Official Call for Calm re: Wakeham Part 2 (2020 Edition)

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Weren’t you one of the many who blew their load over Wakehams farcical Golden Boot nomination? I’m sorry but that alone cements your footy IQ in the negatives mate.
As per usual the facts elude you but go ahead and play whatever tune suits your narrative, but the fact remains pay is gone,you where wrong about the bloke, and this club is at it’s lowest point in living memory, but go ahead and keep banging your drum no one gives a shit, you’re about as relevant on this forum as nasheed

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
As per usual the facts elude you but go ahead and play whatever tune suits your narrative, but the fact remains pay is gone,you where wrong about the bloke, and this club is at it’s lowest point in living memory, but go ahead and keep banging your drum no one gives a shit your about as relevant on this forum as nasheed
Don’t insult @Nasheed

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I have a lot of respect.

as for Wakeham, I've never felt he is much of a player. All my sympathy for him has been because this forum keep telling me how good he is. I just see a generic halfback to be honest.
And my insider says he has a lot of attitude issues.

im starting to warm to my own idea fro yesterday and that is to sack our halves and start fresh. This Burton bloke looks good everyone says so why not.

mum happy with a Foran/Burton/Lewis rotation in the halves and a Grant/JMK rotation at hooker.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I missed much of the match thread. But is blaming wakeman actually a thing?

if I recall correctly Foran is on $1.2m and doesn’t leads our attack. Not a first receiver or a dominant half at all. Dwz is not a fullback. How Pay thought ‘Marshall to centre’ was actually a thing? Fair enough he has no cattle at all to begin with. Losing our only decent centre when we had no centre’s at the beginning is a big issue.

Wakeman didn’t have a great game. But not like anyone else did. Actually Elliot did tried his heart out. And did everything at 100mph. We still need astute purchases. And I thought first week of Foran he was underdone. Second week I think we got up? 3rd week he was a little quiet. And now the 4th week. The guy isn’t a creator or ball dominant. He will work well next to Pearce, cleary, dce etc. but he isn’t a 7. Simple as that. He needs a creative and ball dominant player to shine. He is a 5/8 from 20 years ago. The classical running 5/8.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger was my first choice halfback out of the current crop and that still stands.
I’d like to see Foz/Cogger and see how that goes. Nothing else has worked.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is young but hes not ready for NRL.. and Cogger and Lewis arent up to NRL either..

There selection is on Pay.. time for him to get a halfback..

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you still want to give Pay his extension. Since we bringing up past threads and all. Like the one you created last week after the sharks game. Remember your comments about how this team fights for each other. Are you still keen on giving him an extension? What about your comments about how well Pay is coaching since we are not coming last... oohh wait a second we are.
Rather than smugly bumping the old thread and embarrassing 95% of this forum, I’ll simply start this one and await the apologies to fly in.

I’ll reiterate my points from last year. His kicking game is extremely substandard, his defence is suss, and international performances against PNG and Lebanon are not form references for the ability to deliver at first grade level. The ludicrous hype around him was completely unjust.

The Kennel can now officially retire from the Wakeham circle jerk and move on with our lives.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you still want to give Pay his extension. Since we bringing up past threads and all. Like the one you created last week after the sharks game. Remember your comments about how this team fights for each other. Are you still keen on giving him an extension? What about your comments about how well Pay is coaching since we are not coming last... oohh wait a second we are.
Yes mate I’ve got no issue with a 1 year extension. I’ll judge him on what he does with our 2021 roster.

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Turn it up Brad. The Tigers are paying him 900k/year. It was good business that we didn’t come anywhere near that offer.

If we did then this period of decline would be ongoing until 2031.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think cogger is the 7 to partner foz wakeham needs time

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you're using Wakeham as the scapegoat for this loss in his 7th game but Lewis deserves no criticism for the 40 plus shit games he's played?

This thread once again how you death ride certain players as much as anyone and have as big an agenda as anyone else on here.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As per usual the facts elude you but go ahead and play whatever tune suits your narrative, but the fact remains pay is gone,you where wrong about the bloke, and this club is at it’s lowest point in living memory, but go ahead and keep banging your drum no one gives a shit your about as relevant on this forum as nasheed
I’m happily one of a select few on this forum who are actually dealing with facts and reality.

And this is pretty hilarious coming from you who responds to just about every post I make. How much rent do I owe you for that space in your brain I’ve been occupying? PM me your bank details Rex, I’ll pay up.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tonight's game showed that Reynolds is still better than all of the halves at our club and Mbye is a better centre than any of the cenres at our club.

The state of this rebuild is worse than 'Murica right now

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m happily one of a select few on this forum who are actually dealing with facts and reality.

And this is pretty hilarious coming from you who responds to just about every post I make. How much rent do I owe you for that space in your brain I’ve been occupying? PM me your bank details Rex, I’ll pay up.
Enjoy your champagne champ
Cheers