Tommy Talau (son of Willie) was ex Bulldogs SG Ball captain...

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah so we are struggling for quality players and Tommy Talau puts in a blinder game last night against us. He was being fed good inside ball from Josh Reynolds...

Are we becoming a club were our own juniors dont want to play for us?

Is our game plan to feed our front rowers the ball on the 4th tackle?

Am I just frikkin super frustrated?

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah so we are struggling for quality players and Tommy Talau puts in a blinder game last night against us. He was being fed good inside ball from Josh Reynolds...

He went okay he scored 2 tries 1 he only had to fall over the line the other he beat holland who is an out an out spastic who wouldn’t make our Harold mats team he knocked the ball on a couple times he went alright he didn’t have a blinder

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He didn't leave because he didn't want to play for us, he left cause his old man didn't get the Flegg Coaching gig, so he cracked the shits, left and took his kid with him.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, Tommy had a great game, pitty the father/son name couldn’t remain in the blue an white. Another sure fire miss for us, whatever the reason.!!!

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are the same as most clubs in that regard.
Juniors move on. But we are seeing some very alarming stats now that our recruitment staff have no idea who to keep.
JMK??? why is he in first grade when we have bought 2 hookers and not used them at all of the last few seasons.
FMD useless staff off the ball does not help at all

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He didn't leave because he didn't want to play for us, he left cause his old man didn't get the Flegg Coaching gig, so he cracked the shits, left and took his kid with him.

Go Dogs
His Dad is coaching the Dragons 20's team. McDonnell got him a development + top 30 deal at Wests. He was pushed through a season earlier and has looked good. Helps that they took his brother and will probably get his other brother from us also.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't rate him on a game against a z grade team let's see how he goes against quality

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah thought he looked good, but no use crying over split milk. The club has oppotunity to rebuild over the next two seasons. But we need to lock in who the coach is going to be soon.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When the board said they want to become a development club did they mean develop players for other teams..

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Solid looking lad also. Will be a tank!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Heard he moved on for the reasons mentioned above. Willie Talau didn't get the coaching gig he wanted so he encouraged his son to depart. Shit happens. We're seeing a better class of juniors trickle into our NRL side now. Hopefully the trend continues as we restock the team with a few game breakers. Time will tell. No us lamenting the ones that get away.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His Dad is coaching the Dragons 20's team. McDonnell got him a development + top 30 deal at Wests. He was pushed through a season earlier and has looked good. Helps that they took his brother and will probably get his other brother from us also.
I don’t know how McDonnell got him a contract at west when McDonnell was our Recruitment man at the time talau was here. . he was an aus schoolboy and McDonnell offered him a rubbish contract that’s why he left . your right about his dad but

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t know how McDonnell got him a contract at west when McDonnell was our Recruitment man at the time talau was here. . he was an aus schoolboy and McDonnell offered him a rubbish contract that’s why he left . your right about his dad but
took a stab in the dark lol

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He went okay he scored 2 tries 1 he only had to fall over the line the other he beat holland who is an out an out spastic who wouldn’t make our Harold mats team he knocked the ball on a couple times he went alright he didn’t have a blinder
I read Holland in your post and straight away i felt hot flushes like my blood pressure was rising. I think im suffering from PTSD. Not even joking. Lucky you didnt have Wakeham in the same paragraph or i wouldve needed a valium.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We desperately lack centres and in the space of 12 months we loose talau, lemeulu to cowboys and now harper....
Yet Talau and Lemeulu have tasted first grade. Yet we persist with the likes of Montoya, Holland and smith at centre.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Not correct. Tommy’s manager (& some within the Club) thought he should be in the Top30 or development contract at the very least. Powers to be decided there were others in front of him. Manager went to market & the Tigers swooped. Younger brother Lachlan (Australian Schoolboy) gun utility/hooker has also signed with the Tigers.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

But didn’t pay say that the young guys need at least 50 to 60 games to come good or something