Opinion Shaun Wane for coach?

Would you be hapy with Shaun Wane as coach?

• yes

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • no

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • don't know

Votes: 18 33.3%

• Total voters

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard English girls give good head jobs. Why does he need to come here?
He has been in the media a lot over here lately, defenitely get the feeling he's pushing for a head job here.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Knock people out.....I can't give you any more free reign than that"

I don't agree with dirty tactics but he'll bring our team mongrel. When he coached Wigan they played with some agro. They used to bash teams. He won with them too.

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that’s not the question though. Being a better coach then Pay is setting the bar extremely low. The club can’t afford to mess it up if they pull the pin on him.
But how can you mess up when the bar is that low ? Be great to get the next Bellamy, Robinson etc but even if we get the next Stuart or Sheens a middling coach with some success we are ahead of what’s happening now.

As you can tell I’m off the Pay Coaching Train. Don’t believe he can turn this around

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But how can you mess up when the bar is that low ? Be great to get the next Bellamy, Robinson etc but even if we get the next Stuart or Sheens a middling coach with some success we are ahead of what’s happening now.

As you can tell I’m off the Pay Coaching Train. Don’t believe he can turn this around
Welcome to the dark side. :tearsofjoy:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

They can mess it up because there’s not really a coach out there that is a guaranteed home run. What if they get someone who is as bad as Pay? That’s what I mean when I say they can’t get it wrong and have to get the appointment spot on.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They can mess it up because there’s not really a coach out there that is a guaranteed home run. What if they get someone who is as bad as Pay? That’s what I mean when I say they can’t get it wrong and have to get the appointment spot on.
For sure but do you believe Pay can get better ?
Do we keep extending him one year at a time till someone else turns up better ?

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said this months ago, he definitely should be considered. At least get him in as an assistant coach then dump pay.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For sure but do you believe Pay can get better ?
Do we keep extending him one year at a time till someone else turns up better ?
Oh no we definitely need someone new in there. It’s just finding the right coach out of whoever is available who has the biggest chance of being successful.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh no we definitely need someone new in there. It’s just finding the right coach out of whoever is available who has the biggest chance of being successful.
Agree I just wish we had that crystal ball

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Green is coming off contract with the Cowboys. I wonder how long it will be until he’s linked to a move to us just like anyone and everyone else that’s ever been off contract

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This one is actually gaining traction. Murmurs floating around NRL journo that the club are most definitely interested in him and vice versa.

Keep an eye on this one.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might sound stupid but i really dont know much about esl. if holbrook could dominate in his 1st or 2nd year there, whats the benefit of going after other coach from there? Why not just try to get holbrook?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Better than pay?? Then yes please lol.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I have been a yo-yo, I want him to succeed but he keeps doing things that make me go “WHAT”

I agree to a point because I think if we were to do something Griffin is a real option either as coach or as a face saving”Football” manager

Mentioned it previously that him as a head coach and Adrian Lam as assistant would be ideal.
I like his attitude and mindset but I am concerned about his ability to attract gun players with no NRL history. Him and Gus, maybe.
Paul Green is coming off contract with the Cowboys. I wonder how long it will be until he’s linked to a move to us just like anyone and everyone else that’s ever been off contract
Nah, he has had great rosters and the “Goat” playing for him. Let’s see him succeed without JT 1st..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay would be incapable of winning 3 comps in Super League no matter the players he had. Even if he inherited a premiership winning team he'd stuff them up when players starting asking him to play new positions plus other coaches would have a big advantage by using their bench effectively. Pay isn't capable even of identifying a good player over a bad player. A UK education did okay for Trent Robinson. This Wane guy sounds like a winner - not someone who makes excuse after excuse for soft players. The sooner we swooped the less competition we'd have. We can't really afford to have any competition by the way. One plus is he couldn't do worse.

Last edited: