Bulldogs powerbrokers want Wayne bennett

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed queer...
If bellamy isnt an option id go for cameron smith as a captain coach for the first year of a 3 year deal.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: anyone know who power brokers are?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: anyone know who power brokers are?
I’m a bulldogs fan as well and I’m here:

The power brokers are the ones that have been involved with clubs for a longtime and we’re once or some still hold positions at clubs who have many friends/voting members that worship the ground they walk on. These power brokers spoil their followers with free food, free tickets, free info, jobs etc etc and in return the power brokers dictate how voting should be cast. These power brokers then use their power to try and influence decision made at board level. Power brokers are also connected with the media/newspapers and can also get what they want written in newspapers to also influence and dictate remotely. What I have written isn’t exactly the way, but you get my drift.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The power brokers are the ones that have been involved with clubs for a longtime and we’re once or some still hold positions at clubs who have many friends/voting members that worship the ground they walk on. These power brokers spoil their followers with free food, free tickets, free info, jobs etc etc and in return the power brokers dictate how voting should be cast. These power brokers then use their power to try and influence decision made at board level. Power brokers are also connected with the media/newspapers and can also get what they want written in newspapers to also influence and dictate remotely. What I have written isn’t exactly the way, but you get my drift.
its true

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett as head coach and jimmy Dymock to be assistant and take over Wayne after 2 years.
Board members want
Curtis Rona
Josh ado Carr
Jackson Hastings
Ben hunt at hooker.
Also looking at a fullback from England
The board need a sponsor
Dean pay will be sacked on Monday
Georgalis will take over until Bennett comes. Also enquiring for jonathon Thurston as halves coach for next year. Kieran Foran will not be signed.
Hastings and Wakeham as halves
Hunt at 9
Rona and jac will be wings
DWZ and remis Smith centres
Hoppa full back
Surely we can get someone better then Dymock!
He'll just be another Pay..
Would they look at Fitzgibbon?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett as head coach and jimmy Dymock to be assistant and take over Wayne after 2 years.
Board members want
Curtis Rona
Josh ado Carr
Jackson Hastings
Ben hunt at hooker.
The board need a sponsor
Georgalis will take over until Bennett comes. Also enquiring for jonathon Thurston as halves coach for next year. Kieran Foran will not be signed.
Hunt at 9
Hoppa full back
Source

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Board members want
Curtis Rona
Josh ado Carr
Jackson Hastings
Ben hunt at hooker.
The board need a sponsor
Hunt at 9
Hoppa full back
m8 im creaming hard

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I need some new friends,
Really wouldn’t mind freebies every now and then.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Board members want
Curtis Rona
Josh ado Carr
Jackson Hastings
Ben hunt at hooker.
The board need a sponsor
Hunt at 9
Hoppa full back
? Whats Isaac's track record

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
? Whats Isaac's track record
I dunno but this dated post by him on his profile concerns me deeply

Time to bring Jayden Okunbor in to replace Josh Morris and Lachie Lewis on wing replacing Montaya.

Lewis on the wing :frowning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like who? The likes of Seibold, Barrett, Mc Fadden, Morris, Brown , Brennan, Price, Holbrook and Mcgreggor? All were highly regarded but failed. Young coaches are a risk. They don’t guarantee any success.
There are two sides to every story. Robinson, Arthur, O'Brien and Cleary were all unproven NRL coaches and all of their teams currently make up the top four.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Board members want
Curtis Rona
Josh ado Carr
Jackson Hastings
Ben hunt at hooker.
The board need a sponsor
Hunt at 9
Hoppa full back
No Averillo in their plans hey?

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There are two sides to every story. Robinson, Arthur, O'Brien and Cleary were all unproven NRL coaches and all of their teams currently make up the top four.
Robinson was successful in England and then walked into a 2010 strong Roosters squad. Arthur and Cleary have been coaching for many years and still haven’t won a title and had a few wooden-spoons along the way and O’Brien is in his honeymoon period, give him time before you start to sing his praises.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Robinson was successful in England and then walked into a 2010 strong Roosters squad. Arthur and Cleary have been coaching for many years and still haven’t won a title and had a few wooden-spoons along the way and O’Brien is in his honeymoon period, give him time before you start to sing his praises.
I'm not disputing any of that but my point is it's not like every ESL coach or assistant is a failure. I think Fitzgibbon will be a good coach and he'd be my choice.