John Bateman

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we are truly the "Family club" then that's the deal breaker. That's what we did better than others once upon a long time ago.
Thats no good. Hopefully the dogs can do do something to help his family out. I am sure he would like to be with Thommo and play alongside him.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel like he is a chance of staying in Australia even with the offer from Wigan as he may not be able to play over there even next year with the COVID-19 resurgence. If he is unsure whether he might want to go back to England the dogs could let him have a get out clause after say 2 years? Still beneficial to the dogs IMHO. We need to sign players like him to encourage others we are headed in the right direction.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I feel like he is a chance of staying in Australia even with the offer from Wigan as he may not be able to play over there even next year with the COVID-19 resurgence. If he is unsure whether he might want to go back to England the dogs could let him have a get out clause after say 2 years? Still beneficial to the dogs IMHO. We need to sign players like him to encourage others we are headed in the right direction.
the thing in our favour also is that the english cap is about a 3rd , and Wigan already have some expensive players on their roster already. He will get alot more staying in Australia regardless.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
$2 Mil for 3 years is a steal but I find it hard to believe that it’s accurate. Reigning Dally M back rower of the year right? From a team that nearly won the Comp to the cellar dwellers with speculation around the coach. Something doesn’t add up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The dogs need to be smart here and say look we will sign you for 3 years... But you can have the option to leave after 1 year if it gets too much and you wanna go back home. Keep that abit hush and then maybe he's the first big signing we make that entices others to sign... At this point if he signs then leaves but 2 quality players join because he's come to us then that's an absolute win based on what we currently have

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would he move to another NRL club? Surely if it wasnt to go back to England then he would stay at the Raiders.

Im really worried about his shoulder injuries, we dont want another Foran situation.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would he move to another NRL club? Surely if it wasnt to go back to England then he would stay at the Raiders.

Im really worried about his shoulder injuries, we dont want another Foran situation.
You been asleep mate? He wants more money than what raiders are willing to pay him...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would be a good signing but it probably won’t be long term. I just see him lasting for two years before he is homesick and wants to return to England.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You been asleep mate? He wants more money than what raiders are willing to pay him...
Honestly, Ive barely payed attention to whats going on in the NRL this year, after the shit our team has served up, the only footy news I get is when i check the forums a few times a week.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
the thing in our favour also is that the english cap is about a 3rd , and Wigan already have some expensive players on their roster already. He will get alot more staying in Australia regardless.
Last I heard they wanted to make him one of their two marquee players outside the cap, the problem was they already had two. Burgess and someone else.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly, Ive barely payed attention to whats going on in the NRL this year, after the shit our team has served up, the only footy news I get is when i check the forums a few times a week.
That’s fair enough mate... sometimes I wish I could do the same... just a blue and white tragic...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Y'all acting like this Bateman brutha Is here in chains yo.
He came on free will! A lot of this '4 my kid' thang is just playing it up for PR.

You best believe that.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He came on free will! A lot of this '4 my kid' thang is just playing it up for PR.

You best believe that.
Are you calling done deal then?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am expecting the Dogs to announce him soon. The way Pay was talking in the press conference on Sunday it seemed to me that there was a new signing imminent. The timing seems to suit. Bateman wouldn't have quit before he'd organised another club to go to.
Let's hope so mate.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You best believe that.
man why u talking like that