some turf this week as Peter Moore field looks much better then it.
I kind of agree with this. As much as I want to see him play at the end of the day it won't change our season. My concern is for injury due to not running or contact work in so long. Rush him in I fear we may break him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The sad part is here pay has no idea and everyone knows napa should be coming off the bench and renouf/thomo and tols should all be starters but no doubt renouf will get shafted again by pay

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol great post and spot on. Dwz also told Pay his playing fullback.
Smith already tells Pay he’s playing centre
Montoya probably told him he was playing this week as well, Holland no doubt benched himself.... Pay’s weak as piss

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has Pay forgotten he is coach? Thompson plays if you say he's playing, that's what a coach does ffs.
He hasn’t played in over three months.i would put him on the bench and at least give him two 20 min stints

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I kind of agree with this. As much as I want to see him play at the end of the day it won't change our season. My concern is for injury due to not running or contact work in so long. Rush him in I fear we may break him.
Exactly.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've got mixed feelings about this. He's a quality player and he should add some grunt to our pack when he plays. But he's been restricted to fitness training for a long while and playing him this week will be an increased injury risk.

But the team is desperate for some wins, so I think they'll take the risk. So I respect that Pay is leaving the decision to Thompson.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Always like Sterlo’s pragmatic take on things, makes sense and I agree...although I don’t think we’re expecting miracles, I’m personally hoping he has a very positive impact on the team...
He's just asking the journos to give him a break and fans to be realistic.

Said he's no Sam Burgess....bugger.

Here's hoping he sets a bar thats at least somewhat close to our past standards and the times when we didn't have all these very poor players that excusers tell us we have atm.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great leadership Pay lol fk this tent show get worse every week under the current ring master

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No use risking him this week, get some k's into his legs and some contact, there's still 12 games to go after this week.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If he gets a start on the bench, Pay will probably forget he’s there and not use him anyway...

That’s usually how his rotations work...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay will unleash him for the Broncos game.

We'll probably get a bounce with our performances like we did with DWZ. However it will return back to the same old rubbish until we get a proper coach in.

I'm not bagging the signing but it's about what system Thompson steps into. Will his strengths be utilised? Will he form combinations with key spine players? Unfortunately the system we have right now is masterminded by an out of depth board & coach.