Opinion Wakeham

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even though he wasn't particularly great tonight, he did some good things and kicked effectively for the most part. Obviously he has fair way to go developing his game, I think he's shown enough to clearly be our best half back moving forward

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He had an up and down game. The way he held up the pass for Hoppa was pure class.

His kicking game wasn't great but Foran not helping him out put Wakeham under a lot of pressure.

He ran it a bit which was good to see. He was hard done by with the sin binning.

He'll only get better and his service to his outside men was heads and shoulders above what Lewis has been providing.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has a mixed kicking game, not just bombs on the last, I did love his hit in Dugan as well lol, and should not have been binned, again, like Averillo, wakeham has huge potential, these two would really be long term assets to build the club around..!!

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him a full season and he’ll be our half for the next couple years

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Showed some good signs. He was decent in defence and some of the attacking plays looked good. Still plenty to work on but certainly worth persisting with considering it was his first game in 13 weeks and only one opposed session with the team. Will only improve.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hes got a long way to go but signs are promising ... Deserves as much time as Lewis got. Best thing to note is that if Lewis was there all of the Shakes tries would have still been scored. So Dean has absolutely no reason to back track this decision imo

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wakeham was a passenger, but as long as he's given game time he'll continue to build (be more involved, chance his hand) and improve each week.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with him lads he will get better with the more time he plays if pay gives him a bit of free play be interesting to see how he goes let foz play the conservative half organiser and let wakes be the one who plays what’s in front of him can’t hurt better then wallys niece

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s better then Lewis, but so is a cardboard cutout! I’m happy to give Wakeham some time but I don’t see a lot in him that excites me. Don’t think the coaching, lack of game plan help him. I’d rather see him playing 1st receiver, flat at the line and passing to forwards, rather than them passing to him. When he’s flat his running game becomes a threat. Averillo’s a much better footballer than him, he’s got speed, footwork and instinct.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Needs to have the spot for the rest of the year no doubt. Make him a 7 though and Foran a bloody 6.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sold on tonight’s performance but to be honest it’s not fair to decide his future on it either.

he needs to be there for the year now to build confidence and composure. If he’s still not progressing then enough.

his kicking game is terrible compared to Lewis, but he has much more ability than Lewis has. Sure Lewis is a better defender, but you don’t place defence as your half back’s greatest quality either.

let him have a proper go for the year. We’re gone anyway.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At least he looked like a halfback and playmaker. Just leave him there for a couple of months. Nothing to lose and at least we won't have to watch Lewis and his grass-balls.