News Inside Bulldog Thompson’s 31-hour journey to Belmore

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke Thompson is one of the biggest signings in the Bulldogs history. No wonder they aren't taking any chances with the star prop,

It's in Telegraph can someone post full article if possible

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The club is milking the absolute shit out of this as if it's the only big signing we're going to make.. lol

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury’s most precious cargo will arrive sometime before midnight on Sunday night.

Luke Thompson will hop in a car around 1pm on Sunday and embark on the nine-hour drive from Melbourne to Sydney.

It will complete 31 hours of travelling time for the English prop to finally arrive at his new home. That journey started in England two weeks ago when the 25-year-old left for Australia, before spending two weeks in a Melbourne hotel in forced quarantine.

“It was weird,” Thompson said of the flight to Australia. “It was like I was on a spaceship. All the air hostesses were wearing white spacesuit-like outfits. The plane only had three people on it. The airport was empty.”

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Bulldogs recruit looks set to start in Round 8 after arriving in Sydney. Picture: Getty Images.
Melbourne‘s Crown hotel has been his home the past two weeks. Unable to leave the hotel room, Thompson has stuck to a routine which has included training with a gym set-up by the Bulldogs.

“It’s not been too bad,” Thompson said. “I suppose the toughest thing has been being on my own, not being able to see anyone.

“My breakfast comes at 7am. That gets me up nice and early and then I’ll usually Facetime the girlfriend for an hour or two before she goes to bed.

“Then I’ll start training. I’ll usually do a few weights session and a Wattbike (trainer) bike session. Then I’ll have a few zoom calls with people at the club sorting stuff out.

“You don’t need much to put a good workout together. I’ve got a few dumbbells varying in weights. I’ve got a barbell and some weights to put on that. The hotel staff brought me up a gym bench.

“The first day I got here, the food wasn’t the best. It’s got on track after that. We get three meals a day. They’ve been upping my portions. I’m getting a portion for two each meal.”

The marquee forward Thompson is one of the biggest signings in the Bulldogs history.
Thompson spent the rest of his time watching recent NRL matches, studying video clips the Bulldogs staff relayed to him and scrolling for something to watch on Netflix.

The Bulldogs opted to have Thompson drive back with a club official, with the gym equipment loaded in the car, instead of taking a risk by flying, given Victoria’s heightened COVID situation.

Thompson was surprised by the length of the drive but said it would give him an opportunity to “see a bit of Australia”.

He is unsure exactly when Bulldogs fans will get a first glimpse of their star signing but they will have to wait at least two weeks. Thompson will be joining his teammates at Belmore for the first time this week.

“I’ve not played for over three months,” Thompson said. “I’ve been keeping myself fit in isolation back home, giving myself a flogging at a field next to my house.

“There is expectation. The pressure I put on myself is the standards I set, to meet them every day with my training, diet and the way I live my life. I don’t look at the external pressure.”

Luke Thompson has spent the last two weeks training in isolation after arriving in Australia. Picture: Getty Images.
MORE NEWS

New watchdog to cut lengthy ASADA investigations

Game on! Bankwest surface gets all clear despite Roosters pain

Fellow front-rower Aiden Tolman was given the green light to return to Bulldogs training yesterday after his third COVID test came back negative on Friday.

Tolman is free to play against the Tigers today at Bankwest Stadium after missing the past two matches. He was forced into isolation after a staff member at his child’s school tested positive to the coronavirus.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/c6a55cc45e203b53036949f76e392b32

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury’s most precious cargo will arrive sometime before midnight on Sunday night.

Luke Thompson will hop in a car around 1pm on Sunday and embark on the nine-hour drive from Melbourne to Sydney.

It will complete 31 hours of travelling time for the English prop to finally arrive at his new home. That journey started in England two weeks ago when the 25-year-old left for Australia, before spending two weeks in a Melbourne hotel in forced quarantine.

“It was weird,” Thompson said of the flight to Australia. “It was like I was on a spaceship. All the air hostesses were wearing white spacesuit-like outfits. The plane only had three people on it. The airport was empty.”

