Leading NRL player agent Isaac Moses has accreditation cancelled

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...o/news-story/49a7c4a4bc088921065410fe84d75e28

Leading NRL player manager Isaac Moses has had his accreditation cancelled by the NRL following a probe into his activities.

Moses, who represents the likes of Josh Hodgson, John Bateman, Adam Blair, David Klemmer and Tevita Pangai, was subject to an NRL investigation into his behaviour in 2017.

Moses stood accused of helping Tim Mannah, a client of his, into giving evidence that was “false and intended to mislead an investigation” run by the NRL’s integrity unit.

On Tuesday he was told of the decision which will see him stripped of his right to trade as an NRL manager.

“Player agents have a very influential role in the game and with the players they represent. Where agents fail to adhere to the standards expected of them, we will intervene to take action under the NRL rules. That is what we have done in this case after a thorough investigation by the league’s integrity & compliance unit,” said NRL Interim CEO, Andrew Abdo.

Moses’ Cove Agency is one of the biggest stables of NRL talent. He also looks after coaches Anthony Seibold, Adam O’Brien and former Wallaby Israel Folau.

Moses has the right to an appeal and is free to work until his appeal.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
David Klemmer's manager...

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Isn't this the manager that politis refuses to deal with. If imagine he and the other powerbrokers at the roosters are behind this.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Good riddance, the guy is a master liar, schemer and manipulator so am glad he’s gone, it’s about time the NRL cracked down on these types of people, they manipulate their clients into asking for releases and turn their backs on signed contracts making life a misery for us supporters who fork out shit loads of cash just to see our most popular players bail out on our club making our clubs weaker as a result, all to line their own pockets! I can think of a few more player managers that can follow this grub out the door...

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he cuts the middle man and we can get him at a cheaper deal. Are players allowed to self manage or are they rorting themselves?
Wonder what's doing with Bateman now.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't this the manager that politis refuses to deal with. If imagine he and the other powerbrokers at the roosters are behind this.
Then how did they sign Tedesco?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully he cuts the middle man and we can get him at a cheaper deal. Are players allowed to self manage or are they rorting themselves?
There is a NBA player who manages himself and just hires a lawyer to look at the contract before he signs it. Saves himself millions.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Politis can’t stand the sight of him. He got another manager to negotiate on Teddys behalf as he was a client of Moses at the time. Politis good mates with V’landys too.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Does that mean contracts negotiated by the rat are not legal now. So players can re negotiate?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is a NBA player who manages himself and just hires a lawyer to look at the contract before he signs it. Saves himself millions.
Several NBA and NFL players do it. I don't know why more don't. Who wants to give someone 5% of their salary for the duration on their contract for "negotiating" a deal..

From memory a few NRL players negotiate their own deals also. I forget who now but hopefully more follow that trend.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Several NBA and NFL players do it. I don't know why more don't. Who wants to give someone 5% of their salary for the duration on their contract for "negotiating" a deal..

From memory a few NRL players negotiate their own deals also. I forget who now but hopefully more follow that trend.
Ponga dump his agent and had his Dad do it his new deal.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer will now have a sook again about being underpaid
Cam Smith used to.

Shane Webcke did his own contracts. Said, I had a number I wanted, if I got that number, I signed.

Klemmer never used to have a manager until Woods got to him & he signed with Woods manager Isaac Moses.