Official Round 7 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Discussion Thread

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Too bad he can’t tackle and would get steamrolled in the middle
Everything u said above makes sense except a hooker needs to be able to complete 40 plus tackles min
He isn’t up to that
His defence isn't as bad as people make out. Also he won't need to make 40 tackles if he isn't an 80min option

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers don't want Reynolds, but they're playing him over Benji. I watch almost every NRL game, including Tigers games, and the reason Reynolds hasn't been picked isn't because of ability - it's because of injury (repeated) and Benji, a club legend, returning and being in good form. I personally think Reynolds has played very well for the Tigers and he's one of their best players every time he's on the field.

Reynolds and Hodkinson were the best halves combo to play for the Bulldogs since 2005 (when I started watching NRL). Reynolds was then paired with Mbye and Frawley. Talk all the shit you want about Reynolds but maybe watch one highlight reel on YouTube and tell me which halves we've had since that can do any of what you see (not even Foran has done this).

I would of kept both Reynolds and Mbye as players but we couldn't compete with Tigers offer for Reynolds and we had to force Mbye out due to our salary cap position due to part management (he was also on too much with us). The reason why we don't have Mbye is because he was a player that another club wanted, we lost our best wanted players. Mbye looked a lot better in our team than he does at the Tigers.
Mbye was just a spectator most games. If he got a good pass he could score, but rarely did much. His physical attributes could have made him a great player, but his mental attitude was poor. Reynolds was the complete opposite in the mentality and effort department. If Reynolds was as quick as mbye he'd have been considered a superstar. All his good points came down to the fact that he was always trying something to spark the team.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is. Leilua plays on the right, Mbye on the left (I know they're named in reverse). We've named Averillo on the right and Holland is a left sided centre.
Leilua vs Holland...Bloody hell, BJs up for a hat trick against the turnstile!

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Mbye was just a spectator most games. If he got a good pass he could score, but rarely did much. His physical attributes could have made him a great player, but his mental attitude was poor. Reynolds was the complete opposite in the mentality and effort department. If Reynolds was as quick as mbye he'd have been considered a superstar. All his good points came down to the fact that he was always trying something to spark the team.
MBye was one of those guys who never had the consistency to deliver. All the talent in the world.

Reynolds knew his talent level wasn't as high but he plays what he does know very well, and his passion for the game is through the roof as well as his talk on the field is outstanding how he gees up the team. You couldn't see it on TV, but when you were at a game, and he played on Tony Williams side, you just saw him getting into Williams telling him to run hard. If he wasn't in his ear, you just knew Williams would do one of those soft runs he was so know for.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously there is something very wrong with the world where every season we go into games against West fucking Tigers as underdogs!!!

We really should have won that game against Cronulla. Hopefully the forwards can take control this game as the Tigers pack looks a little light on to me.

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Averillo still not a centre gets caught out of position too many times and we concede to many points he should give him a crack at the 9 he’s quick and got good footwork something this team lacks big time and he can’t possibly give any worse service than jmk has been dishing up what’s the worst thing that can happen we lose again lol
I agree 100per cent I don’t think he’s too confident in he’s own defence he rushes up a lot and gets caught out he did that in the lower grades looks good with the ball but

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just realised Kerrod holland and Reimis are back together. Hopefully they can reproduce what they did vs dragons vs knights a few years ago. Holland has a good offload I am looking forward to seeing him play. He looked good last weekend off the bench

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just realised Kerrod holland and Reimis are back together. Hopefully they can reproduce what they did vs dragons vs knights a few years ago. Holland has a good offload I am looking forward to seeing him play. He looked good last weekend off the bench
Hope he has since learned to tackle

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland right side and Reimis is on left,go figure lol.Also Tolman cleared to play

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Holland right side and Reimis is on left,go figure lol.Also Tolman cleared to play
Tolman into the starting side with To'omaga dropping to the bench and Ogden out?