Opinion Wakeham

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We should have won tonight, Averillos try allowed, was a brilliant run, but hey the reffs are at their own discretion FUCK HEADS.!!!
Every stat says we won that game.

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy is not the answer at 7 long term.
Below average NRL half at best, even that's being generous.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a waste of a halfback that has no kicking game, no running game and would be lucky to make a reserve grade side.

He will never make his mark as a first grade player. Absolutely useless. Get ride of him.
Your a goose

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Living & breathing & watching rugby league for 41 years.
Thats great. There are others here who've done it for varied amount of times (some longer than you) who have the opposite opinion to you.

6th game in first grade.

Has not played a game in ages, is not match fit.

Tried too hard after his sin binning to make up for the team, which shouldn't have been a sin bin.

Let's revisit this conversation when he's had around 20 games. I see potential in him

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was a big moment for Wakeham and foran knew it.
I was coming around to the idea of extending Foran on a fairer price purely to mentor young halves. For what he's currently earning, it was disappointing.
Felt he took too much of a backseat to a rookie.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats great. There are others here who've done it for varied amount of times (some longer than you) who have the opposite opinion to you.

6th game in first grade.

Has not played a game in ages, is not match fit.

Tried too hard after his sin binning to make up for the team, which shouldn't have been a sin bin.

Let's revisit this conversation when he's had around 20 games. I see potential in him
He is 21, if he was good we would know by now.
The club desperately needs to be in the market for above NRL average 7 & 9 for next season.
There is no escaping that reality, regardless of who the coach is for next season.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a waste of a halfback that has no kicking game, no running game and would be lucky to make a reserve grade side.

He will never make his mark as a first grade player. Absolutely useless. Get ride of him.
No probs Lachie. Will do.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That rule takes the pressure of the referees. If in doubt...6 again. The novelty has worned off. This rule was only introduced to eliminate the wrestle however the threw out the baby with the bath water.
I'm not overly concerned about it, the ref didn't call held and the intent was to push him rather than land directly on his back lol. I'd rather see a mistake like this than some of the other rubbish

You're right about the repeat sets, I liked the idea at first but after a few games they're a over the place and like you said you're left clueless when the ref makes the call.

In the end the game was pretty balanced and pretty much every stat tells the same story. There was just over a 1m difference in average set gain in favour of the Sharks while they also had the quicker slightly quicker play the ball yet it felt like the Sharks were flying down field all game lol.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
41 years eh?? And you’ve still got no idea
Oh don't get all butt hurt princess.
Wakeman maybe has "more potential and/or talent" than Lewis, that ain't saying much.
Wakeman is a well below NRL standard halfback.
This team doesn't have any capacity to carry a "developing" halfback

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeman maybe has "more potential and/or talent" than Lewis, that ain't saying much.
and you’ve drawn this conclusion after 6 nrl matches and him coming off 13 weeks playing no football at all,please!
I stand by my original statement

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't you want to give the kid a chance first before writing him off?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't you want to give the kid a chance first before writing him off?
Yeah I guess, but I do want the team to win games they can win.
Not be cannon fodder while "developing" players.

Name one good halfback in the last 20 years who wasn't playing 1st grade and playing well by 21?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Name one good halfback in the last 20 years who wasn't playing 1st grade and playing well by 21?
Well I can't off the top of my head.

Maybe playing next to Foran consistently for this year is just what he needs.

Whatever the answer is, I know it's not by repeating what pay did with Lewis.

PS brutal truth is we will always be cannon fodder with pay at the helm.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not to make a comparison. But I think cooper cronk was around 23 when he first played half for the storm. I think he only switched to half when orford left. I reckon there are heaps of halves who were not dominating at 20yo. There are also flops like ash Taylor and Brooks who started their careers on fire but have been rubbish for years. Wakeham may develop he may not, but at least give him 20 games to see what he can do.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not to make a comparison. But I think cooper cronk was around 23 when he first played half for the storm. I think he only switched to half when orders left. I reckon there are heaps of halves who were not dominating at 20yo. There are also flops like ash Taylor and Brooks who started their careers on fire but have been rubbish for years. Wakeham may develop he may not, but at least give him 20 games to see what he can do.
Another thing to consider, any talent available for 2021?