Opinion The board

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Please save us. Why holbrook or someone was night sighned earlier is, i wont start they have failed in everyway imo.
They have no ace up there sleeve or anything going on behind the scenes.
Why wasnt the new fucking coach here last xmas. But next week would be a good start.
Ive been watching manly fuck these clowns.
Pretty simple Einstein.
The ‘new’ coach wasn’t here ‘last Xmas’ because there was a coach under contract for this year. You know, the one you played for, the one you said you support, the one you said ‘would surprise a lot of people’. Yeah, him :-).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I can’t agree more with your first two points and your last point is my major concern too. There’s already been some questionable re-signings till the end of 21 made and I think there could be more made just to fill the roster in a attempt to buy more time.
That's another fear. We retain most of the current squad with a few journeymen signings sprinkled in just to spend the 95% and they somehow spend the "war chest" without really improving the squad..

It's almost impossible to fuck up the 2021 roster if you know what you're doing but they seem to be making a pretty good fist of it.

They inspire no confidence that they won't butcher it completely. Hopefully they pull some rabbits out of their ass because it's looking pretty grim right now and I don't trust that they know how to identify talent.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hey mate.

I think you should have a read of this as I don't think you actually know why we're where we're today.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...ase-big-names-until-2021-20180517-p4zfz3.html

Our previous board F'd us hard and we're trying to rebuild back to where we were under Des.

I'd also like to say that we're paying overs even if Bellamy is our coach. Our current roster isn't attractive. Money is the only incentive.

I was the same as you back in 2018 and that's how I came across this forum as I was looking for answers.
The only thing that’s different since that article of 2 years ago is Anderson (resigned), Farrar and McDonnell (sacked) and Costa (unsure) are all gone now. Interested to know who apart from Pay and Hill are now on the recruitment and retention committee.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fkn spot on

The baffling thing is by hook or by crook we are without the following players;

CHN
Okunbor
Montoya
Smith
Hoppa

Yet we’ve only brought in Thommo

Are there plans to bring in reinforcements before the cut off date?

Like you say just because we have a full cap doesn’t mean shit for 2021 especially if we still lack leaders at the top.

Why would any quality/superstars want to join this mess especially with the indecisive leaders at the top

Coach next year?
Will this board still be here?
No major sponsors?
Losing culture last 3 years...

All that adds up to little stability to a player so unless we overpay they won’t come ...Thommo is unproven in the NRL (wait and see) if he plays like a dud in 2020 that ain’t helping future recruitment on other players either
Well said given the weaknesses in our roster players had to be bought in this season to bolster the squad. Pay said he was comfortable to use the players he had at the club already but the results disagree with that.

The club is losing credibility and appeal with potential signings by the week. Even some hollow end of season wins won’t sugar coat this turd again.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's another fear. We retain most of the current squad with a few journeymen signings sprinkled in just to spend the 95% and they somehow spend the "war chest" without really improving the squad..

It's almost impossible to fuck up the 2021 roster if you know what you're doing but they seem to be making a pretty good fist of it.

They inspire no confidence that they won't butcher it completely. Hopefully they pull some rabbits out of their ass because it's looking pretty grim right now and I don't trust that they know how to identify talent.
I’m not sure if they will butcher it completely they will probably land somewhere in the middle where they make some signings but there’s still gapping holes in the roster. I just can’t see where they are going to get players in some key positions the cupboard is empty in some positions especially hooker.

Landing in the middle isn’t good enough either. We need signings just to be competitive let alone even thinking about building a team capable of finals football or a premiership.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the whole “bulldogs DNA” idea for the board after Hasler was an over correction we bought in an outdated board with outdated ways of doing things, it’s generally know that Chris Anderson is running the recruitemt from behind the scenes after his business went bust no real connections or modern identity within the league I fear for the future of our proud club

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This board needs to go asap.

Last time I checked Manly also had heavily back ended deals and were never this shit. JuSt WaIt FoR 2o21

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should go one step further, lyn a
Great post mate, I think Pay, if he really does love the club and wants to help us build for the future, should fall on his sword.

That at least will win back some support from the fans!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have lost a lot of confidence in the board with some of the decisions they have made, the communication and the DNA rubbish they went on about. However they did say early on that 2021 would be the first year of "full" salary cap. One thing that could make or break the board, among other things will be the performances of Luke Thompson - if he goes well, shows some class n determination and is well received off the field the "light" in that tunnel will get brighter, BUT if he proves to be a dud n doesn't live up to expectation the pressure will be immense.

A

Alexander the Great

Please save us. Why holbrook or someone was night sighned earlier is, i wont start they have failed in everyway imo.
They have no ace up there sleeve or anything going on behind the scenes.
Why wasnt the new fucking coach here last xmas. But next week would be a good start.
Ive been watching manly fuck these clowns.

They never had a ace up their sleeve. Lucky to have a 2 pair at best

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd be looking to get Greenturd back. Then get Gould in to do a review on the football side and make those recommendations. I'd keep Hill. He played a big role in getting the Thompson deal over the line (considering how shit we are) he is the only one who doesn't seem out of his depth.

Get a Rugby League director who runs the football side of things. Greenturd & Hill get the finances, sponsors & deals of players over the line. Rugby League director (Buderus is doing a role like this at the Knights)

We need a footy brain to make sure we get value for money on signings and set a wage structure within the roster. Either that or we get a top coach who can manage wage structure & recruitment.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope someone is out there putting a rival ticket together. This board is there for the taking. They won't last long. They have done nothing besides send us backwards. Dead last on the ladder with no major sponsor. What a shambles. Surly there has to be a vote of no confidence. Time to put to petition together to get them removed.

A

Alexander the Great

They are/is. We are fucked

I really hope someone is out there putting a rival ticket together. This board is there for the taking. They won't last long. They have done nothing besides send us backwards. Dead last on the ladder with no major sponsor. What a shambles. Surly there has to be a vote of no confidence. Time to put to petition together to get them removed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let’s say there’s a vote of no confidence or the current board does nothing and gets turfed at the election then we want the replacement board to be legitimately better then the current one. Getting votes just because the former board was so bad hasn’t really done us much good with the current board.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust this recruitment team. DWZ & Napa are flop signings. Not the key areas that need to be fixed yet big money was wasted on these two.
Napa yes but DWZ definitely not, bloke busts his arse each week, sure he has some handling errors in him but it’s from having a red-hot go, compare him to Meaney who has 0 errors but plays like a pea-heart each week.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need proper business acumen on the board not past players or board members who sit out of spite. The other pre requisite must be a passion of the sport and our history.
Let’s say there’s a vote of no confidence or the current board does nothing and gets turfed at the election then we want the replacement board to be legitimately better then the current one. Getting votes just because the former board was so bad hasn’t really done us much good with the current board.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely loosing faith day by day, hour by hour, second by second..!!!

some news, of a coach sacked or players signed, or a the way they intend to get the Mighty Bulldogs out of this rut we are/have been stuck in for years.!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need proper business acumen on the board not past players or board members who sit out of spite. The other pre requisite must be a passion of the sport and our history.
Could not agree more. The more varied the backgrounds and experience of board members the better.