WWOS MOLE EXCLUSIVE: Struggling Bulldogs consider move for England rugby coach Eddie Jones

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just another bullshit rumour by the board to make out there actually doing something besides trying to find ways to pinch money off the club to repay chris and lyns huge fucking dept.
Starting to be concerned this is actually close to the reality. The inept way we are ran from the field; membership, sponsorships, recruiting (players actually fucking calling us) it is no shock to hear she was involved with the titans and their flopping previously. We all wanted the “family club” to be lifted by the great bullfrog. Sadly it’s looking so far from reality it’s heartbreaking.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get ready for short kick re-starts and players lifting Tolman to catch the ball of kick-off

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
we will win the ball against the feed :dizzy:

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If true...
It means one thing, our management are more desperate then the previous management were when they signed Pay.
Sadly the writing is on the wall !!!
Veiled reference to cryptic graffiti around Belmore area ... hmmm
I’m going to find it and work out what’s going on. ( insert knowing wink)

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I call BS on this article. I have it on good authority that Delta Goodrem has been approached to coach the team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What’s the go with dymock? Never seems to get a chance. When he took over he got the boys firing, I think it was 5 wins from 8. If I remember first thing he did was drop JMoz to find some form
Jimmy 2021, true story.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Round an round we go.!!!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree with you there. Griffin had both the Broncos and Panthers playing good, consistent footy. I don't mind Pay staying on in some sort of capacity just not head coach.

We need a coach with plenty of First Grade experience and would offer Griffin a 2yr contract to begin with.
Nope Pay needs to fuck right off and be barred from entering the club ever again. Let him go sit on Parra’s stoop.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe the Warriors are keen on Fitzgibbon...
On Nrl Tonight on fox apparently Fitzgibbon had a meeting with Robinson and Politis last night and guaranteed them he wont be leaving before his contract which finishes end of next year.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not arguing we should keep Pay, so I’m not sure why we are talking about him. I’m arguing we should get the best replacement possible. I don’t think Holbrook is that person. Like I said, I’d be looking at getting talks with Fitzgibbon going.
Can I ask why you think Fitzgibbon would be better than Holbrook? They are both contracted until end of 21 but Fitzgibbon would be easier to break contract.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Can I ask why you think Fitzgibbon would be better than Holbrook? They are both contracted until end of 21 but Fitzgibbon would be easier to break contract.
Well, you can’t be sure until they get a first grade gig.... but he seems to be very well regarded by everyone at the roosters, has learned from one of the better coaches going around and has learned his craft as a key part of the set up of the best team going around st the moment and the first to go back to back in a long time. He comes from a winning culture and knows exactly what it takes to be successful in the toughest rugby league comp in the world.

I think the roosters are dodgy and there’s no way they are under the cap.... but there’s no doubt they are also a well coached team. We need someone who can help us rediscover that winning culture we once had and I think Fitzgibbon knows more about what it takes to succeed in the nrl than Holbrook. I don’t see why we would sign the unproven (let’s be honest, Super League is completely different to NRL) coach of one of the bottom ranked teams in the comp when we could try and get the assistant coach of the best team in the league. I also like the fact Fitzgibbon has ties to the best roster in the league and may even be able to attract some roosters players to jump ship. They do let players go occasionally... even if it doesn’t happen as often as it should.... and yes, I’m sure he would be able to get a release if he had the chance to take on a head coaching role.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kev Walters anyone?

Walker Bro’s?

Craig Fitzgibbon?

Jason Ryles?

Jimmy Dymock?

Brent Sherwin?

I’d even throw a bone to Jonathan Thurston or Cooper Cronk...

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kev Walters anyone?

Walker Bro’s?

Craig Fitzgibbon?

Jason Ryles?

Jimmy Dymock?

Brent Sherwin?

I’d even throw a bone to Jonathan Thurston or Cooper Cronk...
Kev Walters is a good option, especially if he can bring over Fifita

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, you can’t be sure until they get a first grade gig.... but he seems to be very well regarded by everyone at the roosters, has learned from one of the better coaches going around and has learned his craft as a key part of the set up of the best team going around st the moment and the first to go back to back in a long time. He comes from a winning culture and knows exactly what it takes to be successful in the toughest rugby league comp in the world.

I think the roosters are dodgy and there’s no way they are under the cap.... but there’s no doubt they are also a well coached team. We need someone who can help us rediscover that winning culture we once had and I think Fitzgibbon knows more about what it takes to succeed in the nrl than Holbrook. I don’t see why we would sign the unproven (let’s be honest, Super League is completely different to NRL) coach of one of the bottom ranked teams in the comp when we could try and get the assistant coach of the best team in the league. I also like the fact Fitzgibbon has ties to the best roster in the league and may even be able to attract some roosters players to jump ship. They do let players go occasionally... even if it doesn’t happen as often as it should.... and yes, I’m sure he would be able to get a release if he had the chance to take on a head coaching role.
Some valid points for sure, especially about the fact he brings a winning culture.

My issue is that he has really only been an assistant at the Roosters. He also has basically only been in and around the Roosters system with all the advantages, comforts and familiarity that comes with that.

How would he handle moving to a whole different club, culture and system without any known support or trusted/familiar faces around to advise and support him. Under normal situations it wouldn't be such an issue but we are going through a shit storm so it isn't so simple.

Also, is it such a good idea to give such an inexperienced and untested coach access to a "newly minted" cheque book, not the Roosters reported "blank" cheque book.

I thought Holbrook was a good choice FROM 2020 because he has coached in the Bulldogs system, has experience in several clubs systems, has also worked with the current super coach Robinson (granted before their current success) and also had 2 years as a head coach with the full responsibility that entails. Sure it was for an ESL team but arguably their most successful and demanding team's.

I don't think our situation at the moment is suitable for a first time head coach without any support from an experienced " coaching director" or whatever you want to call them, or already having some knowledge/support base within the club.

A seasoned campaigner would have the skills and experience to navigate but a rookie would struggle given the circumstances.

In the end, neither will be coaching the dogs in 2021 sadly