Official Round 7 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope not, Ogden I want too see more of before Thompson comes in.

Tolman for Cogger instead.

Don't see the need for Cogger on the bench.
I thought Ogden had been pretty underwhelming in his limited minutes this year so I agree it would be nice to see more of him and see if he improves with more game time.

Pay loves a utility so I can’t see him dropping Cogger for Tolman.

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it a rule only players named on Tuesday can play this round... so no Thompson as he isn’t in the 21 named today?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it a rule only players named on Tuesday can play this round... so no Thompson as he isn’t in the 21 named today?
You can get a special exemption to change players after Tuesday but it rarely happens. If he’s not in the 21 now it’s safe to say he won’t be playing on Sunday.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thompson is doing weights in his Melbourne hotel still and not eligible for selection

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
This is probably our strongest back line . Now get the balance right in the forwards. Tolman is walk up , Thompson will be on the bench with RT, Sue and a utility. I think it's time for katoa or cogger to play nine with king on the bench. Also we need to blood a edge back rower this year. Jackson isn't keeping up. He is a middle but so is Mariner and Elliot.
We need a kikau, aubuuson, Bateman.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL - Round 7

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

Venue -BankWest Stadium, Parramatta
Time - Kick off 6:30 pm, Sunday 28th June
TV Coverage - Foxsports
Tickets - N/A

Bulldogs

1 Will Hopoate
2 Reimis Smith
3 Kerrod Holland
4 Jake Averillo
5 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6 Kieran Foran
7 Brandon Wakeham
8 Renouf To’omaga
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 Dylan Napa
11 Josh Jackson (C)
12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13 Adam Elliott

14 Jack Cogger
15 Dean Britt
16 Sauaso Sue
17 Ofahiki Ogden

19 Sione Katoa
20 Lachlan Lewis
21 Aiden Tolman
22 Nick Meaney

Tigers

1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Joseph Leilua
4 Moses Mbye
5 Tommy Talau
6 Josh Reynolds
7 Luke Brooks
8 Josh Aloiai
9 Harry Grant
10 Oliver Clark
11 Luke Garner
12 Luciano Leilua
13 Matt Eisenhuth

14 Elijah Taylor
15 Thomas Mikaele
16 Sam McIntyre
17 Michael Chee-Kam

18 Benji Marshall
19 Chris Lawrence
20 Billy Walters
21 Reece Hoffman

Referees: Henry Perenara;Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie;

Bulldogs all-time record v Tigers
36 played 23 wins 13 losses 0 draws

Bulldogs record at BankWest Stadium
6 played 3 wins 3 losses

Last meeting
Round 21, 2019 Bulldogs 18 Tigers 16
I would rather have this team

1 Hopoate
2 Smith
3 Averillo
4 Lewis..............better defender
5 DWZ
6 Wakeham........plays off Foran
7 Foran..............cotrolls the game better
8 Tolman.............named means he could play
9 Cogger
............he is a liability in defence but could spark our attack
10 To'omaga.......will get us on the front foot early
11 Jackson
12 RFM
13 Elliott

14 JMK
15 Napa............rag doll but can be effective off the bench
16 Sue
17 Ogden

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is probably our strongest back line . Now get the balance right in the forwards. Tolman is walk up , Thompson will be on the bench with RT, Sue and a utility. I think it's time for katoa or cogger to play nine with king on the bench. Also we need to blood a edge back rower this year. Jackson isn't keeping up. He is a middle but so is Mariner and Elliot.
We need a kikau, aubuuson, Bateman.
I’d like to see Doorey get a run before the season is out. He’s a strong ball runner with a bit of mongrel about him.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Meaney will play on the wing and push Reimis to centre and Holland to the bench instead of Cogger.

I hope not though I like the balance of the back line and bench.
Yeah I'm pretty happy with that team lis to be honest. Holland actually had some good toitches the other night, and He looked likely to make something happen. Even better to see Reimis back where he belongs, especially outside of Holland.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess Pay has finally been reading the Kennel. Remis in the wing

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty happy with that team lis to be honest. Holland actually had some good toitches the other night, and He looked likely to make something happen. Even better to see Reimis back where he belongs, especially outside of Holland.
Holland gives another option in kicks too. Fuck I hope Cogger stars at hooker. We need a game controlling Hooker, can pass, can kick and can bring in another option in attack. Kick some 40/20s from dummy half Cogger.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs: Kerrod Holland replaces the suspended Christian Crichton in the backline and Jack Cogger joins the interchange. Nick Meaney has recovered from his hip flexor strain and could be a late inclusion, along with Aiden Tolman. Fuck I hope it isn’t true. We need Remis in the wing

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs: Kerrod Holland replaces the suspended Christian Crichton in the backline and Jack Cogger joins the interchange. Nick Meaney has recovered from his hip flexor strain and could be a late inclusion, along with Aiden Tolman. Fuck I hope it isn’t true. We need Remis in the wing
I reckon he was (once again) told to put Smith back on the wing.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I’d like to see Doorey get a run before the season is out. He’s a strong ball runner with a bit of mongrel about him.
Worth a go instead of Ogden. 10 to 15mins for a young kid is better than what Ogden offers off the bench.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger should be given a run in the 9 jersey. He has the kicking and passing game for it and being a 7 you'd think he would be able to see opportunities as they present themselves for the ball to be run with.