Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
“Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has telephoned Bulldogs coach Dean Pay to guarantee there’s been no contact about taking over at Canterbury-Bankstown next year.

Pay is guaranteed to see out the remainder of this season at Belmore and the Canterbury-Bankstown board intend to give him every possible chance to earn a new contract.”

Source: Fox Sports

Nothing new Alzz, same as I’ve been telling you all along. When are you gonna listen?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
“Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has telephoned Bulldogs coach Dean Pay to guarantee there’s been no contact about taking over at Canterbury-Bankstown next year.

Pay is guaranteed to see out the remainder of this season at Belmore and the Canterbury-Bankstown board intend to give him every possible chance to earn a new contract.”

Nothing new Alzz, same as I’ve been telling you all along. When are you gonna listen?
I can picture that conversation happening something like this:

**Pays phone buzzes**
"Ohh, it's craigy. Hey Craig"

Bellyache: " Hey Dean. Just a heads up linking me with your job, I'm not interested so you can relax and earn that new contract"
Pay: "ohhh that's wonderful news Craig. But I need some help, any pointers you can give me?"

Bellyache: "sure. The best advice I can give is start doing your CV because you'll be out on your arse at the end of the year"

Pay: "OK, will do. Say, any chance I could come back to Melbourne and be........ Craig, are you there, why's no one talking and the phone beeping? Craigy where'd you go?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can see it playing out similar to Kevin Moore and also Steve Folkes. They were both told mid-way through their last season that they wouldnt be re-signed for the next year. However they were also told they could see out the year.

Moore walked. Folkes stayed

Folkesy probably should have walked because the way we finished the year guaranteed he would never get a head coaching gig elsewhere.

Only my opinion but I think in a few weeks they will tell Pay his services are not required next year. The only thing that could possibly save him would be for us to notch up some wins and stay in touch with the top 8. Thats next to no chance of happening though. Our roster just cant cut it with the top teams

Reactions: DT

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well Bellamy ruled himself out by calling Pay and assuring him that there has been no contact or talk of him at the Bulldogs.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who is our assistant atm? Surely they deserve an opportunity to have the remainder of the season to probe themselves if Pay is indeed finished which it looks like.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can see it playing out similar to Kevin Moore and also Steve Folkes. They were both told mid-way through their last season that they wouldnt be re-signed for the next year. However they were also told they could see out the year.

Folkesy probably should have walked because the way we finished the year guaranteed he would never get a head coaching gig elsewhere.

Only my opinion but I think in a few weeks they will tell Pay his services are not required next year. The only thing that could possibly save him would be for us to notch up some wins and stay in touch with the top 8. Thats next to no chance of happening though. Our roster just cant cut it with the top teams
It's very important that Pay stays so that we can wrap the spoon up nicely and present it to him....

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very important that Pay stays so that we can wrap the spoon up nicely and present it to him....
TBH we have been working towards a spoon for the past 3 years. I wouldnt be surprised if we get it this year

Will probably depend on how much influence Thompson can have. At the moment there isnt much between us and the Titans. We defintely try harder than them but with these new rules the gap between the good teams and the shit ones is widening so effort only gets you so far.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What do you think of pays inability to select a proper team 3 years into his tenure, his poor use of interchange, his non existent game plan and structure, and no significant player improvements, 3 years in a row starting off The season in the worst possible way losing most of our games, why is he being given a chance to earn a new contract

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you think of pays inability to select a proper team 3 years into his tenure, his poor use of interchange, his non existent game plan and structure, and no significant player improvements, 3 years in a row starting off The season in the worst possible way losing most of our games, why is he being given a chance to earn a new contract
You know my answer to all of those questions mate.

Maybe time to get those protests going what you reckon?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know my answer to all of those questions mate.

Maybe time to get those protests going what you reckon?
A bit cold to protest this time of the year, can we wait till spring at least.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well said - the 2021 position is vacant - the club can tell him that he is not being considered for the role - doesn't have to be a sacking. Re the roster - just not able to match it with the better sides - what makes it worse are the issues around the development contracts - some of the players on those contracts could not make the average Flegg side last year - add the loss of CHN - not much to work with.

Playing roster is the key

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s your reply when you have nothing to say aha... no cred
You made the claims mate not me, so let’s see it happen. Perfect time.

I’ll even fund it for you just tell me what you require. I’d love to see you slobbering incoherently into a witches hat and flapping a barely legible sign around which would no doubt be littered with spelling errors. Would be a great endorsement for those whom you oppose.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well said - the 2021 position is vacant - the club can tell him that he is not being considered for the role - doesn't have to be a sacking. Re the roster - just not able to match it with the better sides - what makes it worse are the issues around the development contracts - some of the players on those contracts could not make the average Flegg side last year - add the loss of CHN - not much to work with.

Playing roster is the key
Do you know what's doing with Schoupp? Haven't heard a thing about him since joining us.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you know what's doing with Schoupp? Haven't heard a thing about him since joining us.
I got nothing - with quarantine etc who knows but given he was given a run in the trials suggests he was impressing someone in the offseason.

Im hoping that the NSWRL organise a 20s comp and or a NSW cup comp - idf not hopefully the clubs will jusy organise unofficial games to give players like schoupp an opportunity to impress.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I got nothing - with quarantine etc who knows but given he was given a run in the trials suggests he was impressing someone in the offseason.

Im hoping that the NSWRL organise a 20s comp and or a NSW cup comp - idf not hopefully the clubs will jusy organise unofficial games to give players like schoupp an opportunity to impress.
True, I barely remember him during the trial though lol.

Yh the guys on the fringes need to be playing some sort of footy, surely we could organise some stuff with clubs like the Tigers or Eels just to get some of the boys a run in a game like environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.