Averillo

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's focus on the main positive for now. Averillo is the best junior we've had for over ten years. He's a true threat every time he has the ball and is as explosive, elusive and dangerous as most other backs in the comp.

He's getting better each week and he isn't even playing in his preferred position. I know he was extended but they should extend him further as soon as possible.

Finally we have an elite rep level talent in the backline that we can build a team around moving forward!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck yes...

I was just about to start a thread on Averillo. He deserves his own, and I hope it’s a few pages long..

where to start- the kid is only 19yrs old, the amount of talent and potential is Massive, he can kick goals, if he gets a little space and broken field he will be unstoppable.. he has xfactor and the excitement you get when he’s in the clear.!!!!

he will be fullback one day, nice to let him stay where he is an gain experience. Let’s just hope we don’t lose this one, because he is DEFINITELY a future superstar, Love him already. AND he needs to be KEPT in the blue and white.!!!!

the club better not fuck this one up.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol i wonder how long until he realises we dont have the foundations to be a top club.

Storm and Roosters would be asking his manager questions

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo and Wakeham should solve two of our spine position long term if our club does not stuff it up of course. The most disappointing thing to come out of to nights game IMHO is Smith. I think Crichton contributed much more than him to night.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This kid could be anything. One to watch. Needs more time in fg.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said Ben good to see a bit of positivity.

Averillo is an outstanding talent, can’t wait to see him develop.
Imagine how good he will develop under a better coach :hearteyes: !!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Most confident i've been in a player for a while, should lock down a spot in the halves or at fullback and go onto have a very good career. Happy to keep him at centre for the time being but hopefully the club has his future in mind when focusing on recruitment and doesn't just use him to plug whatever hole there is.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
100%
Averillo and Wakeham should solve two of our spine position long term if our club does not stuff it up of course. The most disappointing thing to come out of to nights game IMHO is Smith. I think Crichton contributed much more than him to night.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can tell he hasn't played many games at centre with some of his reads, but his 1 on 1 defense on Ramien was good.
Seems to have the ability to beat the first man, good acceleration and top end speed, good footy IQ for a 19 year old also.
He has a big future, most likely as a five-eighth if he keeps developing.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the way he leans into waist tackles, hardly losing any speed while staying well balanced, and often breaking the tackle. Don't want to compare him to Steve Renouf yet, but he was the best smallish back I've seen doing that. Averillo always looks a chance of breaking the line, unlike any other back we have. Pay just needs to get him closer to the ball. His defence is physical enough, just needs to work on the positional side of things.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has just slotted into first grade seamlessly. Sooner or later he is going to have a monster game and the rest of the NRL will be raving about him. On a side note his goal kicking looks great. That last kick from the side line couldn’t have been hit any better.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reimus Smith is a gun but he's not going well at Centre OR it could be that the inside ball from the halves/2nd rowers isnt any good. Lets not write him off because look at the Morris twins, they are going so well but were pedestrian when they were playing at the dogs (not counting Josh's early years)

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah so excited with this kid. Only 19 and so talented. We need more kids with speed, athleticism and skill like this.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly why this thread need at least 3+ it’s a massive Positive.!!