John Bateman

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest asset which Bateman will bring is his desire to win.
Just get him here asap.
Get Jake Friend and a centre and we're pushing for the top 8 again.
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Cotric / Gildart / Sailor / A. Hopoate / Hiku
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. Friend
10. Napa
11. RFM
12. Bateman
13. Jackson
14. JMK
15. To'omaga
16. Elliott
17. Ogden / Britt / Sue
I think Remis proved he can play center when given early ball from Foran! I’m happy to see how he goes! He has sizes up too! And has heaps of mongrel!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Remis proved he can play center when given early ball from Foran! I’m happy to see how he goes! He has sizes up too! And has heaps of mongrel!
What mongrel? Knees to the head because he gets outplayed every game due to him being shithouse? Lol. The bloke can’t stand up any other centre 1 on 1. That in itself makes him a shit centre

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What mongrel? Knees to the head because he gets outplayed every game due to him being shithouse? Lol. The bloke can’t stand up any other centre 1 on 1. That in itself makes him a shit centre

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup plus he can’t (or won’t) pass to his wing, he’s a winger only.

He is in danger of becoming Montoya 2.0

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless she moves over here. But you are right I highly doubt he stays in Australia much longer. I struggle just going to work for a few hours and being apart from my little girl. Let alone being on the other side of the world.
Bateman is going home, put your house on that! Have you ever lived apart from your child?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Unless she moves over here. But you are right I highly doubt he stays in Australia much longer. I struggle just going to work for a few hours and being apart from my little girl. Let alone being on the other side of the world.
no one made him come to oz in the first place.

he's just chasing pussy and cash.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canberra star John Bateman will leave the Raiders at the end of this season.

The injured back-rower officially informed the club of his intentions this morning.

The likes of Canterbury and St George Illawarra are pursing the 26-year-old England international while his former club Wigan are also set to offer Bateman a massive deal to bring him home.

While technically not off-contract until the end of next year, Bateman had a unique deal with the Raiders which allowed him to renegotiate each year.

He starred for the Raiders in his first season last year playing 23 games. But he is yet to take the field in 2020 because of an ongoing shoulder problem.

The Raiders are also facing a battle to keep Nick Cotric at the club, who is also off-contract at season’s end.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...0/news-story/b55e0b7bc8fd0feeb09e4d30e19883ab

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I just have a feeling he will go back home......

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we were going to sign him, surely it would have happened by now or will happen soon.

It's more likely he heads back home or joins Saints to replace Frizell.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we can Jag Bateman To play along side Thompson it’ll be a great coup. throw in the possibility of Cotric and that’s a decent mix of experience and talent. With those signings the club starts looking appealing again to other players.

Last edited:

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Looking like Thompson, Bateman, Hastings and Cotric next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes please... Maybe Addo Carr as well.

1. Hopoate
2. Addo Carr
3. Cotric
4. Smith / Averillo
5. DWZ
6. Hastings
7. Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. JMK / Katoa / Cogger
10. Napa
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

14. Averillo / Katoa / JMK/ Cogger
15. RFM / Sue
16. Toamanga / Ogden
17. Britt / Stimson

Happy with that for 21 with money to spend for 22

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea which way this will go ?
Not too sure extra year on offer back in Wigan would be tempting, but If he keeps playing well at the dogs a similar offer would still be on the table fell for Wigan in three years time, I know the dogs are very confident he will sign but will be interesting to see

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh, he could still play multiple years in SL post a stint with us. Hope we get him, think he would lift standards at the very least

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So Looking like Thompson, Bateman, Hastings and Cotric next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes please... Maybe Addo Carr as well.

1. Hopoate
2. Addo Carr
3. Cotric
4. Smith / Averillo
5. DWZ
6. Hastings
7. Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. JMK / Katoa / Cogger
10. Napa
11. Bateman
12. Jackson
13. Elliot

14. Averillo / Katoa / JMK/ Cogger
15. RFM / Sue
16. Toamanga / Ogden
17. Britt / Stimson

Happy with that for 21 with money to spend for 22
I'd be happy with Bateman, Hastings and Cotric. Have absolutely no interest in JAC, waste of money. Buy a hooker or hold the cash and wait for a more ideal player to hit the market.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Bateman, Hastings and Cotric. Have absolutely no interest in JAC, waste of money. Buy a hooker or hold the cash and wait for a more ideal player to hit the market.
Id be over the moon with those 3 but would @AlzzBulldog ?

JAC is a waste of money for me as well. If can’t get anyone else sure but he’s a luxury for a good team I reckon.