Opinion Absolute madness

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Worst part about losing is hearing dean pay in the press conference talking about some of the “quality players” that we played against.
And about needing 3-4 quality players.
All I hear is quality players quality players quality players every week

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We replace an slimy prick in Dib with an old senile fool living off her father's legacy... What a mess.
We owe a massive debt to the Moore family, they made this club a powerhouse which gave us all those glorious memories... the only fault I can think of after taking over from the diabolical mess Hasler left the club was not finding a world class coach and struggles with major sponsorship (the latter being the fault of player conduct and bad timing with Covid crippling businesses).

We will get our situation sorted out, trust me on that.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
- No significant player improvements in 3 years
- No Structure, no game plan
- 3 years in a row starting the season in a shambolic way
- shit fitness
- average recruits ( Meaney, cogger etc.)
- no hooker
- Tolman on the 4th
- shocking interchange rotations
- terrible player selections, players playing out of position (favouritism)
- non existent support play
- Dead last
- halves who can’t pass a ball
- holland
- 76 points in 7 games this year
- shit defensive structures
- recognised hooker not even playing
- players regressing
- non existent attacking skills
- can’t execute a simple game plan
- uninspiring press conferences (Clueless)
- Piss poor attack for years
- No sponsor
- club not attractive to potential recruits
- basic football skills non existent
- No direction
- No leaders
Well Dean Pay said he was going to bring the madness..

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a game with the odds stacked against us. Contact me when we have a level playing field. Until then try supporting your team and stop sweating the little stuff.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- shit fitness
- no hooker
- Tolman on the 4th
- Dead last
- holland
- players regressing
- No sponsor
- No direction
- No leaders
Your my hero!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
As fucked as dib was... Guarantee if he was still here and we rode through the same mess he helped create we'd be better off than we are currently
We need to bring him back.

He and Des were antibiotics and when you start a course, you need to see it through till the end, not stop after a few days or your in all sorts. We are in all sorts. They needed to see out their dangerous game they were playing. And it was a dangerous game. This was the result of hitting the cash out on the complex bet.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe pay could have been successful if we had world class commercial people working for the dogs, a world class ceo
We owe a massive debt to the Moore family, they made this club a powerhouse which gave us all those glorious memories... the only fault I can think of after taking over from the diabolical mess Hasler left the club was not finding a world class coach and struggles with major sponsorship (the latter being the fault of player conduct and bad timing with Covid crippling businesses).

We will get our situation sorted out, trust me on that.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
- shit fitness
- no hooker
- Tolman on the 4th
- Dead last
- holland
- players regressing
- No sponsor
- No direction
- No leaders
My heart tells me “be patient , we will rebuild , the squad we had can’t be helped, good things to come” .
Then I see a lack of game plan , players playing all over the place, cogger as utility ? Zero attack with the exception of the Foran show and slow - which some defense still fall for.
Tollman and Nappa - our big name forwards are too slow to play the ball and make zero post contact meters. They were too slow before but got away with it a little in the old rules, now it’s just a joke. We were clearly better up front with RFM and Toamonga and Sue. Much more mobile, actually make more than 8 mtr a hit up and quick play the balls.
At the moment not a lot of options in the spine but with hoppa out I would go
Averilo at fullback
Foran five eight
Waltham seven
Lewis dummy half. (Gotta do something in this space ) Marshall way too slow , Holland was quick in attack but defense terrible .

Thoughts ???

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolute madness is tuning in every Sunday at 6.30pm
it’s a bit like that. I never missed matches, but for my own sanity I do now.
Used to take comfort in the fact that even if we weren’t winning the comp, for a long time we were the best Sydney team...

Then the best Western Sydney Team ....

