Official Round 7 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Discussion Thread

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to watching avo and wakeham play again this week but worried that Harry grant will tear JMK A new asshole. Wouldn’t mind seeing cogger get a crack at D/H but the side is finally looking like it should have at the start of the season, doggies win coming up

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully get to see the holland/smith combination that was forming nicely a couple of seasons ago until PAY master stroke of Montoya at centre

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are the lower grades playing this year ?
No. It will be very tough on anyone making their debut this year without any games under their belt. I know a few clubs have played some mini trials with players outside of the starting 17 over the last few weeks hopefully we can organised too.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon Meaney will play on the wing and push Reimis to centre and Holland to the bench instead of Cogger.

I hope not though I like the balance of the back line and bench.
May be right. Articles on the game have said Meaney may be late call up along with Tolman.

Two weeks quarantine and possibly (probably) one week training with the team. I'm not sure when he arrived in Melbourne/started quarantine.
Think he has been in the country a week as the video and article from the club says one week ago.....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is Meaney deserving of a late call up and another reshuffle? He's been pretty ordinary this season. I'd rather Reimis and DWZ stay on the wings.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their 5/8 will try too hard or have a brain exposion.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Holland criticism is harsh tbh. He shits over meaney and crighton

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the feeling Cogger is sacrificial and the 14 jumper will go to another player this week.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fill in the blanks for next year.

1. Hoppa
2. Smith
3. ?
4. ?
5. Dwz
6. Avo
7. ?
8. Thompson
9. ?
10. ?
11. ?
12. ?
13. Jackson

14. ?
15. Elliott
16. Napa
17. Renouf

Deadset we need 8 quality players. Hope that war chest is big enough.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fill in the blanks for next year.

1. Hoppa
2. Smith
3. ?
4. ?
5. Dwz
6. Avo
7. ?
8. Thompson
9. ?
10. ?
11. ?
12. ?
13. Jackson

14. ?
15. Elliott
16. Napa
17. Renouf

Deadset we need 8 quality players. Hope that war chest is big enough.
LOLLL need more then $3-4 million for 8 quality players ..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best backline structure we've had for a long time. It's a pity we're seeing it for the first time but happy it's happened. Cogger might throw a decent pass out of dummy half if he comes on for JMK, but he's a bit of a turnstile in defence. I'd rather see an outside back on the bench, with Averillo covering halves and Holland there for hooker.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Meaney deserving of a late call up and another reshuffle? He's been pretty ordinary this season. I'd rather Reimis and DWZ stay on the wings.
I think he has been ok in a poor side. He is very reliable under the high ball and has done a few good things. The team on a whole has been very poor.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo still not a centre gets caught out of position too many times and we concede to many points he should give him a crack at the 9 he’s quick and got good footwork something this team lacks big time and he can’t possibly give any worse service than jmk has been dishing up what’s the worst thing that can happen we lose again lol

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is the best team Pay has come up with so far.

Smith is terrible at centre, glad to see him back on the wing.
Hate to say this. I have an aweful feeling he will change with Meaney onto wing, Holland to bench Smith back to centre. Sincerely hope I'm wrong.