Opinion More of the same next year

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair we have Thompson coming early which was great by the club. And i doubt he is the last signing we will see before next season. They have 9 months. Too early to make calls on how recruitment may go this far out. We all know why we have had limited cash to sign anyone before this year.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m talking about the original post you flop
You’re “cherry-picking” your own posts...

To be fair though, Segeyaro looked like a worthwhile option, bloke has just lost his way.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I made a thread recently saying that 2020 we should be pushing for finals, but honestly if we don't make any significant recruitment decisions for next season, then next year is gonna be the same unfortunately.
If we manage to bring in a hooker, centre and a prop forward then things are looking up, but given recent events, we can't seem to close a deal, I'm afraid it's gonna be another depressing season again, which would end up being 4 years in a row missing finals if we don't make significant changes.
I'm not trying to be negative, but I'm just calling it as I see it, I hope I'm wrong because I'm always optimistic about our chances, but we don't have enough strike in this team to move up, I pray we make some signings, we need it the most out of any team in the league.
I think our big problem is that no-one knows their position; and having the team re-organised week from week, means nobody is able to settle in and get some cohesion working. As much as it might upset some fans, Pay needs to find his best people for their positions, and leave them to do their job for the rest of the season. It's the only way the team will be able to work themselves into a unit. We might not like the early results; but they have to learn from their mistakes.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still think we will jag at least 1 more major signing (probably wing, centre or hooker) before or just after November and if we have a much better pre-season, I reckon at least 5 or 6 wins from the opening 10 rounds should be the benchmark.
So we didn't jag another centre, wing or hooker and we are 1 from 5 so to meet this soft KPI we will still need to win at least 4 of the next 5 games to have a 5 from 10 start. Sharks, Tigers, Souths, Broncos, Dragons.

At best I can possibly see 2 wins ( Sharks, Dragons) which will give us 3 from 10 start. Please help me to see that this is wrong because I dont want to hang around here if we are 3 from 10 and no change.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I understand people saying we are going to be the same team next year but we are 5 good players and a new coach from being a top 8 team... and with the current state of contracts, I don't buy in to the argument that there isn't enough talent on the market.

The below would require us to sign Stephen Crichton, Cameron Munster (long shot), Reed Mahoney/Harry Grant/Nathaniel Roache could be good value for money, Josh Kerr and either Jamil Hopoate or John Asiata.

01. Jake Averillo
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Will Hopoate
04. Stephen Crichton
05. Reimis Smith
06. Cameron Munster (1.2 mil)
07. Brandon Wakeham
08. Josh Kerr
09. Reed Mahoney/Harry Grant
10. Luke Thompson
11. Josh Jackson
12. Jamil Hopoate/Adam Elliott
13. Adam Elliott/John Asiata

14. Lewis (capable backup for most positions)
15. Renouf To'omaga
16. Dylan Napa (needs to pick up his game if he wants to be resigned because in my opinion, there are so many props that deliver more for less)
17. RFM

Coach: Anthony Griffin or Wayne Bennett

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You’re “cherry-picking” your own posts...

To be fair though, Segeyaro looked like a worthwhile option, bloke has just lost his way.
Anyone is a worth while option when what you currently have is JMK and Katoa...lol

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Segeyaro cant stay on the right side of the law and no club will go near him.