Sad times for the once mighty doggies

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My heart tells me “be patient , we will rebuild , the squad we had can’t be helped, good things to come” .
Then I see a lack of game plan , players playing all over the place, cogger as utility ? Zero attack with the exception of the Foran show and slow - which some defense still fall for.
Tollman and Nappa - our big name forwards are too slow to play the ball and make zero post contact meters. They were too slow before but got away with it a little in the old rules, now it’s just a joke. We were clearly better up front with RFM and Toamonga and Sue. Much more mobile, actually make more than 8 mtr a hit up and quick play the balls.
At the moment not a lot of options in the spine but with hoppa out I would go
Averilo at fullback
Foran five eight
Waltham seven
Lewis dummy half. (Gotta do something in this space ) Marshall way too slow , Holland was quick in attack but defense terrible .

Thoughts ???

Why the fraud Lewis at 9 and not an actual 9 like katoa May I ask?

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why the fraud Lewis at 9 and not an actual 9 like katoa May I ask?
Good call. I had forgotten about Katoa. Was just thinking Lewis can defend in the forwards and might steer the attack around. It’s been so long since we played an actual 9.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
More p
Good call. I had forgotten about Katoa. Was just thinking Lewis can defend in the forwards and might steer the attack around. It’s been so long since we played an actual 9.
Have no idea how Katoa will go but he is an experienced dummy half who is getting paid, what? $130,000? out of our salary cap to sit around on game day. Crazy stuff.

We've had JMK, Holland, Cogger, requiring major reshuffles and positional changes of the lineup, picked before him.

On that alone Pay needs a kick up the pants and please explain from the football club board.

That alone speaks to them all being inept and negligent in their duties towards the team and CB Club.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
My question is why are they still waiting, it only gets worse if they keep stalling
I am sure they aren't waiting. They just have not sealed a deal with someone yet. You can't just throw money at some coach and then they are magically now your coach. We are a shitstorm of a club so I am sure it will take a lot of convincing to get someone good here.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure they aren't waiting. They just have not sealed a deal with someone yet. You can't just throw money at some coach and then they are magically now your coach. We are a shitstorm of a club so I am sure it will take a lot of convincing to get someone good here.
I'm sure that's the case. As much as people like to put shit on the board (myself included), at the end of the day they're not morons. If they were happy with Pay they would have given him a 2 year extension last year or at least they would have given him a 12 month extension by now, especially when you consider the detrimental impact not having a coach for next year would be having on our recruitment. Hopefully they're just going through the whole song and dance of a negotiation and we can get the deal done soon.
I think coaching our club isn't as bad as it looks as by the end of next year, 25-26 our of top 30 players are off contract so there might be 12 months of pain and then in 2022 it should be looking good

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dean Pay is shit but a lot of the things outlined in this thread are the fault of Des and the old board. They took a massive gamble in back ending heaps of contracts and paying overs for other people to win a premiership after we got so close in 2012.

2012 was our year, 2014 was a pipe dream. The cracks were already showing before the finals in 2014, and after that failure it all just fell to pieces and we were stuck with an overpaid team that would take years to sort out.

Next year is basically when we can start fresh. 2015 to 2020 was always going to be a write off, it just took us until 2017 to really realise it.

All we need to do is get a good coach who can attract players (this needs to happen asap) and allow that coach to build a new team with all the money we have. If we get stuck with Dean Pay for another year, we won't attract the right players and we will end up throwing some stupid amount of money at someone in desperation and we won't be a force. So this is our new boards first do or die test, I really hope they pull it off.
Still felt with Bellamy or Robinson with our 15/16 squad we could have done something but alas

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure that's the case. As much as people like to put shit on the board (myself included), at the end of the day they're not morons. If they were happy with Pay they would have given him a 2 year extension last year or at least they would have given him a 12 month extension by now, especially when you consider the detrimental impact not having a coach for next year would be having on our recruitment. Hopefully they're just going through the whole song and dance of a negotiation and we can get the deal done soon.
I think coaching our club isn't as bad as it looks as by the end of next year, 25-26 our of top 30 players are off contract so there might be 12 months of pain and then in 2022 it should be looking good
I stopped reading at “they aren’t morons”