Opinion Wakeham

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s better then Lewis, but so is a cardboard cutout! I’m happy to give Wakeham some time but I don’t see a lot in him that excites me. Don’t think the coaching, lack of game plan help him. I’d rather see him playing 1st receiver, flat at the line and passing to forwards, rather than them passing to him. When he’s flat his running game becomes a threat. Averillo’s a much better footballer than him, he’s got speed, footwork and instinct.
A lot of teams are using a forward at first receiver. Seems to be the thing to do.....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s me Deano I just realised I made a big mistake by leaving Lewis out fuck wakehams shit I got sucked into the hype sorry boys ( wankers)
Your comedy skills are just a bit better than reading the game. Well done son!

Last edited:
A

Alexander the Great

Keep the same energy when you see me next time i come over for a coffee with your old woman

It’s me Deano I just realised I made a big mistake by leaving Lewis out fuck wakehams shit I got sucked into the hype sorry boys ( wankers)

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sold on tonight’s performance but to be honest it’s not fair to decide his future on it either.

he needs to be there for the year now to build confidence and composure. If he’s still not progressing then enough.

his kicking game is terrible compared to Lewis, but he has much more ability than Lewis has. Sure Lewis is a better defender, but you don’t place defence as your half back’s greatest quality either.

let him have a proper go for the year. We’re gone anyway.
Lewis is a better defender....have you been watching the games? His kicking game was limited because of the pressure of the defenders who were in his face. He will learn.

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
Even though he wasn't particularly great tonight, he did some good things and kicked effectively for the most part. Obviously he has fair way to go developing his game, I think he's shown enough to clearly be our best half back moving forward
He is sub standard. Far from what is required. No future.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wakeham showed he has quality, but he needs time in first grade and a reasonably settled team around him.

He also needs to cut out the rubbish, the late hit on the ground that got him the sin bin was not on, really stupid play, made it harder for his team. He looked sheepish when he went off and so he should.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A lot of teams are using a forward at first receiver. Seems to be the thing to do.....
Yes they do, the issue with us is that we do it far too often, not direct enough and have our halves pushed far too wide and as a result they're getting he ball with fuck all time, space and options.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was fuckin shit and cost us the game keeps lookin at himself on the big screen , Lewis ain’t a half but he can tackle and he’s hard , we need a pommie half or one that can play in the middle , wakeham cant
Hi Lachlan. What a moronic post. Cost us the game..... Crichton who couldn't mark his man, an unfair sin binning and some very harsh 6 again calls on the 5th tackle cost us the game. So how many missed tackles by Wakeham led to tries?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wakeham showed he has quality, but he needs time in first grade and a reasonably settled team around him.

He also needs to cut out the rubbish, the late hit on the ground that got him the sin bin was not on, really stupid play, made it harder for his team. He looked sheepish when he went off and so he should.
That late hit was rubbish but the sin bin wasn't for that.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One of his kickoffs only went 30 meters his kicks are shit his only got the edge runner play they’ll work him out I’m only being honest not living in hope like you it’s a money game we can’t have em still gettin breast fed ....fuck
DWZ was kicking off.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes they do, the issue with us is that we do it far too often, not direct enough and have our halves pushed far too wide and as a result they're getting he ball with fuck all time, space and options.
Fair call.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does Lewis make the pass to hoppa for the try? The question answers itself. Wakeham is a genuine half and will need some time to build. I supported Lewis at the start and I’ll support this kid and give him every opportunity to prove himself. We where a better side with him on the field tonight and that’s a good start.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because the last 3 6 again rorts were against us my bro
Consecutive penalties lol.
Which presumably the ref gave a warning about, and Wakes either didn't hear it, or went ahead with the dumb hit anyway.

The 6 agains are a hit or miss. Some of the games I've watched I can pick almost every time the ref is about to call one. Other games I'm completely mistified by the refs calls. End of the game the Sharks had a half second advantage on average PTB speed, which means they were the ones hanging around in the ruck for longer. I'd like to know how the ref can justify not giving more 6 agains against them.

The refs are poorly prepared, they seem to be on the lookout for certain players and game situations. Just know the rules and call them...