How we conceded tries against the Tigers

Who are you blaming the most for this result?

• Players

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Pay

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Other (previous or current board, etc)

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But you posted 2 or 3 ! I honestly don't see the need on here for the constant exaggeration. It simply diminishes your point, which wasn't a bad one.

What is missing is that between them Foran and Tolman use up what 4 or 5 decent NRL level players would in Cap space. Then for 1 or for 2 years we were possibly denied Cap space for the 3 or 4 players that weren't even playing for us. We might have had a 30 player roster but we had to fit it into effectively a ~20 man Cap. That ends this year of course.

Go Dogs
Thanks . Between you and Brady I won’t miss a beat of info

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost...Again.
Do u think Bellamy would put up with this shit? It wouldn’t matter what players he’d have, Bellamy would improve them as any good coach would.
This is pays 3rd year and there has been ZERO improvements, in any area. IMO he’s not a good coach.
The standard example of why you are wrong Elliott. Of course there are more, but you say zero and most on here wouldn't argue with Elliott having improved.

Of course Bellamy wouldn't put up with it. that's why he didn't apply last time the coaching position was declared open. Unlike Maguire who actually looked at the numbers and ran away, Bellamy didn't need to.

Go Dogs

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looks like players with no direction. Looks like players with no discipline. Looks like this lack of discipline falls from poor conditioning. Looks like these players havnt been trained properly.
Used too many words for most of the rabble here to understand.

Anyone who thinks this is a roster issue should delete their account please.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stop embarrassing yourself
That means nothing to me if you don't tell me what you disagree with from my OG post. If you're just going to attack or belittle me with no for or against that's pretty lame imo.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1st Try
1. Error (drop ball) - Wakeham
2. Two slow props in cover defence/broken play

Bullshit try - Wakeham blunder

2nd Try
1. No kick pressure on Brooks - RFM lazy at marker jogging, Britt jogging
2. Error (drop ball) - Holland

Bullshit try - Holland blunder

3rd Try
1. Foran flys in, isn't a dominant tackle
2. Miss tackle - Sue
3. This is ridiculous, one of RFM or Foran had to wrap up the ball

Bullshit try - how can't four defenders stop a player having a second dig when already over the try line? The ball is the most important thing when over the line...

4th Try
1. Penalty (high tackle) - Foran (Nofaluma ducked into it - bullshit penalty)
2. Holland and DWZ probably should of done better there, Talau still had a lot of work to do

Game over at this point

5th Try
1. Intercept - Foran, all or nothing play

6th Try
1. Wakeham falls for the worst dummy ever by Brooks, gives the Tigers ~50 metres.
2. Players out of position/offside, bad read/tackle by Foran who's on the wing - didn't trust Elliott on Leilua

7th Try
1. Penalty (high tackle) - Napa
2. Six again penalty - DWZ
3. Bad tackle by JMK (who had support from Holland), playing out of position, out muscled by Doueihi

I'd also like to add that we completely lost the ruck. Too many quick play the balls from the Tigers and Grant took advantage of that and carved us up. We also had no ball, especially in the final third so we didn't even get to see an attack.

Losing our most influential player in attack/scoring tries this season a couple of minutes in was also a massive blow. We also had to reshuffle our team. DWZ was also last man in defence on a couple of the tries, we know Hopoate is better defensively.

Overall the result and scoreline wasn't good enough. A couple of bullshit tries at the start really set the scene.

If you have something constructive to add (I can miss things) you can post in the comments.
What makes you think constructive comments are of any use. We are fans who have absolutely no say in anything so if someone wants to blow up or even if they are just happy to support this crap, that’s their choice.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What makes you think constructive comments are of any use. We are fans who have absolutely no say in anything so if someone wants to blow up or even if they are just happy to support this crap, that’s their choice.
When I did this for a previous game a few people pointed out some things that happened in the game, or leading up to a try, that I missed. I'm just encouraging that. If I still see it differently, no harm.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on, that's where we really miss CHN, he could fill in at centre. Let's face it Hopoate hasn't missed a game since 2017, so anticipating him going down wouldn't have been on any anyone's radar. On the bench we had the pretty standard mix of 2 props in Sue and To'o, a second rower Britt (not really back material) and Cogger as the back up back. Plenty on here bitch about us even having one back on the bench, they want all forwards.

Looking at his leg speed maybe Thompson can be our back up centre.

Go Dogs
Yes mate agree re hoppa but that reshuffle with JMK at centre was happening with any of our outside backs going down .

And that’s a shit plan

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We lost...Again.

Do u think Bellamy would put up with this shit? It wouldn’t matter what players he’d have, Bellamy would improve them as any good coach would.

This is pays 3rd year and there has been ZERO improvements, in any area. IMO he’s not a good coach.
Agreed,
Bellamy would -
Have this team fit, instantly better.
Have this team disciplined = competitive, composed, less dumb footy, less sloppy mistakes, less penalties.
Have this team push up in defense, executed with first 2 points above
Would have these players backing up, kick chasing.
Would formulate and execute with training staff how to bring out the best in individual players 'to the best of their abilities'
Would use the off season to execute the points above.

Brenko Lee was a dumb footballer with us. Now he is doing his job. He isn't great but I'm yet to see him let his team down.

Its not all about winning, its about getting the most out of the side and improvement. Winning will follow.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Adding to what everyone saying
Our defense used to be top notch. It's gotten worse since Pay took over

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That means nothing to me if you don't tell me what you disagree with from my OG post. If you're just going to attack or belittle me with no for or against that's pretty lame imo.
What’s lame is you calling their tries ‘bullshit’
We got outplayed across the park and our pack got treated with disdain by their pack (who were missing a couple starters)

Granted , Hoppa was injured but are we really a one man team? Last time I looked you had 16.

We looked gas like we always do and slow and lethargic, no one pushed up in support and nobody running with purpose (DWZ, Elliott aside)

You need to stop making excuses for a poor effort last night

The vision of the game doesn’t lie nor do the miss tackles and drop ball stats /repeat 6 and penalties

Making excuses for every try conceded ...the players, coaching staff all involved need to be accountable and stop making fkn excuses like you are

No cattle’

Show some fkn backbone that’s what this club is built from ...effort not rolling over and giving up

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But you posted 2 or 3 ! I honestly don't see the need on here for the constant exaggeration. It simply diminishes your point, which wasn't a bad one.

What is missing is that between them Foran and Tolman use up what 4 or 5 decent NRL level players would in Cap space. Then for 1 or for 2 years we were possibly denied Cap space for the 3 or 4 players that weren't even playing for us. We might have had a 30 player roster but we had to fit it into effectively a ~20 man Cap. That ends this year of course.

Go Dogs
Roosters lose Tedesco, Morris, Radley and Verrills on game day and still had players filled in. Even if we had those 4in our team we would still get flogged.
The Cap is not the problem, following on from this boards direction and Haslers structures plus Cleals recruitment is at fault.