Opinion Effort & Attitude is Outstanding

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yet we're still tactically dumb and slow.

At least there's still some positives like Avo, Hoppa and Ofa.
Hoppa and averillo were good. Ofa did nothing. He is definitely looking worse for the lock down with no nsw cup games. Looks slow and unfit.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
effort and attitude is not really there, for example roosters have effort and attitude

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bud, 3 years in a row, we screwed the start of the season..
What do you put it down to?
Seasons gone before it even started again...
Give Deano that contract extension.

The attitude of this group is unquestionably positive and they’re playing for the coach.

We were punished on the back of stupidity tonight, and didn’t exactly have the rub of the green. Yet the effort never waivered.

Everyone’s ripping in, everyone’s hungry to succeed. We’re just missing that bit of genuine quality and craft amongst the cattle.

With Thommo plus a couple of extra quality players in the 17 out there next year I can’t wait to see what we can do when combined with the current levels of effort and morale.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bud, 3 years in a row, we screwed the start of the season..
What do you put it down to?
Seasons gone before it even started again...
I put it down to the facts as I always have mate - weak roster, and hands tied in the player market due to the salary cap debacle.

No coach in history would’ve got this team the results that the fan base craves (and absurdly demands) over the past 2.5 years.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Better attitude yes except for a few plodders, namely Remis Smith.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The boys ripped in tonight.

I really want to believe we can recruit more players but it just doesn't happen unless you have brown paper bags.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just don’t see how Pay can be blamed for the lack of discipline.

Jacko knock on - Sharks try next set.
Wakeham binned - Sharks try next set.
Foz restart on 5th - Sharks try next set.

Some dumb plays, some dubious calls but no shortage of effort. I still believe the lack of quality across the park is the key issue.
I agree with this in tonight’s game
Not sure pays the man, but exactly what u said cost us tonight
Some quality sure would help a dick load

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's face it team is putting in for pay but tactful nous he ain't got sure we ain't got the cattle unless we get a Bellamy or a big time couch we ain't gonna attract cattle we are pretty much also rans living on past glory

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I put it down to the facts as I always have mate - weak roster, and hands tied in the player market due to the salary cap debacle.

No coach in history would’ve got this team the results that the fan base craves (and absurdly demands) over the past 2.5 years.
But Pay has signed or resigned nearly everyone in this squad.. He’s the one who’s bringing in the chump change and playing them in front of others that probably deserve just as good a go. I loved the effort tonight but where was this last week? We look slower and not as fit as any other team in the competition and that is on this coaching group. Times up

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How shit is he going!! I’d rather give crichton a crack at center and play anyone on the wing. Remis is a dud and we will resign him on big money fmd

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much do publicists get paid?

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot deserves credit, based on the effort, and how pumped he was after the try, he is there trying to win, he wants to win and he had passion for the bulldogs jersey,and was one of the best tonight, so in that aspect Alone you can’t take that away from him..!!

but no... NO contract extension for pay, he’s gotta go..!!
I don't think Elliot will any trouble being snapped up by another club if we don't make a decision soon ,he'll be another one of our top players in different colors next year, probably Red white & blue, again!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with this in tonight’s game
Not sure pays the man, but exactly what u said cost us tonight
Some quality sure would help a dick load
What do we need? Recruitment wise?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Awful...he made his bed, he can sleep in it. Chrighton on attitude alone deserves the spot on the wing w which he relinquished.
How shit is he going!! I’d rather give crichton a crack at center and play anyone on the wing. Remis is a dud and we will resign him on big money fmd

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see Pay being extended unless no one better is available, which is unlikely. We need steeper improvement than what Pay can offer. He could do himself a favour though and stick with our best backline instead of making changes all the time (that is after putting Reimis back on the wing, bringing Harper in, and swapping DWZ and Averillo).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
OP is flogging dead horse............boom tish

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The effort and attitude waxes and wanes. It has been there for years. Pay’s persistence with plodders are on him and not on the players.