TripleM Readys mail

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He said dogs r looking at resigning Foran
Unsure on term 1 or 2 years
I missed the next part but heard Girdler saying thats the bulldogs news. Anyone catch what else was said? @AlzzBulldog could you provide one of your famous accurate summaries?

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah great. Let's just get over the whole Foran thing. It would've been great if he came and conquered. But he is busted beyond repair it's time to use the money elsewhere.....

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just listened to this.

Ready said dogs have made contact with Cotric to play centre next year as Raiders only see him as a winger with both Scott and Crocker already pencilled in as their centres. Cotric expressed a desire to play centre and there’s interest from both parties.
Also dogs have made a three year offer to Bateman awaiting with it looking likely.
Dogs interested in Grant and have the most cash to offer him all depending if Cam Smith goes around again.
Lastly dogs will offer Foran a new contract for next year.
Edit: mentioned they are monitoring Curtis Rona aswell, forgot about that.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just listened to this.

Ready said dogs have made contact with Cotric to play centre next year as Raiders only see him as a winger with both Scott and Crocker already pencilled in as their centres. Cotric expressed a desire to play centre and there’s interest from both parties.
Also dogs have made a three year offer to Bateman awaiting with it looking likely.
Dogs interested in Grant and have the most cash to offer him all depending if Cam Smith goes around again.
These 3 would be great signings. I'd still prefer Fifita over Bateman though.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just listened to this.

This is very close to the mark.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just listened to this.

If we got Bateman, Cotric and Grant then I would be happy with that. Lets see how it unfolds

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Grant
Bateman
Cotric
I'd splurt a major load
If they secure that, I would change my opinion about the board. Major coup if true.

We’d have a fast, skilful forward pack. A express backline (would be up there with the best in the comp) and an attack threat from dummy half. Been a long time we had someone with vision and attacking flair to run our offence through the ruck. Exciting times if true and in my opinion those signings would deliver on the promise of the board and hill.

If however we extend tolman, bring in another prop, and not strengthen positions we are lacking in I’d still consider the board and the coach inept. It’s their time to shine. Exciting if there have identified these weaknesses and these players to help us.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just listened to this.

Now that sounds positive.!!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe sweeten the deal. Throw in Lewis to the storm. I know he is a magical half and the prince of Belmore with the hair flick of a Korean pop star. But we need grant or someone of his caliber.

I’d throw in Lewis and wristies to Bellamy for every time he visits Sydney. Anyone that knows lyn let her know my offer to get the deal over the line.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just listened to this.

Looking for the “froth” button - would be outstanding if they pull this off.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Phil Gould has warned battling NRL clubs that sacking a coach won’t necessarily solve their issues.

The veteran NRL coach and commentator has argued against clubs axing coaches as a cure-all for their problems, saying there’s often a range of complex issues at play when a team performs poorly – and that a coach isn’t typically the number one issue.

“You’ve got clubs that are in a losing situation now, is that purely because of the coach?

Is that purely because of the coach’s relationship with the players? How much of it is the playing group, roster and leadership outside of the CEO and coach?” Gould said on his Six Tackles With Gus podcasts.

“There’s a lot of factors that lead to success. There are a lot of factors that lead to failure

“To my mind, it’s rarely the actual coach. It’s more with other factors within a club.

“Just to bring in another coach is not going to solve the problem.”

Gould argued that struggling clubs can’t just swap coaches and expect to improve their record.

He said: “If you gave Wayne Bennett the Bulldogs roster, they’re not going to win any more games. Same thing at the Dragons and a few of these other clubs that are really struggling.

“It comes down to the management of your roster, recruitment, development, the depth of talent, the culture within your club, the resources and money they have available that makes things easier for coaches and players to do their work. These are all major factors.”

Given so many clubs have been rumoured to be interested in a coach swap, Gould says they should take caution at simply shuffling the chairs in the coaching merry-go-round.

“There aren’t that many experienced, quality coaches available to be going into these places which means you then need to take a chance on a rookie who hasn’t done it before.

“What are the guarantees there? If you haven’t got the system to put around a young coach, it can become overwhelming for him very quickly.”

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really wouldn't be getting our hopes up for Grant. Tigers are also known to pay stupid money (because they have to) and they can't afford to lose him. If we're prepared to pay close to, if not, 1m for Grant I think we can secure him. We're very desperate at hooker with not a lot available. We're going to have to pull off signing Grant, Friend or Mahoney (or another contracted hooker) somehow.

If we sign Cotric (~700k) and Bateman (~800k) that's the best we could do for those positions with what's available (excluding Fifita, but he'd be too expensive anyways, also we wouldn't want to offer longer than three years).

I've been in favour of re-signing Foran for a while now, ~400k is a fair amount.

I hope there is some news regarding re-signing Elliott and Wakeham soon.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we get grant that’s massive.

Doubt we can muster that.

Cotric and Bateman are steps forward.

Foran on a 1 year deal with second in our favour for a massive reduction maybe. Otherwise a others said no.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really wouldn't be getting our hopes up for Grant. Tigers are also known to pay stupid money (because they have to) and they can't afford to lose him. If we're prepared to pay close to, if not, 1m for Grant I think we can secure him. We're very desperate at hooker with not a lot available. We're going to have to pull off signing Grant, Friend or Mahoney (or another contracted hooker) somehow.

If we sign Cotric (~700k) and Bateman (~800k) that's the best we could do for those positions with what's available (excluding Fifita, but he'd be too expensive anyways, also we wouldn't want to offer longer than three years).

I've been in favour of re-signing Foran for a while now, ~400k is a fair amount.

I hope there is some news regarding re-signing Elliott and Wakeham soon.
Look I get youre the overs guy.. but there is no fucking way in hell Grant touches a mil a year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Look I get your the overs guy.. but there is no fucking way in hell Grant touches a mil a year
Does Grant touch 700-800k at the Tigers? 99%. Therefore we have to offer a significant amount more, it's close to, if not, 1m. It isn't going to be ~600k like others are saying...