Pay Extension

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm saying if a top coach is available we should be ruthless. If a top coach isn't available I have no problem with Pay, like I've said 100 times I think he's done a good job considering everything. When the roster is more competitive on paper I'll have higher expectations on the team and Pay. If Pay doesn't get to coach 2021 I'll never know.
I’m better than pay

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your a fucken clueless dog straight out how you sit here and still stick up for that useless coach is beyond me. He lost his fullback he moves his hooker to centre ? That alone shows what a dud coach he is. Pay needs to go. It's embrassing seeing this club at the bottom.
What would you of done?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The players play the game and we have a shit roster. I already told you we beat the Dragons when we were underdogs. We'll win at least one other game this year where we're the underdogs.
Wow so two wins on the season? Amazing! Does that classify as overachieving?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wow so two wins on the season? Amazing! Does that classify as overachieving?
You're really good at picking and choosing. I said at least. Before a ball was kicked we were expected to finish 15th (I don't know why you keep making me tell you this). So for the retards out there that means if we finish 14th we've finished higher than expected, if we finish wooden spoon we finished lower than expected. If we finish 12th, that's overachieving. The eye test is important too as it isn't all about ladder placement.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The players are putting up a fight tho, they just aren't good enough. If they can get a top coach they will, I think Bennett would get a couple more wins a season out of this roster tho.
How is the team putting up a fight when you lose three games in five weeks by 30 points or so?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How is the team putting up a fight when you lose three games in five weeks by 30 points or so?
Roosters game after 25 minutes = good.
Sharks game = good. I think we should of won.
Tigers game = bad.

Not too bad considering what's expected from us. Even tho our roster is shit, we're losing because of six agains, penalties and errors. I'm just going to tell you again, I find it hard to blame the coach for that.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
WE dOnT HAve ThE CaTTle lmaoo that’s been the excuse for 3 years now
Why did we lose all of our best players AlzzBulldog? What was the time frame before we could get back into the transfer market (properly)? If next year is the same shit I'm with you, until then it's premature.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is a genius can't believe no one sees it. Kick chase and support play we only gas us out. Especially with this new 6 again rule. It's all about conserving energy. If our kick chase and support play is good we will fatigue quicker. Good thinking Mr Pay.
Apparently kick chase, support play and fitness has nothing to do with coaching.. not to mention bench rotation.. it's all the "cattle's" fault..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Roosters game after 25 minutes = good.
Sharks game = good. I think we should of won.
Tigers game = bad.

Not too bad considering what's expected from us. Even tho our roster is shit, we're losing because of six agains, penalties and errors. I'm just going to tell you again, I find it hard to blame the coach for that.
I have nothing against you, but I'm sure you have a trophy cabinet full of these...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why did we lose all of our best players AlzzBulldog? What was the time frame before we could get back into the transfer market (properly)? If next year is the same shit I'm with you, until then it's premature.
Maybe we lost them due to having a shit board and coach ruining the joint?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe we lost them due to having a shit board and coach ruining the joint?
Really? I think we lost them because our previous board and management tried to get a jump on the salary cap rising multiple millions and it turned out not to be the case. To make it work they back ended contracts with ratchet clauses and we had to get rid of all of our wanted best players while also paying them to play elsewhere as their salaries weren't what they were worth. Those are some pretty tough circumstances/conditions ending up having to field a team that's really ~6-7m out of a 9.8m salary cap. I'm sorry, but anyone that doesn't know this is the situation isn't allowed to have an opinion on where we're right now.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both Morris boys are at the Roosters for under $300k each for season 2020 LOL ...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Really? I think we lost them because our previous board and management tried to get a jump on the salary cap rising multiple millions and it turned out not to be the case. To make it work they back ended contracts with ratchet clauses and we had to get rid of all of our wanted best players while also paying them to play elsewhere as there salaries weren't what they were worth.
I'm on no boards side, both are fucking rubbish and deficient in many aspects.

The problem that people are ignoring is why the fuck are we even talking about the board? You never hear anything about the top clubs boards. If a board is getting talked about it's only because they are shit and a cancer to the club.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see it now, pay signed for 2021 and no one signs . The new excuses will be

Due to covid stopping lower grade competitions , younger talent has come through and unable to magically use the war chest to buy a new side as every other side trying to buy up talent and due to coming last unable to sign anyone . Have to give pay till 2022 he will be able to attract players then because a reserve grade comp will be played in 2021

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm on no boards side, both are fucking rubbish and deficient in many aspects.

The problem that people are ignoring is why the fuck are we even talking about the board? You never hear anything about the top clubs boards. If a board is getting talked about it's only because they are shit and a cancer to the club.
Yes, our previous board was and they basically killed our team/club for three years. This current board is trying to clean up the mess and get us back to where we were under Des (top eight almost every year).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can see it now, pay signed for 2021 and no one signs . The new excuses will be

Due to covid stopping lower grade competitions , younger talent has come through and unable to magically use the war chest to buy a new side as every other side trying to buy up talent and due to coming last unable to sign anyone . Have to give pay till 2022 he will be able to attract players then because a reserve grade comp will be played in 2021
Then the current board isn't re elected. No excuse why we can't get a competitive (in or around the eight) roster for next year. Yes, we have to pay overs.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm saying if a top coach is available we should be ruthless. If a top coach isn't available I have no problem with Pay, like I've said 100 times I think he's done a good job considering everything. When the roster is more competitive on paper I'll have higher expectations on the team and Pay. If Pay doesn't get to coach 2021 I'll never know.
So you believe Pay with better cattle will be a better coach?