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Every game of every round Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Bulldogs recruit looks set to start in Round 8 after arriving in Sydney. Picture: Getty Images.
Melbourne‘s Crown hotel has been his home the past two weeks. Unable to leave the hotel room, Thompson has stuck to a routine which has included training with a gym set-up by the Bulldogs.

“It’s not been too bad,” Thompson said. “I suppose the toughest thing has been being on my own, not being able to see anyone.

“My breakfast comes at 7am. That gets me up nice and early and then I’ll usually Facetime the girlfriend for an hour or two before she goes to bed.

“Then I’ll start training. I’ll usually do a few weights session and a Wattbike (trainer) bike session. Then I’ll have a few zoom calls with people at the club sorting stuff out.

“You don’t need much to put a good workout together. I’ve got a few dumbbells varying in weights. I’ve got a barbell and some weights to put on that. The hotel staff brought me up a gym bench.

“The first day I got here, the food wasn’t the best. It’s got on track after that. We get three meals a day. They’ve been upping my portions. I’m getting a portion for two each meal.”

The marquee forward Thompson is one of the biggest signings in the Bulldogs history.
Thompson spent the rest of his time watching recent NRL matches, studying video clips the Bulldogs staff relayed to him and scrolling for something to watch on Netflix.

The Bulldogs opted to have Thompson drive back with a club official, with the gym equipment loaded in the car, instead of taking a risk by flying, given Victoria’s heightened COVID situation.

Thompson was surprised by the length of the drive but said it would give him an opportunity to “see a bit of Australia”.

He is unsure exactly when Bulldogs fans will get a first glimpse of their star signing but they will have to wait at least two weeks. Thompson will be joining his teammates at Belmore for the first time this week.

“I’ve not played for over three months,” Thompson said. “I’ve been keeping myself fit in isolation back home, giving myself a flogging at a field next to my house.

“There is expectation. The pressure I put on myself is the standards I set, to meet them every day with my training, diet and the way I live my life. I don’t look at the external pressure.”

Luke Thompson has spent the last two weeks training in isolation after arriving in Australia. Picture: Getty Images.
MORE NEWS

New watchdog to cut lengthy ASADA investigations

Game on! Bankwest surface gets all clear despite Roosters pain

Fellow front-rower Aiden Tolman was given the green light to return to Bulldogs training yesterday after his third COVID test came back negative on Friday.

Tolman is free to play against the Tigers today at Bankwest Stadium after missing the past two matches. He was forced into isolation after a staff member at his child’s school tested positive to the coronavirus.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/c6a55cc45e203b53036949f76e392b32
Thanks for that mate

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn’t need to wait 2 weeks to play
Who wrote this shit
Just like stating has been cleared to play today????
Fmd
Do people actually still need to go to uni to study journalism

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn’t need to wait 2 weeks to play
Who wrote this shit
Just like stating has been cleared to play today????
Fmd
Do people actually still need to go to uni to study journalism
One of my less bright mates has a degree in journalism/media studies. He's never had a job in the media though. At least half his assignments were the result of brainstorming sessions with me and and a mate I shared a place with in uni days. He'd also get one or the other of us to edit the assignment when he was done. I'm pretty sure he'd have those brainstorming/editing sessions with other people for the rest of his assignments. Neither of us had any background in journalism studies either, so I don't know how he got through the degree. But it gives me a low degree of confidence in the standard of intelligence required to be a qualified journalist.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: dogs of war is almost complete. One more forward with aggression and a strike centre. Toamaga to continue to build averillo to continue to build and Foran to stay healthy .... oh my

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: dogs of war is almost complete. One more forward with aggression and a strike centre. Toamaga to continue to build averillo to continue to build and Foran to stay healthy .... oh my
I’m soooo f@cking HORNY!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If that one forward is a gun hooker then I'm with ya

Last edited:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the bulldogs staff sent him video on DWZ hit on Moylan to study.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone needs to show him around the local food joints.. Garlic chicken etc..