Pay Extension

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who’s gunna want this team for the remainder of the year? The resume will read something like 0-13 by season end and that’s not a great look for anyone wanting a full time coaching gig. Maybe for some publicity and to take some focus off the fact that the squad is just not upto 1st grade standards, we can run a comp and have celebrity coaches or a Bankstown Maccas give away, buy a Big Mac and go into the draw to coach for the wk. Now that’s bringing back the madness haha

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last year he and the team overachieved. There is no way for you to argue that. We were predicted/tipped for the wooden spoon and finish 12th and a couple of points outside the eight.

I still think Pay is doing a good job overall and if you were to go through how the Tigers got into positions for their tries I think you'll find like every week it's because of six agains, penalties and errors. The team was gassed so the score blew out.
I was going to post a "LOL GTFO" kind of response, but will try to be constructive. How and why do you think he's doing a good job?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently kick chase, support play and fitness has nothing to do with coaching.. not to mention bench rotation.. it's all the "cattle's" fault..
It’s embarrassing that the coaching staff believe in what they are doing is good enough for a professional setup.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your profile should be a donkey! Just saying
Are we really sinking the boot into the coach after tonight?

Underdogs before kick off. We lost our best player in the first 5 minutes causing a massive reshuffle. Wakeham who everyone on here bangs on about being the man to change our attack was absolute disgraceful.

Nah let’s blame the coach.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
enough of the andersons and this so called bulldogs dna shit, pay is an ordinary coach, even with ordinary players they should show they can play footy, can attack a line, can defend, what we have is a rabble, poorly coached clueless rabble

andersons brought him in they need to move him out, at the same time the whole canterbury club board need to be pur on notice

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was going to post a "LOL GTFO" kind of response, but will try to be constructive. How and why do you think he's doing a good job?
Every game except Cowboys, Manly and tonight's game I've been happy with. I know the scoreline against the Roosters wasn't pretty but I analysed the start of the game and every try was because of a six again, penalty and error (similar to tonight actually). I find it hard to blame the coach for six agains, penalties and errors. The main thing I'm judging Pay on is if the boys are putting in effort and playing for him. That's what I see and what almost every analyst sees (which means more to me than you guys opinions, sorry). We've been underdogs in every game we've played, we beat the Dragons which is a win that wasn't expected. I had realistic expectations going into the season based off roster and I feel for you guys because you didn't and now you're gobsmacked. Just some more thoughts on tonight, we lost our most influential player in attack, Hopoate, a couple of minutes in and a player called Holland, who's not going to be here next year, dropped about four balls which lead to good field position or a try. We had literally no ball due to six agains, penalties and errors and were gassed because of it.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The re-signing of this alleged coach by this current board is far worse than his signing by the original board.
I still can't believe these clowns re-signed him, only getting worse in every department. As I keep saying we're on track to be the new Parra with a bunch of old boys running the club into the ground.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every game except Cowboys, Manly and tonight's game I've been happy with. I know the scoreline against the Roosters wasn't pretty but I analysed the start of the game and every try was because of a six again, penalty and error (similar to tonight actually). I find it hard to blame the coach for six agains, penalties and errors. The main thing I'm judging Pay on is if the boys are putting in effort and playing for him. That's what I see and what almost every analyst sees (which means more to me than you guys opinions, sorry). We've been underdogs in every game we've played, we beat the Dragons which is a win that wasn't expected. I had realistic expectations going into the season based off roster and I feel for you guys because you didn't and now you're gobsmacked. Just some more thoughts on tonight, we lost our most influential player in attack, Hopoate, a couple of minutes in and a player called Holland, who's not going to be here next year, dropped about four balls which lead to good field position or a try. We had literally no ball due to six agains, penalties and errors and were gassed because of it.
Mate, good response.
Don't feel sorry for me/us though.
Nobody here has unrealistic expectations (in my opinion). We want improvement and development.
Both are sorely lacking.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The re-signing of this alleged coach by this current board is far worse than his signing by the original board.
Exactly, it was dead obvious he wasn't good enough and the coaching department needed an overhaul. Either these ***** don't have a clue or they simply don't care and have written off the last few seasons as a cost saving measure.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nepotism runs rife at this club. Honestly no more jobs for the boys. Best person should get jobs NOT best mates.
Exactly, it was dead obvious he wasn't good enough and the coaching department needed an overhaul. Either these c*** don't have a clue or they simply don't care and have written off the last few seasons as a cost saving measure.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck off with that shit already.. if you can’t see it yet, you are far beyond any help
Well said I can't believe believe people still think he can coach,in 3 years we have gone backwards,he bought in Meaney,cogger,Britt,Stimson,have they improved,better still have any of our players improved,under pay,that is 1 sign of a good coach is when he brings improvements in players,and the team

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
To'omaga not coming on in the first half doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not defending that. Our starting prop's are shit so maybe Pay's pushing them to get more out of them (not going to happen, because they're shit). I'm not an expert but you sub both your starting props off 20-30 minutes in, give the benches a stint in the middle and sub your starting props back on in the second half. Elliott's playing 80 minutes because he's a freak.
Mate in all honesty Elliot is not going that good. Yeah he tries very hard but his first up contact was largely ineffective.. there was one tackle tonight he struggled to put Brooks on the ground. I think he has regressed in terms of his physicality.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently kick chase, support play and fitness has nothing to do with coaching.. not to mention bench rotation.. it's all the "cattle's" fault..
Two words”Holbrook “ “Titans” enough said

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two words”Holbrook “ “Titans” enough said
Nevermind expecting improvements from our side.. I'm starting to see regression from a lot of players..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nevermind expecting improvements from our side.. I'm starting to see regression from a lot of players..
Exactly mate we have gotten worse year on year under pay and his failure to adapt to the rule changes has just magnified the ineptitude in all of our systems

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate in all honesty Elliot is not going that good. Yeah he tries very hard but his first up contact was largely ineffective.. there was one tackle tonight he struggled to put Brooks on the ground. I think he has regressed in terms of his physicality.
I don't agree with that, but we'll just leave it at that.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be patient guys. He's overachieving and doing a great job. No other coach could do better. Give Pay the three year extension his brilliant results deserve.

Some of you are delusional expecting anything better than a 30 point loss to such a brilliant fringe top 8 team like the Tigers.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My proposal still stands, if we make 3 top signings, I’ll leave lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Be patient guys. He's overachieving and doing a great job. No other coach could do better. Give Pay the three year extension his brilliant results deserve.

Some of you are delusional expecting anything better than a 30 point loss to such a brilliant fringe top 8 team like the Tigers.
You shouldn't twist what people say. I said we overachieved last year. This year we're going almost exactly as expected - predicted to finish 15th. We were underdogs in every game we played and we won one of them. If we had Koroisau and Ramien for e.g. we'd be 4/7. We don't have the roster, it's that simple. Until we get the roster my opinion isn't changing.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You shouldn't twist what people say. I said we overachieved last year. This year we're going almost exactly as expected - predicted to finish 15th. If we had Koroisau and Ramien for e.g. we'd be 4/7. We don't have the roster, it's that simple.
Oh that’s great we are 16th, because experts said so, it’s prophecy, biblical