Team for this weekend

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not entirely his fault when you got d heads like Lewis sprinting out of the line and leaving a 3 on 1
If the bloke had half a brain, he would of realised that jumping out of line, like he did, would of left an overlap to the most dangerous attacking backline in the comp.

When you do that, you DO NOT let the player get up for a quick play the ball. Roll all over him in the ruck, give away a penalty so you can reset your defensive line if the opposition decides to not take the two.

The kid has absolutely no footy smarts or feel for the game

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If the bloke had half a brain, he would of realised that jumping out of line, like he did, would of left an overlap to the most dangerous attacking backline in the comp.

When you do that, you DO NOT let the player get up for a quick play the ball. Roll all over him in the ruck, give away a penalty so you can reset your defensive line if the opposition decides to not take the two.

It does need to be a dominant tackle to give your team more time to organise defence, but honestly Flanagan did a really good job stepping to his left right before the collision (this is why it wasn't a dominant tackle). Also you can't guarantee a dominant tackle but you can guarantee yelling at your teammates beside you to shift to the short side that's short in numbers and that's even without a dominant tackle. The best teams and players in the competition would of been able to react immediately. I personally don't put as much blame on Lewis for that play as I do on that whole left edge. They have a good reason being inexperienced and playing out of position.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It does need to be a dominant tackle to give your team more time to organise defence, but honestly Flanagan did a really good job stepping to his left right before the collision (this is why it wasn't a dominant tackle). Also you can't guarantee a dominant tackle but you can guarantee yelling at your teammates beside you to shift to the short side that's short in numbers and that's even without a dominant tackle. The best teams and players in the competition would of been able to react immediately. I personally don't put as much blame on Lewis for that play as I do on that whole left edge. They have a good reason being inexperienced and playing out of position.
An "outside" defender 20m from your own goal line (i.e winger, centre, halve) should never be caught at marker in the middle of the field.

Lewis has no footy smarts whatsoever. There was no reason at all for him to jump out of line like he did.

Take a leaf out of Josh Reynolds book. Jump out and make sure you dislodge the ball, or start a bru ha ha, so play stops for all of the ass tapping and kissing.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We needed two at least in every tackle one up top to wrap up the ball and stop the offloads and one around the legs to finish the tackles they were shirt grabbing trying to hold up the arms it was just a mismatch fullstop shouldn’t even be a topic of discussion lol 3 classes above in every aspect

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1.hoppa
2. Crichton
3.averillo
4.DWZ
5. Smith
6.foran
7. Wakeham
8. Renouf
9. Katao
10. Napa
11. Rfm
12. Elliot
13. Jackson
15. Ogden
16. Sue

Won't happen but thought I'll put it out there. 2 spots there because everyone else is rubbish. Lewis meany jmk are disgusting.
14 topine

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
14 topine
I seen topine play a few Flegg games last year I know he’s got raps on him and he’s young but he was ordinary when I seen him play he’s probably 18months away