Pay to be spared the axe for now... but Bulldogs’ $3m headache remains

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This coming from someone who creates various threads and posts of pure unadulterated crap, and who's "greatest team" has kimmorley at hooker.

You aren't funny, you are knowledgeable you are however sad boring troll who doesn't know any better
Bulldogs fan here: I never had kimmorley at hooker princess........ I am funny and I’m cool maybe you should be cool.... like me! You my friend are a silly silly little boy who doesn’t know how to “ go at someone “
Non bulldog fan , you are!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I never had kimmorley at hooker princess........ I am funny and I’m cool maybe you should be cool.... like me! You my friend are a silly silly little boy who doesn’t know how to “ go at someone “
Non bulldog fan , you are!
You're definitely not funny lol like ever!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Most of the players who aren’t being kept have already been told.
That’s good to know. Interesting already done and hopefully they expected it or keep their chins up for the rest of the year.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As long as pay is booted out, I don’t give a fuck about staying on the forum lol
Haha and then you’ll say the same about the next coach and the coach after that. Trust me I’ve seen it happen here for a few dogs coaches now

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread,

"Good morning/afternoon boys and girls.

I never say this as facts. It's an estimated guess + my opinion.

If I was to go through our current contract players and have an estimated guess what they're on/we'd re-sign (that's also imo who we'd re-sign) them on it'd look something like this:

1. Averillo ~200k
2. DWZ ~500k
3. Hopoate ~500k
4. Reimis ~200k
6. Foran ~400k
7. Wakeham ~200k
8. Jackson ~600k
9. Elliott ~400k
10. JMK ~200k
11. To'omaga ~200k
12. Napa ~600k
13. Smith ~200k

That is ~4.2m

Other players off contract: Cogger, RFM, Harper, Holland, Montoya, Sue, Tass and Tolman.

Other players contracted for 2021

1. Britt ~200k
2. Crichton ~200k
3. Katoa ~200k
4. Meaney ~200k
5. Ogden ~200k
6. Stimson ~200k

That is ~1.2m

We know Thompson is coming for ~800k.

That means we already have ~6.2m/9.9m in the salary cap filled between 20 players (top 30). We have ~$3,700,000 to spend on 10 players. That's an average of ~370k per player.

Let's say we sign or promote 5 players on ~200k. That's another ~1m gone and we're left with ~$2,700,000. That leaves us with 5 spots to fill and a new average of ~540k per player.

I'd also just like to say a lot of players I have listed on ~200k are and would be on less. There will also be multiple players on or close to minimum wage (~115k in 2021). This will mean we'll have even more to spend and a higher average to spend per top player.

I hope this explains it. Also remember this is an educated guess.

*I forgot Lewis, include him with the 5 players on ~200k."
Uneducated more like it. Lol

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brown also "started" recruitment in 2017 and it took him three years to get the Roster the Knights have now. I'd personally say we/Pay haven't even had that 2017 year yet. That's our 2021. We have slightly different circumstances because we have a better base to work with and more salary cap we can spend in the first year.
where is brown now? he lost the dressing room...

hmm i wonder why, remember that he started playing players out of position and the expectation to be a top 8 team last year.....

you get my drift...pay ain't the answer

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha and then you’ll say the same about the next coach and the coach after that. Trust me I’ve seen it happen here for a few dogs coaches now
careful @AlzzBulldog you are tangling with a voting member, because he knows best.

Just remember they voted in this board

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more i think about our situation and all the smoke regarding coaches and players, something is brewing something is happening i am sure.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
where is brown now? he lost the dressing room...

hmm i wonder why, remember that he started playing players out of position and the expectation to be a top 8 team last year.....

you get my drift...pay ain't the answer
Brown got one year with a competitive roster and failed. Pay hasn't had that chance yet. Pay hasn't lost the dressing room and it's quite the opposite. Pay and the team will have higher expectations next year, I've already said that 100 times. I've also said 100 times that Pay has done a very good job considering everything, he's actually excelled expectations. It's very unfair what's happening to him now (and everyone in the know acknowledges this). Unless a top coach is available I personally see no reason why he won't be here next year.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We looked competitive against the Dragons and Sharks, Sunday is a must win.
Everyone is overlooking the split comp, Covid, and the Commies, how is Pay and the squad meant to concentrate?
Its not his fault what he inherited.
We have been told to hang in there until 21.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We looked competitive against the Dragons and Sharks, Sunday is a must win.
Everyone is overlooking the split comp, Covid, and the Commies, how is Pay and the squad meant to concentrate?
Its not his fault what he inherited.
We have been told to hang in there until 21.
We've come out of the covid break fine? We've been playing very well imo. Our worst game of the season was vs Cowboys (before covid) with Manly (after covid) a close second. After those two games I can't complain with how we've performed - 4/6 games.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've come out of the covid break fine? We've been playing very well imo. Our worst game of the season was vs Cowboys (before covid) with Manly (after covid) a close second. After those two games I can't complain with how we've performed - 4/6 games.
200.gif

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You sign 5 of those guys only
The $3m is BULLSHIT, it's a well know fact that journalists can't even add up primary school lunch money.

According to Zero, there are 15 players off contact this year, being Jack Cogger, Matt Doorey, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Tyrone Harding, Morgan Harper, Kerrod Holland, Tui Katoa, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham and Sebastian Winters-Chang.

Foran is on $1.2m (back ended from Year 1 $0.8m and Year 2 $1.0m) and from the $3m that leaves $1.8m between 14 players.
Tolman is also in his last year of a back ended contract reportedly $700k (back ended from Year 1 $400k and Year 2 $550k). That leaves $1.1m between 13 players.
Leaving out the 3 players between 27 and 30 on $80k each, and the 2 Development players on $60k, that leaves $740k between 8 players.
That's $92.5k each ................. BUT the Salary cap is $110k minimum for 2020 .............. ooops.

So whoever in Foxsports wrote this needs to go back to primary school and learn how to add up, because plainly they can't

FWIW my quick back of the envelope addition ends up a bit over $4m.

Go Dogs

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the board and andersons are clueless and hopeless, what ever the outcome is it falls directly on their shoulders

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats the problem with the style of football Pay has got the team playing. Grinding out results and going set for set without taking many risks with the ball makes any type of error critical to winning and losing.

Really? There was some attacking effort even against the Chooks - Crichton was unlucky not to score, there was a nice attacking break from Averillo which was a try for all money except the pass was buggered up. So again I see plenty of effort, I see very little polish.
Hey guys in case you haven't noticed, our attack has been dismal for over ten years except for 2012 :worried:
We lack silkiness speed and timing, we are always relying on a pushed pass a burge or an individual effort.